Part #s for Type II ignition 4 you

the type II system will work just fine for a "driver car"--------i have them in several of my street cars due to easy availability and low cost---------but you will find if you start to build the engine up and run at high RPM's and high power you will have missing problems--------i have never seen anyone able to use them effectively on a high performance built engine under racing conditions------or at very high power on the dyno.........good luck RC

I know of a very clean blue Limited that ran a 9.6 at the Nats with them.;)

the type II system will work just fine for a "driver car"--------i have them in several of my street cars due to easy availability and low cost---------but you will find if you start to build the engine up and run at high RPM's and high power you will have missing problems--------i have never seen anyone able to use them effectively on a high performance built engine under racing conditions------or at very high power on the dyno.........good luck RC

Would the methanol (alcohol, lumina) coil (D546), the L67 Supercharged (D576) coil or the MSD's 8224,coil help any?

Also would a separate power feed wire for both module and coil be of any benefit (they both share one)?

I would say for anyone using the MSD 8224 with its lower primary resistance, a separate power feed wire is prob a good idea.

Would the methanol (alcohol, lumina) coil (D546), the L67 Supercharged (D576) coil or the MSD's 8224,coil help any?

Also would a separate power feed wire for both module and coil be of any benefit (they both share one)?

I would say for anyone using the MSD 8224 with its lower primary resistance, a separate power feed wire is prob a good idea.

There is actually no way to feed just the coils themselves. The pin that would feed the hot side of the coils is removed from the module. The best thing is hot wire it.

i made the pass in my sig with BWD type 2 coils and module, spun to 6300 in first gear, 6000 on the 2-3 at 23psi. Part # for the module is CBE103Z and coils 9864724, both with a lifetime warranty or 90days back to pepboys with reciept, $194 for everything. So far so good, no misses as sharp lean spikes on the 02 and w/b readings can tell you.

i made the pass in my sig with BWD type 2 coils and module, spun to 6300 in first gear, 6000 on the 2-3 at 23psi. Part # for the module is CBE103Z and coils 9864724, both with a lifetime warranty or 90days back to pepboys with reciept, $194 for everything. So far so good, no misses as sharp lean spikes on the 02 and w/b readings can tell you.

James, did that plug into the factory connector? Need to do something with my GN as it has one dead coil. Is the car still running good?

James, did that plug into the factory connector? Need to do something with my GN as it has one dead coil. Is the car still running good?

Wow 3 years ago already lol time flys....

I don't mess with anything other than bobs tr6 ignition. Pony up for it; it's well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the $200 you would spend on the type2 stuff and buy the wires and coil pack for the tr6

I have an extra unit I bought as a backup; you can use that untill you are able to buy one. Once you drive with this you will believe the hype. I'll send it down the MAGNA pipeline for a brother.

Take the $200 you would spend on the type2 stuff and buy the wires and coil pack for the tr6

I have an extra unit I bought as a backup; you can use that untill you are able to buy one. Once you drive with this you will believe the hype. I'll send it down the MAGNA pipeline for a brother.

Thanks Jim, but I just put a stock module and coil on it. Runs great now but needs an alchy pump..