Powerlogger drivers

tford

Registered Member
I click on the drivers folder and I get this. Which one is for xp? When I plug in the usb to my laptop it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong? So far nothing is working right with this pos. I'm ready to start a big bonfire.

Attachments

• 0503171907.jpg
    0503171907.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 141
You talking about the amd64 & i386 folders? If not which two. Thanks, tim

Ok so I don't select any of the files shown in the attached picture? The files in the pic are what comes up when I clicked on the drivers folder. I will play around with it today to see if I can get it to work. Thanks

Per our PM's, if the device shows up in the device manager as "USB Serial Port", you need the signed FTDI drivers. If it shows up as "PowerLogger" then you
need the powerlogger drivers.

Check that first.

Bob

I have usb serial port and powerlogger showing up in devices (see attached file). I used the ftd2xx.h file and was able to at least get powerlogger to show up in devices. Was I supposed to use the .cat file? Check out my attached pic for what it currently says.

Attachments

• 0505171953.jpg
    0505171953.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 87
interesting that they are both showing up. do they both go away when you unplug the PowerLogger?

Is the PL black or green?

can you connect to the PL from the PLC program? Try unchecking the auto box and setting the port manually on the F3 page.

Bob

When you ask about the color of the powerlogger, are you talking about the chip itself? I'll get back to you on your questions. Thanks

It's the black circuit board. I should have time to answer the other questions today. Thanks guys. Hopefully with everyone's help I can get this thing going.