PINKS event.

nordy racer

WOW what a event.. Frist i want to thank EVERYONE for coming out and hanging for both days (Ray and wife, Rick, Pete, Reggie, Mark and everyone else ). it was nice meeting the guys from AZ and Len for the frist time :) .

WHAT AN EVENT.. it was packed with 425 cars and not one slower then 12.99.. the race event people had it all planned out, i think the longest down time between groups was 20 minutes.. there was some thing going on all the time.

Friday night we started running at around 4pm and they ran up intill 11pm or so.. i did 2 test runs and called it a night around 9pm..

My first run, i wasn't ready for the pro tree and took a ton of time to spool the car up.. it launched OK but the track wasn't hooking. it pulled a 1.58 60ft and ran a 10.01 at 137mph..

After the run i noticed a BIG leak coming from the header.. there was a crack halfway around the main collector coming up into the turbo :mad: .. i also had a bad ground on the the tech that was shutting down the car.. in between runs i fixed the ground and did nothing to the crack..

the car launched a 1.53 60ft and ran a 9.92 at 137mph.. The FAST system showed 5% correction + /-.. after that run we packed it up for the night...

Saturday Ray and Rick came to the rescue :) .. both guys showed up with two types of bandaid for the crack... it did the job (well for the weekend).. i set out for my first run around 12noon..

the temp was 104 and the DA was 5500 FEET :eek: the track was AMAZING.. i pulled a 1.45 60ft and ran a 9.80 at 137mph.. the second run for my group was around 4pm.. This run the racer and the fans would NOT see the cars time up on the score board or would i receive a time slip..

Well the car HOOKED again.. it felt like the first run :) .. reviewing the data log it was a high 9 sec run..

After all 425 cars ran their 2 time runs the PINKS crew went and reviewed all the times and started picked the top 16.. They changed this event up due to Rich not being able to chose between two race groups.. one was the 10.80 field and the other was the 9.80 group.. So they picked 20 cars from both groups for a run off..

WELL, the GN was picked for 1 of the 20 spots for the 9.80 group :biggrin: :biggrin: .. MAN I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT... we did a run off for the fans.. i focused so much on Rich and his arms i didn't notice my racer jumping the arm drop.. SO really i won the race :).. after all 40 cars ran, the PINKS team picked the 10.80 group :( due to 4 to 5 9.80 cars jumping the start..

So i didn't get a chance to run for the money, but i had a FREAKING GREAT time and the car came home running and all in one piece (thanks Billy for a Flipping great ENGINE :cool: )..

loved the Hat Rick....
vegasrace011.jpg

vegasrace012.jpg

vegasrace010.jpg

vegasrace018.jpg

vegasrace015.jpg

i had to made sure EVERYONE saw that the GN was V6 powered LOL.
vegasrace021.jpg

vegasrace024.jpg

vegasrace025.jpg

congrats for making it that far, if you notice on most of there shot outs they always pick from 10.5 to 10.0 class, BA$TARD$

DAAAYUMMMM,.... sounds like you had a great time, anyone take some videos of the event and you racing?

BW

Nordy

Congrats
NORDY Aka Mike you put on a hell of a show glad i was there to see it in person :cool: :cool: ........

i think a buddy took some vids of the runs ill see if he did ..

Also would like to thank Lenn ,Scott & specially Dan for his help with the XFI maybe you can pm scotts info soi can send his t shirt out to him ...

CONGRATS MIKE!!!!

Sounds like a bad ass event!!!! Sorry I couldn't make it. Glad to hear you made it as far as you did. When will the show be aired?

Thats great Mike! Wish I woulda made it but with the kid and all, kinda hard. But Im pretty sure they will atleast give you some air time when the episode airs. I imagine they will atleast air the run-off between the 9.8's and the 10.X cars. Hopefully we will see your car!

thanks guys... and Thanks Pete for your support at the track..

Pete you have a PM about that Nov :biggrin:

Fantastic Mike !!!!!!!!

wish I could of made it.
you did a good job of representing the Buick gang,
wish they would of chosen your group,
again , congrats,:D

The fans sure wanted Mikes group to run but I guess that was just not to be.Everybody got in a lot of racing but I can't say I agree with the way they choose the group to run for the money.They should have had 2 run offs with 2 prizes. Mike did everything right for 2 days just to be delt out in the end.WHAT A SHAME.

thanks Reggie.. yea i wish it went a different way but it's a 50 /50 chance.. it just wasn't my day.. I was just happy that the GN performed in the heat and that type of DA...

here is my run off video.. the guy i raced was a freakin pro stock racer.. You can totally see him jump.. but i was pulling him on the top end :)

mvi_0104.avi videos from friends & fun videos on webshots

Great runs Mike, the guy in the Chevelle is just a regular bracket runner that runs some divisional meets once in a while, first time i think he was out this season. Lets see if Pinks comes back out here again next year!

Great runs Mike, the guy in the Chevelle is just a regular bracket runner that runs some divisional meets once in a while, first time i think he was out this season. Lets see if Pinks comes back out here again next year!

it was a nice Chevelle with the BIG pro stock hood.. Thanks for the plug :) ..

the track was nice.. the only thing i had a problem with was strip management with one problem.. the guy on the loud speaker stated that everyone could go and sit up top under the shade due to the heat (this was around 1pm).. well Ray and everyone went up there and sat down.. i ran into my friend Dave and he took me up to where they were sitting.. well, we get up there and the event staff security stated that it was VIP only. i stated that the announser stated ANYONE could sit up here. well, we talked our way in and sat down to everyone. There was NO ONE sitting up there, there was TONS of seats open.. anyway, 10 minutes later they came around pushing everyone out due to it being a VIP area..WHAT BS, like i stated.. no one was up there and they pushed everyone out into the sun... they could have handled it a different way.. i will not race there anymore other then if PINKS runs another event there..

Typical LVMS BS I'm afraid! :( Almost a chore to run the weekly points series out there because of it. One event I always make is the big $$$ event over Thanksgiving weekend... 4 days of high $$$ racing, each day is a seperate event. Also open up the new year around the end of January with the same event. You should try to come on up for that one, looks like that beast of yours runs somewhat consistent!:cool:

Typical LVMS BS I'm afraid! :( Almost a chore to run the weekly points series out there because of it. One event I always make is the big $$$ event over Thanksgiving weekend... 4 days of high $$$ racing, each day is a seperate event. Also open up the new year around the end of January with the same event. You should try to come on up for that one, looks like that beast of yours runs somewhat consistent!:cool:

yea, the car is very consistent... PM me the event info you think the GN would have a chance in.. i'm still up in the air about the WCN event, thats on the same weekend of Thanksgiving..