PL file

fleebag

Ok i just installed the aem wb for the powerlogger. i made a small run it looks like my af is all over the place. i "set" it at 10.8

it starts at 25 seconds? not sure why ? lol

all advice welcome

hope i did this correct, i zipped it first?

Attachments

• 2-1-11a.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 48
It looks like the wideband signal is not correct.
How exactly do you have the wideband wired up? What color wires are going where?

Eric

i "think" i tapped into the wire that the alky pac uses.

maybe i should run dedicated wire to 3bar in engine bay?

ok its hooked as:

positive to the same 12v ign source as the pac controller
ground to under dash where black cover screws to:confused:
white wire to #1 on pl block
grey wire open/not used
brown wire to ecm box

why if brown wire is a ground, why does it go to an aluminum ecm box? cause the harness grounds inside?

I would not use the same 12v terminal as the PAC. Also, you might try a different ground (black wire). The wideband reading should not rapidly cycle up and down like that. You could actually ground the black wire to the ECM case also to see if that helps the problem
The white and brown wires are good. The brown in the analog signal ground, and the ECM case is a good ground for that.
If it continues to do that, we may have to check out the wideband unit.

Eric

ypu need to adjust your t
PS ist only went to 4 volts and you WB is not working

:confused: still got issues, i changed the power to by itself and grounded better. i just did a run and wb still all over place, also it seems to run a lil rougher at cruise? once i amin it for a bit the knock gauge slowly creeps to red.

Attachments

• 2811 run1.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 41
Don't go WOT with the wideband like that as the fuel is controlled by it.

Looks like you're going to have to send the WB back to me to check it out. I'll see if it does the same thing here, and if there's a problem I'll send you another one.

In the meantime, you should turn off WB control in the chip by setting param 1 and 2 to 99.

Eric

ok i will check my wiring one more time and go from there. so when i set it to say, 108 should the pw always read 10.8 steady?

The wideband reading should look more like this:

wbsample.JPG

It should be fairly smooth like that.

Eric

is that constant or wot only or both? here is just a cruise reading i did prior to the wot run. i also see my tcc locking at 42mph then unlocking around 52 or so? is that right?

after i just rechecked my wires i went out there and had it idle and the green light on wb was flashing then went solid and sm was still jumping 9 to 13 etc

any other connections i need to check before i send back?

oh, and on the pl i did choose aem inline on dropdown, that is correct for uego?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2811 cruise.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 45
The TCC will unlock if the throttle is heavy enough or you let off the throttle.

I can't think of anything else for the wiring. I've never seen a wideband signal like that so I'll have to check it out.

so i couldnt wait and rewired it again and looked at aem's troubleshooting and the "status" light is blinking 7 times then off then 7 times again and it states that is lower than 10volts, so ...:mad: i look at my sm and its reading 10volts

but.. if once i crank it then volts end up going to around 13v when i drive i would think uego would start working.?

so i guess i got another problem now. i will wait and charge up this brand new redtop junk.

off topic, i bought this redtop and it has been going dead if i dont drive it every cpl days?:confused:

Looks like your getting some type of interference on that wb analog circuit. Is the powerlogger the only thing it's tied too?

Something is drawing power if your battery is going dead that fast.

You can use a test light to check for draw. Remove the negative battery cable. Hook the test light between the battery and cable end. If it lights up, your drawing power. Remove fuses 1 by 1 in a process of elimination. Watch the test light. When you pull the fuse thats drawing the light will go out. From there you have to figure out why that circuit is drawing.

thanks, i will try that. can i use a meter instead since i dont have a light? guess i can make one real quick tho.

the pl i just plugged into ecm then originally i did have the wb tied into the pac 12v but then changed to a dedicated one. even changed the ground as well.

cool, i had time to edit post..

ok yup i got a draining issue. i took off ground and put in a 12v small light and yes it turns on bright.. crap

thx for advice

You could use a meter as well.

Are you feeding the wb signal to anything else besides the pl? Like a gauge or something?

u got pm

also, no only feeding pl.

i did the ground with light thing and i pull all fuses and still on???? wtf lol

Need help... I need to know how to get my PL program to install on my PC. I have tried but not succeed. Please help. I am running windows 7.......