PC Monitor help please...everything is huge!!

87LtdT

Left my PC on hosting an internet game....now everything is real large....icons on boot up screen are huge.

I've turned of and back on...no change.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob (PC dumbass)

Sounds like your resolution has been changed in windows. Right click the desktop, properties, click the settings tab and check your resolution.

I'm with you all the way to the settings tab....there is no "Resolution" on the settings tab. Or it is at the bottom of the page which I cannot see because everything is sooo large.

An example is this dialogue box I'm typing in takes up about 75% of my screen...

This is driving me crazy....

Bob

Bob,
What version of Windows are you running. I'm running 98SE. Under my settings tab I have an arrow to adjust the screen size. Also I have an advanced button to get specifics and make adjustments on the display size of the monitor. Again under the display mode tab I can adjust the screen size.

Drew

Thanks boys....all is well. I too had the arrow (Windows ME) and I was barely able to see it. I was changing it but unable to hit the "OK" key cause I couldn't see it...didn't even know it was there. Just kept moving the arrow but not enabling it.

Fooled around some more with it (cause you told me that was the thing to hit) and eventually hit "Enter" which made the change.

Thanks....you might be pressure-less, but you performed well under pressure :)

Thanks to all.

Bob

Holding down the control key (Ctrl) and moving the mouse wheel changes the text and screen size. I found this out after thinking I had a virius.