Picture of Kenne Bell Booster Plate

Low Budget

Does anyone have a picture?

I've been reading posts for 2 hours and I can't find one so I can compare it to other plates. When I called them, they said they didn't have a picture they could e-mail me and there's no Buick stuff on there site.

Need help ASAP.
Thanks, Jeff

I've got the instructions but no scanner.

Put mine on a week ago.

Gold colored annodized aluminum plate with two special black gaskets and use the yellow spring.

What you looking to see?

Is it the same design as the Kenne Bell piece? (Any picture?)
Would you happen to have the AutoZone part number? I tried them earlier and they didn't list one.

correction....it was pep boys, not autozone.

it is called a oil pump thrust plate.

no pics or part numbers....sorry

surej

Lower left pic. looks about right.

No diagonal groove in mine however, can't tell what that is in the pic.?

Other holes and passages look similar.

Kenne Bell seems the slots are thinner and slightly longer.

Hard to tell from just a picture. Close enough to use probably assuming it comes with instructions.

The Kenne Bell ones were actually readable for this product. :D

Hey Jesse! There you are! How's it going?

So the one Frank sent you a picture of is the same as what you used?

Originally posted by salvageV6
Lower left pic. looks about right.

No diagonal groove in mine however, can't tell what that is in the pic.?

Other holes and passages look similar.

Kenne Bell seems the slots are thinner and slightly longer.

Hard to tell from just a picture. Close enough to use probably assuming it comes with instructions.

The Kenne Bell ones were actually readable for this product. :D

Thanks for checking it out for me. I think the groove may be the diversion groove I've read about. Supposed to put it in there yourself. I think it's supposed to divert some oil from the relief spring area maybe. Sure someone will correct me shortly though. lol

All I can tell you is the Kenne-Bell aluminum annodized one has been on salvageV6 for 15 years now working fine.

Decided to put the same thing in the GN and got about 8 more psi. hot with new oil at idle. Was hoping for 10 but it's ok. ;)

Good enough for me. :)

Got the biggie oil filter adapter on both cars too, another nice product. :cool:

That one looks like a cheesy knockoff of the Kenne Bell product. :D

No groove in that one either. ;)

TA's is steel I think.

That's a clear pic. of what you are looking for I think. :)

Thanks to all!

I appreciate EVERYONES input very much.

I'm having a Clevite part brought in to Napa for tomorrow morning. I'll have a look and give it a try. I'll keep Pep Boys and Advance in mind if this Clevite part is NFG.

salvagev6, I just have in my head that steel gears riding against steel is better than steel on aluminum. I know with a cushion of oil, it shouldn't be a problem, and this is why yours is lasting. If I'm gonna learn a hard lesson here... hope not...guess I'll be looking for the Kenne Bell at that time.

John, I got your mail. This ties it all together for me. Thanks. :)

Jesse, Thanks for the links. Did you do any modifying of the plate or filter housing before install? The pictures JFH sent me show a filter housing modification, and the picture of Merkel's plate from GMHT shows a diagonal groove cut in the plate. Bet you just stuck it on there huh? ;)

Thanks, Jeff

If that picture I put up could show the other side you would see the groove. I didn't do anything to the plate or the adapter for the oil filter. I did clearance my cover though! You can plug the bypass in the filter adapter but I tried that and was collapsing filters. Don't recomend it.

Update

Ok. The plate is in the car as of tonight.

On my useless Autometer Phantom electric oil pressure gauge, I see no difference at all.

On my mechanical gauge mounted under the hood in a cooler line, I'm seeing 3-5# increase at 180 deg. in drive at idle. (Depending on the mood of the gauge.)

Not the stellar results I've seen mentioned, but it gets me to a place I can be at peace.

Thanks again everyone!

So what is your oil pressure totally hot at idle? Do you have the biggie oil filter setup yet? If not you may pick up 1-2 PSI there. Jack Cotton sells them for under $40.00. If you have 16 PSI or above hot at idle you are good.