Opinions on different Alky systems

WhiskeyGN

Was looking for some input between the Razor's, Devilsown, and Snow performance kits. The pro's and con's of each if they are known. Some opinions on which are best based on cost, reliability, ease of installation and performance that you've seen (and preferably not just something some guy told you while at the track haha). Thank guys.

you probably wont find any other suggestions on whos to use here as the subject keeps coming up and its always the same answers
razors , aka ALKYCONTROL
hes the only kit built specific for the Gn (and many others ), methanol compatible
and theres someone at the other end of the phone or post right here (he's the moderator of this forum) if you have any questions or issues as julio (razor) is #1 when when it comes to service

you probably wont find any other suggestions on whos to use here as the subject keeps coming up and its always the same answers
razors , aka ALKYCONTROL
hes the only kit built specific for the Gn (and many others ), methanol compatible
and theres someone at the other end of the phone or post right here (he's the moderator of this forum) if you have any questions or issues as julio (razor) is #1 when when it comes to service

yup.. that about covers it. I know Snows uses nylon line instead of the SS in Julios kit. DO runs a small genaric (one size for all cars) nozzle. Easy to change BUT I don't see the "BUICK" support being any better than ALKYCONTROL. Performance.. My daughters GN DRIVER.. 9.9 @ 138 in street trim of course.. Just like its driven up to an from the track then over to the beach for some cruisin !! :cool: Did I say an ALKYCONTROL kit ?? Tested and proven time after time :D

Oh with your turbo she went mid 11s for YEARS with it. ;)

with that turbo low 11s on stock heads and dutt neck and even dipped one into the tens with some ported heads/fmic ....tt chip and alkycontrol

o_O...You mean there are OTHER alky systems?!?!?!?! Not under my hood. Julio baby!!!

:D

Julio allday!!!!! Great customer service and an all around good person. He made sure I had everything in place and good standing order before even trying to sell me the system.

I kinda figured going into that was the answer I was going to get but thought I'd see anyways haha :p A TT chip (and this kit obviously) is all I would need to install and run it correct? And where is the best place to buy one? (Direct I'm assuming)

I kinda figured going into that was the answer I was going to get but thought I'd see anyways haha :p A TT chip (and this kit obviously) is all I would need to install and run it correct? And where is the best place to buy one? (Direct I'm assuming)

Well, if it were me...I'd ask Santa, but most people just call Julio on the phone. Im not like most people...o_O
Join Eric's forum and tell him your plans, and he will respond personally with the correct steps to get you there. Both guys are super.

Your question is a valid one and it was my same question about a 1.5 months ago. What helped make up my mind was to read the the sticky at the top of the forum: "Tuning the Alkycontrol kit" then go through the process of tuning the kit in my mind. The instructions sounded very straight forward and simple so combined with all the positive feedback I read, I went with Alchy Control. Ya know what? It was just as easy to tune as the instructions above said it was. The installation was not an easy affair and I did a lot of swearing but in the end it tuned right up with no issues thanks to the well thought out system and the new TurboTweak chip that was matched to my combo.
I started at 15psi of boost and everthing looked perfect. I upped it to 20 and had a little knock so I turned the knob to add alchy. By the Fourth/Fifth run I was at 24psi on 91 octane and no KR with the stock turbo and 91 octane.

Whichever kit you use you'll LOVE alchy and pump gas... I've already upgraded to a larger turbo and just ordered a new chip from TurboTweak tonight..

KS

I don't have my kit installed yet, but I do have to say the Alkycontrol kit and Julio are both top notch. I misplaced the bag with the LED's and wiring components. Called Julio's number a bit after hours hoping to leave a message and get a replacement on the way as soon as possible. He answered, fielded my other questions with the kit and had the replacement pieces out to me quickly. Awesome customer service.

I should have it installed this week. I already did the hard part; hooking the MAP up from a formally digital dash car.

Edit: This car did it one time have a BGC Alky kit. Think a small tank, windshield washer pump, hobbs switch and NOS nozzle. That was a toy compared to Julio's kit.

Razor's Alkycontrol kit needs no comparison for a GN. I wouldn't use anything else or "tamper with" a car that used something other than his kit. I'm biased because its proven over and over again.

Razor's Alkycontrol kit needs no comparison for a GN. I would used anything else or "tamper with" a car that used something other than his kit. I'm biased because its proven over and over again.
x100!!!

JD