okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

Did you ask if he would take it back? He took the car back from the last guy so you should be able to get the same.

Im an Ebay member, Im assuming there are a few more here. Lets ask the seller to take the car back and give a full refund. Let me know if its ok with you kaj?

Seller left this feedback: "Car blue books at $15,000 dollars, I explained everything and gave pictures."

Wow, what a real piece of work this douchebag is. He clearly explained in the auction that the car has zero rust. This azzhole gets the lying scumbag seller of the year award.

You said you got legal help already...I would STOP changing anything until this is resolved. Seriously. Even though you plan on keeping it. DON"T CHANGE IT!!!

If your son is excited i think that right there is worth the mess. You guys will have alot of memories fixing it up and spending tons of time together. Priceless!!!!!

pretty much. trying to make lemonade, as they say. :) according to the courts, i am stuck with the car but can sue for damages. i take what i paid for the car, subtract the value, and he's responsible for the rest plus court fees.

Id sue him for damages .That car is worth between 1500-2500 you can sue for 5 k.maybe small claims .the problem is in most states it is buyer beware as is sale .however you need to get your stuff together and document everything about his add .I would also look into if it was truely a florida car .I doubt it due to the severe rust on the doors.I know someone that advertised a ford mustang as as 428 ad sold the car .It was a 390 with 428 heads and the buyer sued my buddy .He had to pay the buyer 3 grand for damages because he misreresented the car.Id start with an a letter from a lawyer.I would also bug the F out of ebay and paypal and go crazy on their a$$.Id call every day .Dont settle dude you were ripped off.Let the seller know you are seeking legal advice and planning on persueing a lawsuit.You cant leave negitive feedback but you can leave pos and tell in the description you were scammed with a rusted out POS
here is paypals phone numbers Ask me how I know.Get a free long distance plan and go Fncrazy on there A$$!!!!!!!!!!
PayPal Phone Numbers

already done. :) all his ads and any conversations i can find are printed and in a folder, waiting for the proper authorities.

Man, wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for all the rust.

Have you been in touch with the seller? Whats his take?

see above. says he already spent the money on school, even if he WANTED to take the car back.

he says it's a $15,000 car and i got a great deal. he also says he gave me full disclosure on the condition.

Don't blame eBay. :rolleyes:

who's blaming ebay?

Ouch. Me thinks this guy could use a "hospital job" if you know what I mean. 3-4 burly dudes, a couple pipes, a baseball bat and a bicycle chain should do the trick. :)

i can't say i would MIND. LOL

Did you ask if he would take it back? He took the car back from the last guy so you should be able to get the same.

he didn't take it back from the last guy. he agreed to sell the car to me for $7000. since i was willing to pay more, he cancelled the other buyer's bid and re-listed the car. i THINK the "other buyer" was a friend he was using to run up the bid amount, as i can't seem to reach him.

Im an Ebay member, Im assuming there are a few more here. Lets ask the seller to take the car back and give a full refund. Let me know if its ok with you kaj?

feel free. but i can't imagine him doing much. thanks, dude.

Seller left this feedback: "Car blue books at $15,000 dollars, I explained everything and gave pictures."

Wow, what a real piece of work this douchebag is. He clearly explained in the auction that the car has zero rust. This azzhole gets the lying scumbag seller of the year award.

that's his stance on the whole thing. if that's all he has in court, he's done.

You said you got legal help already...I would STOP changing anything until this is resolved. Seriously. Even though you plan on keeping it. DON"T CHANGE IT!!!

well. i'm stuck with the car. i took a million pictures. unless they are going to physically come look at the car, no harm in working on it. i'm not gonna put MONEY into it.. but i'll do some labor for fun. it's here, so...
if i thought there was ANY chance the seller would take the car back, i wouldn't touch it. but..

Roger that!

I bought a set of wheels of a ebay that were not as described. I tried to make the best out of it. I spent all day cleaning and polishing one wheel. Even after all the work the wheel still was not what it was suppose to be and the other three I had not touched yet. So I tried to get a refund. You know the reason they (ebay & seller) used not to refund? Yep, you got it. Because I cleaned and polished one wheel, I removed all liability.

Thats when I washed my hands of ebay.

I also learnd no matter what, you can't buy things over the net for big money sight unseen unless you know the guy and they stand behind thier stuff.

Roger that!

I bought a set of wheels of a ebay that were not as described. I tried to make the best out of it. I spent all day cleaning and polishing one wheel. Even after all the work the wheel still was not what it was suppose to be and the other three I had not touched yet. So I tried to get a refund. You know the reason they (ebay & seller) used not to refund? Yep, you got it. Because I cleaned and polished one wheel, I removed all liability.

Thats when I washed my hands of ebay.

I also learnd no matter what, you can't buy things over the net for big money sight unseen unless you know the guy and they stand behind thier stuff.

this guys is NOT taking the car back. he's said it multiple times. i don't BELIEVE i'm covered by ebay's buyer protection, due to the age of the car.. but i'm still waiting to hear back.

still. probably a good idea to not touch the car JUST in case. that's fine. that gives me lots of time to do other things around the house. :)

Maybe Im seeing things . Does that car have differant kinds of injectors in it? I see a blue stripe on one and the others look stock. Buying these cars sucks if you cant see it. So far everyone I met from this site would go out of there way to look at a car for others. If that is an original fl car it must had spent its life on the beach. Once these cars are rusted that bad it becomes a parts car. Hopefully you can get some cash back,probably not but its worth a try. Im with Grumpy. Get rid of it now and start over. good luck

ok so the car is worth $1500 to say a blind guy. So you take him to court for $5k.(maybe the limit in some states for small claims court). Do you really honestly think your goin to get a dime from this guy ?? You will spend $$$$ for a lawyer an don't even think of your time an aggravation. Sorry I just don't see this goin anywhere for YOU ..Throwing good $$$$ after bad !! YOUR VERSION OF NICE...MY VERSION OF NICE..HIS VERSION OF NICE will not be the same. You bid it..you bought it without even looking at it.. oh well..good luck..this should be a sticky to help guys like you to avoid a mess.

So the seller shafted the winning bidder and sold it to you for a higher amount? That would have been a major red flag that maybe he is not an honest seller. Did you have this car shipped all the way from Michigan? You couldn't find one closer at that price range? There was a pretty decent white 87 Limited T on here a few weeks ago for about the same price from Arizona that just needed paint i think...

Maybe Im seeing things . Does that car have differant kinds of injectors in it? I see a blue stripe on one and the others look stock. Buying these cars sucks if you cant see it. So far everyone I met from this site would go out of there way to look at a car for others. If that is an original fl car it must had spent its life on the beach. Once these cars are rusted that bad it becomes a parts car. Hopefully you can get some cash back,probably not but its worth a try. Im with Grumpy. Get rid of it now and start over. good luck

yes. it does look that it has ONE odd injector. if i keep the car, i'm going to be tearing it down and starting all over with stock parts. i have NO idea what in hell this thing has going on. LOL
as posted above, i posted in the thread "before you buy a car, read this". i also sent PMs to anyone i could find in the MI area. i got no replies, but i did give it a shot.

ok so the car is worth $1500 to say a blind guy. So you take him to court for $5k.(maybe the limit in some states for small claims court). Do you really honestly think your goin to get a dime from this guy ?? You will spend $$$$ for a lawyer an don't even think of your time an aggravation. Sorry I just don't see this goin anywhere for YOU ..Throwing good $$$$ after bad !! YOUR VERSION OF NICE...MY VERSION OF NICE..HIS VERSION OF NICE will not be the same. You bid it..you bought it without even looking at it.. oh well..good luck..this should be a sticky to help guys like you to avoid a mess.

all i'm out is the $55 for a filing fee. i'm not hiring a lawyer for something this simple. i show the judge the ad as well as any messages i have saved. i show pictures of the car. either i recoup some of my money or i'm out $55. worth the shot to me.
this is not about a version of "nice". that's opinion. it's about specific items he lied about. i have proof in his ad, and proof in his messages. this is about solid FACTS that he lied about, not an opinion.
if you buy a pen from some place online and you get a pencil, is it your fault for trusting the company? your bad, so you're just out what you paid, right?

So the seller shafted the winning bidder and sold it to you for a higher amount? That would have been a major red flag that maybe he is not an honest seller. Did you have this car shipped all the way from Michigan? You couldn't find one closer at that price range? There was a pretty decent white 87 Limited T on here a few weeks ago for about the same price from Arizona that just needed paint i think...

yes. after i agreed to buy the car, he told me how he already had a higher bidder but he cancelled the deal to get the car to me. i thought that was kinda rude of him to do all that for $100 (the old ad showed a winning bid of $7100.. now it doesn't. that's weird). now that the deal is done, i'm seeing stuff on his profile that wasn't there when i was doing research on him. for instance: the ad with my car in it that closed a few days before i purchased. i have NO clue where that came from. none of this is adding up.

everyone keep in mind: i checked his past buyers and sellers. i checked carfax, the ebay info, etc. i did all i could without flying to MI (which i ALMOST DID. regretting now, obviously). everything SEEMED legit. i even got second and third opinions from people not involved. i just got burned, plain and simple. live and learn. :)
just for fun, here is his last email. he really feels this is a $15,000 car. he also NOW admits there is some rust, but now it's just surface rust:

Jason,
I'm truly sorry you feel this way, there is slight surface rust which is shown, which once you sand down and paint like you said will be perfect, in the picture but the car is no way rusted through, sorry the frame is solid and so is the sheet metal. It's a one owner car a tune up and paint job and you would have a $15,000 Grand national. which we spoke about but again do what you want. I even gave you $300 down for your shipping and $500 BF tires. Sorry you got a great deal. As you will see my eBay record shows also...
I feel you thought you were getting a $15,000 Grand National for $6,900 no you got what you paid for but invest your money where you think is fit.
I was very honest and alway have been since the start. Your comparing a 2006 EVO to a 1985 Grand National that's the only problem we are having here. Like you said you never owned or driven a Grand National and now that you have one. I feel you are making excuses. I have already spoken to my lawyer the same so like we spoke put the $3,000 into the car and make it a $15,000 Grand national or you can make things hard and I'll have my lawyer contact yours and we can go that direction. I'm very upset you would ever think that I would try and get over on you or anyone else, I believe in karma, You got a good one owner car put the money and make it a $15,000 car.
I just paid $5,900 for a T-type and the turbo and engine both are gone (This guy said the car ran great), I'm not crying it's a car 27 years old, I never even called the guy to complain I'm taking my money and having it rebuilt. I stay positive in everything I do.
You got the exact car we spoke about it runs and everything and here you are you even drove the car to work so please don't tell me I was not honest.

Sincerely,
Joshua

- jhuffa313

i'll admit, i did try to drive it to work. once. it died on me to the point where i took side streets in case i had to have it towed. between the dying and backfiring, and the fact that i found it has mismatched injectors/ecu/god knows what else, i do not ATTEMPT to drive it.
if the only problem was the car not running right.. i may be able to deal with it. though he told me about it "being rebuilt, runs strong, i just beat a corvette with it, bro", blah blah.. i can make do. but when the car is JUNK and unusable, that's where i draw the line.
had i not specifically asked about this stuff, i'd write it off to my being naive. but i did. he lied. that's punishable in civil court. so to all of you implying i'm whining, etc: no. if was just me being sad about buying a junk car, i wouldn't even waste my time complaining about it.

Small claims

Most courts will, for a fee, send the court filings to the defendant certified mail. If he doesn't accept it then you have to serve him. I contacted a couple of service companies once and they aren't cheap and will make one attempt, and you have to give them all the particulars of the best time to try and serve him or you are just tossing more money away.

With his ad and your email and pics of the car Ebay should ban the liar. I don't know if ebay has a program to check IP address', if they don't all the guy has to do is change his ebay alias.

Besides the 'same car' being listed as sold twice in his feedback, one has 122k, the other 78k - both with the same vin number. Should always scrutinize feedback for sellers, that might of turned you onto the fact that he listed the same car twice with different mileage.

Small claims limit in MI is $3000

Be sure to list his name in here in full, in fact everyone replying should post it.... JOSH HUFFA - google frequently returns results from turbobuick.com when searching GN terms, hopefully a future buyer will google his name before buying, I sure would.

Guy's page https://www.facebook.com/Samantha.Joshua.Huffa

Whoa!!!!!!! Hold up this Josh Huffa is a scam!!!!! He tried to trade me a typhoon for my GN and also tried to buy my GN on different ocasions. Very smooth talker but i didnt feel right about him. Last year he wanted to buy my car sight unseen. I wouldnt do it. Then he was wanting my bank account to wire money:rolleyes: Then he wanted to trade a Jeep srt-8 and me to pay difference. Then i said ok all of a sudden his mom was sick so he sold it and gave her money lol. He did mention he bought a rusted out GN and was wanting a nice one cause his was a disaster. Everytime i spoke with him i would get different stories from him. Weird!! The 3 or 4 times he called he had a new vehicle to trade. He says he is in shool and wants a detroit muscle car cause thats where he is from blah blah blah.

I'm sorry I read the title "okay I've been had by ebay. lesson learned."
and then your first line of the post is: i know not to buy a car off of eBay.
I thought ebay screwed you.
You weren't had by eBay; maybe ON eBay thats about it....
That could have happened on the classified ads on here, or any where if you are not a educated consumer. And sorry to say I agree with 87Regal3.8SFI, sounds like you had stars in your eyes.
Fraud is like you describe. Buy a pen they SEND you a pencil.
What happened to you is:
You saw a singles ad; Hot blonde, female 100 lbs,, 5' 4'' blue eyes, 36-24-36, long legs, virgin.
You get to her trailer and she's 205 lbs, 5' 1" w/ short brown hair, acne and kids. AND you still take her on a date and sleep with her.
You said you did your research but IMO no one who did any kind of research would but a hot air at that price.....(or even a hot air for that matter.)
Sorry man I just hate it when people blame eBay (they are an advertiser here), or turbo Buicks, or a vendor, when it was half your fault.
It sucks what happened to you.
A guy tried it on here.
Had a car for sale said it had a "dime size" hole of rust on the corner of the trunk. I had 3 phone conversations and drove to TN to look at the car. When I saw the car if I had a dime to cover the actual rust that was on the car I would have had a $1000.
They will lie to themselves, these people.
Its nothing new.
The Romans had the saying.
Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.

Funny how he says in the auction his student loan fell through so he needs the money, but then he just bought a T-Type for $5900 bucks? This clown is a lying piece of shift and a scam artist. Just look at his previous auction. Sure, maybe you are partly to blame for not doing enough due dilligence, but this seller is a total fraud and you clearly got a raw deal here. This bastard has a lot of nerve what he said in his email to you. If this happened to me, I would be investing in a set of brass knuckles and a plane ticket to Detroit right now.

I'm sorry I read the title "okay I've been had by ebay. lesson learned."
and then your first line of the post is: i know not to buy a car off of eBay.
I thought ebay screwed you.
You weren't had by eBay; maybe ON eBay thats about it....
Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.

correct. i used the wrong wording. my bad. :)

i was had buy the seller, NOT ebay.

buyer beware, etc, etc. but fact remains i can seek damages for what went down and i will.

as for the post above: yes. same guy. i heard about the jeep. he told me about the first of many GNs he owned and how one was horribly rusted so he got rid of it back in the day. i'm not sure of the time frame there.
his current story is: had to sell the car to pay for school in Florida. He supposedly used the money to pay for the UTI program there, etc.

he's been blowing up my phone trying to get me to talk to him. i'm not making any agreements with him that way. print only.
i sent pictures of the rusted panels. "dude. that's surface rust. it will sand right off and you can paint the car and be good as new".

ay yi yi

That sucks man, Ive been on the receiving end of chit like this. At least yours runs :p.

technically. LOL

trans and engine leak like crazy. mismatched injectors. chipped ecus that don't match anything. but it DOES start and i CAN drive it if my life depended on it. LOL