Pinks All Out at Bakersfield Sept 11-12

wow u guys have it all set up...
good luck with your car guys..i might be taking my white t 4 the first time
so we'll see how that goes...

set up?

Donnies wife Cheryl is very competent. and knows what to do, I'm old and slow, so some able bodied buick folks will be big a big help.
look forward to seeing all of you there.

Cheryl gets flustered very easily. I'm not going to ask for much from her.
Sixshooter?

Sorry Donnie , I have a prior commitment I need to uphold. :( Best of luck and I will see you at the track soon.

If it didn't involve a Friday (gotta work), and you needed a set of hands, I might be able to beg my wife to let me come help out.....

come on!

test and tune is fri.
the pinks runoff is actually saturday.
here the schedule

Saturday, September 12
Gates Open 7AM
Drivers Mtg 8am
Time Trials #1 9am
Time Trials #2 3pm
Drivers Mtg 4pm
Quick 8 4:15pm
32 Car Run-off 4:45pm
Final 16 & Quick 8 5pm
Final 16 & Quick 8 7pm
Finals 7:30

Donny,

I might be able to do Saturday if you have no other options.
Let me know, so I can start begging the wife to sign my permission slip.

I always follow the lefty loosy, righty tighty rule, and should be able to out smart an air tool if needed.:D

Tim

Donny,

I might be able to do Saturday if you have no other options.
Let me know, so I can start begging the wife to sign my permission slip.

I always follow the lefty loosy, righty tighty rule, and should be able to out smart an air tool if needed.:D

Tim
The more, the marrier. I'm not restricting the pit crew size, so if you want to be part of this, come on down!

The car is pretty self sufficient, so refueling, tire pressure checks and visual inspections will be pretty much it. Some minor last minute tuning on the laptop should be all that's needed, as far as the tune. I'll instruct on a few other things at the show. Hopefully, there will be no need to get greasy up to the elbows.

I'll need minimal help, if any, on Friday. But Saturday will definitely be a different story.

If anyone has a small pocket radio with an earphone, please bring it. I'm going to need someone to keep track of the racer's announcements.

OK...I'll see if I can get signed off :redface: and will let you know in the next day or two.

Cool.

I'll be running around the next few days to do some last minute things to get the car ready. I want to tie up some semi-rigged things to make sure I don't have any problems up there. A starter has been ordered. The old one is doing some funky things every once and awhile. That would be the pits to not be able to get the darn thing started.

I'm bringing a jumper box too.

Hi, I dont think we have ever met but I would be down to attend and be in the crew and help where ever help is needed, I can know for sure in the next day or so.

Hi, I dont think we have ever met but I would be down to attend and be in the crew and help where ever help is needed, I can know for sure in the next day or so.
You're welcome to join us.

Everyone that plans to show, bring a chair. Lee's bringing some fans to cool the crew.

Lee. Thanks for bringing up the tire rubbing. I checked the lip and it has been rubbing. I moved the axle back so that there's now 1 1/8" clearance at that forward point. Two turns on all the control arms. Hope that's enough. I'll coat the spot with some black paint so we can tell.

Someone should try to get Turbobuick.com to donate some T-shirts for the team. :biggrin:

anyone driving their buicks up there from the LA area?on sat morning? i might be interested in a driving my t up there if some other board members are going:biggrin: