Power loss

You may be right. I need to check for vacuum leaks also. My hoses are old. You know a good place to get the intercooler hoses? Know the vacuum hose sizes? I'm going to install my walbro fuel pump and remove my cat. Don't need emissions. So I can just weld in a piece of straight pipe correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can gut the cat , it's just a ceramic honeycomb material that is pretty brittle . I gutted mine back in 87 with a wood spade bit on a 16" extension and just shook out the pieces ( remove it first ) (y)

Ok. I can do that. Probably not till this weekend though. Long work week.

I got my FP, AFP and Hotwire kit in over the weekend. Also engine pan gasket. I must say taking care of the fuel problem helped a lot. I got some power back but it's not all the way there yet. I have new vacuum hoses and intercooler hoses on the way. I did inspect my exhaust. I have a couple of holes here and there after the cat. Would that make a difference? Where should I check next. I got about 11 psi of boost.

I just went through the same thing with my 87. Fuel pressure was 28 at idle and would jump up a little bit but when boost came in (what little i have) it would fall on its face. So just yesterday i put a 255 in there with the hot wire kit and OMG so much better.

Made a hell of a difference for me. Even start ups are better now. I still have to figure out why I'm only seeing 10 psi though. Maybe I'll take my adjustable wastgate off and try the stocker