Orange County GNs

Got any idea what it cost to build a Stage II motor?

wiked87gn said:
18 months ago is quite a long time neal, times have change and this cars are becoming more and more desired by most people who know them, btw you can buy my whole car for the price that you sold your stage II engine, I heard he is running 7.4 at irwindale and cant make it go any faster LOL. there is a guy name Bob whos LOU build an engine for he is running 6.90's with 20 pounds of boost at 101mph at the same track with a 3.8 engine and just a few bolt ons. :) see you all in Vegas.

750H.P.V6 said:
It seemed high to me. I sold my Limited about 18 month ago with 46k miles, a high dollar repaint ($3k) and a lot of mods too, including but not limited to ATR front mount, TA49, bluetops,KB stainless headers and downpipe, Hooker exhaust for $10 K. I can post pics if you like.

Neal

...and like a fool I didn't pick it up when Neal called me inquiring if I'd be interested. I drove this thing briefly and the combo, Neal's chip and tune were "wire tight". If I had it, it would still be "in the family" wearing a flat hood and no turbo emblems--- GAAAAAAHHH!! :mad:

Neal, I'll see you Saturday.

Meanwhile....hey Gary, I'll trade you a beer for some of that popcorn ya got. After a really crappy day at work in which I nearly walked out on my boss, reading this stuff is great! :cool:

Some pics of the Limited.

Neal

Attachments

• DCP_9136.JPG
    DCP_9136.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DCP_9132.JPG
    DCP_9132.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 113
  • DCP_9131.JPG
    DCP_9131.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DCP_9137.JPG
    DCP_9137.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DCP_9115.JPG
    DCP_9115.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 84
Interior stots.

Neal

Attachments

• DCP_9138.JPG
    DCP_9138.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DCP_9134.JPG
    DCP_9134.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 94
wiked87gn said:
more like dirt after doing a 5psi launch on street tires, if you notice the car has texas plate on it not california plates, please pay more attention. do me a favor, go out and buy yourself a Real GN or anything buick with a motor in it, if you need a load maybe i can help you out and sponsor your new Real turbo regal car. :biggrin:

Ouch, guess you told me :rolleyes: But you do have a great idea! You could buy a GN. Then, I could do all of the work on it while you brag about it on the internet. After it's finished you could take all of the credit. Sound good? Oh wait! I forgot. What should we call our race team?? Should we keep it simple with something like" The baddest mother******s in the valley"? Or should we try and scare everyone and name ourselves "The 11 sec Capables"? :rolleyes: If your lucky kevin maybe they'll have a CAR SHOW in Vegas so you'll have something to do with all that tire kickin while you're there :p

scott wile

Chevota

"The 11 sec Capables"... Cevota, I was drinking beer when I read this and laughed so hard it almost squirted out my nose :D ... But seriosly, do ya think that we could get all get matching "THE 11 SEC CAPABLES" jackets for "The Club"? And we"ll need a secret hand shake, so as to know who all the "cool" guys are ;) .

Chevota said:
Ouch, guess you told me :rolleyes: But you do have a great idea! You could buy a GN. Then, I could do all of the work on it while you brag about it on the internet. After it's finished you could take all of the credit. Sound good? Oh wait! I forgot. What should we call our race team?? Should we keep it simple with something like" The baddest mother******s in the valley"? Or should we try and scare everyone and name ourselves "The 11 sec Capables"? :rolleyes: If your lucky kevin maybe they'll have a CAR SHOW in Vegas so you'll have something to do with all that tire kickin while you're there :p

scott wile

hmmmm i really dont know what your talking about, i really dont need you to work on my car at all, hahahahaha, as far as tire kicking i dont kick tires at all, when i go buy a car i bring cash money and if i am at a track is because i am trying to help somone tune thier cars not there to race. you are right, i dont race my car because i dont care much for racing whatsover my car is to clean for that if other people wanna go out and brag about how fast thier TR's are great, i am not one of those people i appreciate this cars for what they are, going fast with class, which is the least you can say about your TOYOTA Truck half ass chopped up and you had to put a BUICK motor to make it go fast what a joke, anyway some people say your cool but i really have to disagree with them because from the 1st day i met you you stuck me as being a little ARROGANT PRICK and i was right, you think your all BADA** with you toyota truck, but hey to each his own, i am done with this thread you are not really worth the effort of my time to be wasted on.. no hard feelings when i see you at the track aight. peace out.

Please take this opportunity at intermission to visit the lobby and enjoy some of our fine popcorn and soft drinks. The show will be right back.
Seriously, folks, I can't believe that we can't get our point across without resorting to name calling. And #2, Scott Wile is good people, a good Buick community type person and we are very lucky to have him in the Buick camp/community, regardless of what vehicle that he races with a Buick turbo motor. Same as Neal and Morgan. I have known Scott for a couple of years now, and neither he nor his family have ever been arrogant towards me. We should be able to disagree without name calling. The Buick community really is too small for incamp fighting.

No fighting...just a little truth be told :biggrin: I've had great conversation and learned something from almost everyone on this board except one. I'm sure others would say the same :wink:

-scott wile
aka" chopped up toyota"

Chevota said:
No fighting...just a little truth be told :biggrin: I've had great conversation and learned something from almost everyone on this board except one. I'm sure others would say the same :wink:

-scott wile
aka" chopped up toyota"

glad this is over, see you at track where you will see me kicking tires here and there or maybe just helping someone tuned their car for free ;) , maybe if you let me work on your truck and do a little tunning you will finally break in the 9's, or wait maybe you can take off the fenders that will gain you at least 4 tents.. ;) :p

750H.P.V6 said:
Interior stots.

Neal
BTW neal nice car, i really dont see a reason why you should have gotten more for it like 13K., except that for that ugly interior that must weight a ton, bench seats, and column shift, it's a beautiful car.

wiked87gn said:
BTW neal nice car, i really dont see a reason why you should have gotten more for it like 13K., except that for that ugly interior that must weight a ton, bench seats, and column shift, it's a beautiful car.

That "ugly" tan leather interior with half console is what made that car unique; not many of the 1,035 Limiteds had that color or the console, which IMO makes it infinitely more desireable than a grey bucket seat/console car. The interior still smelled new too.

As far as comparing your car to a Stage motor's value-- keep in mind that, while the price of both were/are the same, the motor you're referring to was sold without the big high dollar BB turbo, the custom ss headers, the fuel system, and a few other odds and ends. Combine that with the labor charge an owner without expertise would incur to have an expert do all the fabrication, put the thing together, install it & tune it, and you could easily buy two cars for that amount.

Peace.
Love.
Sell flowers. ;) :p

Drip Pan said:
That "ugly" tan leather interior with half console is what made that car unique; not many of the 1,035 Limiteds had that color or the console, which IMO makes it infinitely more desireable than a grey bucket seat/console car. The interior still smelled new too.

A

yes it maybe unique but ugly as hell with that interior it looks like a low riders car, i sure wouldn't buy it for 10k maybe 7k but not 10k, thats just my opinion i am sure others will differ with me.

This is fun we havn't had an internet arguement in a while...

We should all meet up and argue together, that would be shweet. :biggrin: