Ordered wheels

I have 17x8 with 4" bs and 17x7 with 4" BS currently (8" rear, 7" front) Haven't decided if thats what I want for sure yet, so I have no rubber for them.

I have talked with a couple people, and I have NO clue how everyone is fitting 9.5" rims on the rear. I was doing some measurements for 275s (10.9" width)

From the frame to my fender lip on one side is 11.5", and the other sides its 11.0" (body is 1/4" offcenter, doh) Even if the body was perfectly centered, I'd have to go 5" BS for 9.5" rims.. I'd get 1/4" clearance to the frame.. but it would be dead even with the inside fender lip, I don't understand how people are getting 275s in the rear with 4.75" with no fender lip rolling??

Originally posted by Skelbow
I have 17x8 with 4" bs and 17x7 with 4" BS currently (8" rear, 7" front) Haven't decided if thats what I want for sure yet, so I have no rubber for them.

I have talked with a couple people, and I have NO clue how everyone is fitting 9.5" rims on the rear. I was doing some measurements for 275s (10.9" width)

From the frame to my fender lip on one side is 11.5", and the other sides its 11.0" (body is 1/4" offcenter, doh) Even if the body was perfectly centered, I'd have to go 5" BS for 9.5" rims.. I'd get 1/4" clearance to the frame.. but it would be dead even with the inside fender lip, I don't understand how people are getting 275s in the rear with 4.75" with no fender lip rolling??
I have 295's with 4.75bs on a 9.5 rim check out the pics in my sig. 275's are an easy fit. I did trim the rear quarter lips back to the screw heads for the wheel lip trim. You would never know by looking at it though.

Originally posted by Skelbow

Put them 8's on the front and let me know how much room you have.

Clay I just saw the pics of your car with the wheels it looks real nice. I do have a ? do you have the stock suspension on it? If you lowered the front and rear 1-1.5 inches would the tires still clear the fenders and be able to turn? How tall are your front tires? like 26"??

Mine currently has stock suspension. I will be going with a 1" lower spring from eibach soon. I don't really forsee any problems. The only issue I have at all is a little scrub on the rear frame rail when I have a load in the back and I hit a bump. That's mostly due to the fact that my rear isn't perfectly centered under there. I'll be getting a rear swaybar to help (hopefully) with that soon as well.

I think thats my problem for the front.. from the ground to the top of the fender is I believe a little under 25" , have a supposed 3" drop on the front. the top of the front wheel is a little bit above the top of the fender already, thats why I can almost say 100% that I don't have a hope in hell of getting 8" rims on the front.

The back is all old n saggy, got a sway bar, shocks n new springs to put on, but I still dont think I have enough width for 275s.

Just gonna go 215s front and 245s rear and be done with it :confused:

Out of curiousity, anyone running 275s, from the top on the tire, how much higher is it to the fender lip? Just trying to figure out what everyone's ride height is like.

I think the fenders on regals are differnt then the cutlass, because someone else just told me that he has the 8's on his car and he thinks that if he was to lower it then the tire would be hitting the fender all the time. guess I have to go with 7" wheels. Unless 8" with 4.5 would look good on the front and the rear.