Ordered wheels

Originally posted by .38 special
yes, the centers are painted. I originally intended to paint the centers black. But after I got them on, they looked so good I decided to put that off for a while. But, on a black car, I think polished would definately be the way to go.
I do kinda disagree with your tire size though. I'll explain if you want.
Yep, explain it to me. I've ran the 255/275 combo on 3 of my TR's now with no problems. What sizes are you running on yours now?

Originally posted by efi-street
Yep, explain it to me. I've ran the 255/275 combo on 3 of my TR's now with no problems. What sizes are you running on yours now?
Just so you dont have to wait:D :D

He is running
Tires
fr=245/45/17
r=285/40/17

I run 285s on the rear of mine with 9.5 and 4.75 backspace and don't have any problems. Didn't have to roll any fender lips either.
Tarey D.

Sorry it took so long.
Ok, if you set it up as a ratio, then your front tires are going to be alot wider compared to the front rim, than the back tires compared to the back rims, therefore the front tires are going to balloon out more and look different.
275 / 9.5 = 28.95
255 / 8 = 31.88

Now if you take
275 / 9.5 = 28.95
28.95 x 8 = 231.58, so round up to a 235. I know that a 235 sounds skinny, but on a 8inch rim it is pretty big. Does this make any sense? And you could go bigger. I have 285s on a 10in rim with right at 5in of backspacing, with no rubbing or rolled lips. But all g bodies are different. I know I sound like a know it all on this, but I did alot of research and measuring for my wheels and it's pretty fresh on my mind.
hope this is of some use.

So, a 285/40 should fit on the rear with a 17x9.5 with 4.75 BS right?
.38 Special, do you have any more pics of your car?

Those are the only pictures I have right now. I know some of them came out blurry, but now one of my filler panels is rotting off, so I won't take any more until I paint my new ones. And yes, 285s should fit. They would on my car, but like I said, all g-bodies are a little different. It depends on how far off center your body is. But I would put money on it.
That would also bring the ratio up to 285 and 240, since they don't make a 240--you could use a 245 and it would be real close to the same. Only 2.5 mm difference, rather than 10mm on each side. I know it might be hard to understand, but I'm in the mathmatic zone-so trust me.

.38 special- your ride looks fantastic with those rims and painted bumpers and all. Now you guys got me thinking about those for my white T. :D

The wheels and tires have shipped and should be here next week as should the Baer brakes. I'll post pics when I get them on.

I am interested to see how they look in GN sizes and offsets. Did you ask them what offset range was available? I am on the verge of buying a set, and plan on 17x11/9.5 (I have a heavy frame notch/mini tub and no front inner fenders, before anyone asks).

Kendall, I didn't ask about the range, but I don't think you'll have a problem. I basically told them what I needed and they sent the order to Boyd's to be built. I was told 6 weeks build time. I'm happy that they shipped in just about 5 weeks. Nice surprise to get something early for a change.

Originally posted by efi-street
I got 4" BS front and 4.75 BS rear. Yes, I got them from sporttruck.com as they seemed to be the best price. They were about $1200 shipped including lug nuts.
Thats a great backspacing choice, They should fit real nice. I had my eye on those awhile back, you can't beat the price. I went with simmons instead. Pic's in my sig.

Yeah! whats up with that? I would go with a 245 45 17 up front and the 285 40 17 on the rear like they said it works. I squeezed 245 40 18 and 295 35 18. Check em out.