One of 500 in 1984........

I finally found the place mentioned that has the original line sheets. I did have to pay $50 for it, but it will be worth it. She is going to email and send it via mail as well tomorrow. So, tomorrow afternoon will be interesting to see if it has the WE2 on there. Just in case anyone wants to know who to contact to get a line sheet, call Stacey at 1-734-261-5086

Also, is there ANYONE that reproduces that sticker on the inside of the door with the codes? Like I tell them what codes my car has, and they make one that looks original?

I finally found the place mentioned that has the original line sheets. I did have to pay $50 for it, but it will be worth it. She is going to email and send it via mail as well tomorrow. So, tomorrow afternoon will be interesting to see if it has the WE2 on there. Just in case anyone wants to know who to contact to get a line sheet, call Stacey at 1-734-261-5086

Also, is there ANYONE that reproduces that sticker on the inside of the door with the codes? Like I tell them what codes my car has, and they make one that looks original?

Here is the link for repo trunk stickers and door stickers. He is a board member here.

http://ras001.0catch.com/stickers/stickers.html

Also, do they e-mail, mail, or fax the line sheets?

Does anyone have a copy of one they can post?

Thanks,

The lady acted like they could do whatever you wanted. She is emailing, AND mailing mine to me both ways.

Oh yeah, dont think they are THE ORIGINAL PAPER used on the line as well. She said the are kept on microfiche, and they reprint them.

Here is the link if you want the factory invoice for $50.
Owner Research Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!

Here is what you get
attachment.php

Attachments

• invoice2.jpg
    invoice2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 145
if you want all documented 84 with 23k on it i can get it for ya.

As far as first 500, find build date, take 2000 and devide by production run then devide that by 26 days so forth and so on untill you get a magic number you feel comfertable with.

All kidding aside MY friend Jeff who was on the line here in Flint told me the only ones who knew what was going to be what was the production manager, from his paper work he knew what cars were going to be built and on what hr and day and finding out any exact numbers will not happen.

I seen the mention of the word random twice and I kind of see random as someone walking down the line and pointing real quick at a Regal and yelling GN!

He ordered his 2 months prior and called office everyday to see when his car was comming up for production and got his date about a week in advance...then came down with the flu and missed building his car..lol

I know this post has been beat down but the seat thing is prolly 2nd owner swapped out the cool Lear option to a buddy and some cash.

Im not a walking brain of buicks like some on here but Im learning as well.

Mike

Well, I got the line sheet. It is a Grand National. It has the WE2 code on there.

Here are the codes. There arent many. I see the pictures of other cars with the codes, and mine has NOWHERE near the amount. Is there just standard options that are on that sticker, and then they add those that you see on the line sheet or what?

A01-Tented Glass
B32-FRT Carpet Savers
B33-RR Carpet Savers
B93-Door Edge Guards
G80-Limited Slipp Diff.
K34-Cruise Control
N33-Tilt Steering
TT5-Halogen Headlamps
US7-Auto Power Antenna
VK3-FRT License Mounting
V08-Hvy Duty Cooling
WE2-Grand National
19L-Ext. Color Black
60H-Trim 995

I was also going to ask one more thing. I am switching to an intercooled setup. Do I need to switch out my brake setup, or is it ok?

lucky with the cruise control. Thats the only option that I wish my 84 had. Too bad about the lear seigler seats though. 6 way adjustable factory racing buckets wrapped in leather and palex. I just had my interior redone inorder to keep those seats. Good luck with the car, glad its a real one.