Outside pics on trailer

Dusty Bradford

I snapped a couple pics after I loaded it on the trailer. I'm moving to another shop so I can crank the car without having to roll it out in the cold. I had a few request so here they are. Wheels are Bogart Welded R/T's. 15x11 w/ 6 inch bs in rear. M/T 29.5x10.5 slick but will be a radial soon.

As far as the body. It's pretty straight but I have a turbo T hood(thanks to 1ARUNEM), chrome 87 grill(Smokinttype) that will be going on. Still have to buy some bumper fillers and the front chin spoilers to get it looking better. I will race it this year like this with new paint maybe next winter. I'm stuck between two colors. This grey color or the dark blue are my favorite colors with chrome. I'll make up my mind eventually.

Attachments

• buick1.jpg
    buick1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 562
Nice! I think Grey looks pretty good with chrome, but I may be a bit bias:biggrin: :wink:

BTW, Don't forget to add the 'chute as you will definitely be needing it! :eek: :cool:

frame notch

Dusty,

How much of the frame did you have to notch to get the 29.5X10.5 tire to fit? Currently I got Telstar 13's 15x10 with 5 inch BS and 28x10.5 MT slicks. The frame at this time is only notched up to the factory weld 1/2 way and a rolled fender lips.

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
10.24 @ 131

Hey Dusty, like the wheels on your trailer :D Also, could you please post some vids when you can too :cool: I'm sure we all would like to see this bad boy run. Take care and be safe, could be a hand full while tuning it.... :eek:

Looking great Dusty. Let me know when you get ready to take it to the track. I'd like to come watch and offer any help I can.

Brick. I like the grey with the chrome too. And the chute will be one of the next things I add.

Spooled231: It's a pretty serious notch job. I cut the frame all the way back to the back rail leaving only about 1/8th inch. I then made a template of the rail and cut 1/8 plate and inserted it into the frame to box it back. The frame is boxed but it's very thin. I also mini-tubbed it by splitting the factory tub and adding a 2 inch strip between the tub. I have a good bit of room between the tire and frame. The bad thing about these cars are when the rear is centered in the frame, the body is not centered on the tires. So to center the rear in the body, the tires are close to the frame on the driver side but have plenty of room on the passenger side. The 29.5x10.5 is a big tire, almost too big.

Raymond: If I can figure out how to do vids I'll be glad to put some up. Your right, it will be a handful. That's why I bought a large wastegate, hopefully I can start out slow enough to spare some underwear carnage :biggrin: Also that's why the car will not get painted this year. I want to be sure it will stay off the wall before I make it look good.

Thanks Warren. I'll let you know when I run it. It won't be long now. If the temp stays up during the day I imagine I'll be going somewhere in a few weeks.

Dusty Bradford said:
I snapped a couple pics after I loaded it on the trailer. I'm moving to another shop so I can crank the car without having to roll it out in the cold. I had a few request so here they are. Wheels are Bogart Welded R/T's. 15x11 w/ 6 inch bs in rear. M/T 29.5x10.5 slick but will be a radial soon.

As far as the body. It's pretty straight but I have a turbo T hood(thanks to 1ARUNEM), chrome 87 grill(Smokinttype) that will be going on. Still have to buy some bumper fillers and the front chin spoilers to get it looking better. I will race it this year like this with new paint maybe next winter. I'm stuck between two colors. This grey color or the dark blue are my favorite colors with chrome. I'll make up my mind eventually.

That car is pretty. :D Seriously nice ride dusty. How scratched do you think the rear bumper is going to get once you put the front wheels sky high? :eek: :D

Dusty Bradford said:
Raymond: If I can figure out how to do vids I'll be glad to put some up. Your right, it will be a handful. That's why I bought a large wastegate, hopefully I can start out slow enough to spare some underwear carnage :biggrin: Also that's why the car will not get painted this year. I want to be sure it will stay off the wall before I make it look good.QUOTE]

Ha! Ha! I'm sure your going to have your hand full enough without worring about the vids :D I know when you make the big debute, lots of vids will be taken, so I guess we all will have to be patient until then. About the underwear carnage....yeah I can already see that coming :eek:

I just bought the wife a brand new camcorder (MiniDV) so let me know and I'll be there if at all possible!

Thanks Stu but trust me. It's a 20 footer and the camera does it ALOT of justice. It'll do for now though. A few marks on the bumper would be something to talk about as long as I don't hurt it bad coming back down. The class I will be running has it's share of bumper scrapes.

That'll be cool Warren. I got a camera from Santa but I haven't tried it to see how it does with video. I see where Steele will be open all winter. I don't care for the track but 1/8 mile passes might be OK if there is some heat in the track.