pt 70 recipe for future car(SEMI LONG)

white88montess

'08 is when she will come
Ok Just To Give You A Little Background Info ....well U See What Im Driving Now........starting College Next Month.........but N E Way.more Than Likely And Hopefully(lord Willing) By This Time Next Year Or The End Of Next Year... I Will Be Financially Set To Purchase My First Gn...... Ok......well.i've Messed Around With My Dad On Sbc's Since I've Been Living Here.......ok Well This Is The Turbo That I Want Some Suggestions On A Good Recipe From Seturbo.com SO JUST BUILD THE LIST AROUND THIS TURBO...THANKS

Turbpt70-1
Pt70-1
10 Second Flat Min Stall 3300 Max Hp 785

I Want It To Be Streetable Not Trying To Run A Whole @$$ Of Boost From The Get Go But I Plan On Starting To Get Parts Asap....so Tell Me All Suporting Mods..like I Know I'll Need Scanning Software Gonna Get More Gauges, Intercooler, Alky Injection, Injectors, Stall, Tranny Work, Etc... And The List Goes On But I Just Want A Nice List.........dont Put Me In The Hole Too Much Though Lol...i Would Just Like A Nice List So I Can Check Off The Stuff As I Go....thanks.......

yea......what would be a good streetable combo...cause i want the 70 cause i know it can get me deep into 10's but.....starting off i wouldnt run that much boost....just a starting point if u dont mind...

Ok Just To Give You A Little Background Info ....well U See What Im Driving Now........starting College Next Month.........but N E Way.more Than Likely And Hopefully(lord Willing) By This Time Next Year Or The End Of Next Year... I Will Be Financially Set To Purchase My First Gn...... Ok......well.i've Messed Around With My Dad On Sbc's Since I've Been Living Here.......ok Well This Is The Turbo That I Want Some Suggestions On A Good Recipe From Seturbo.com SO JUST BUILD THE LIST AROUND THIS TURBO...THANKS

Turbpt70-1
Pt70-1
10 Second Flat Min Stall 3300 Max Hp 785

I Want It To Be Streetable Not Trying To Run A Whole @$$ Of Boost From The Get Go But I Plan On Starting To Get Parts Asap....so Tell Me All Suporting Mods..like I Know I'll Need Scanning Software Gonna Get More Gauges, Intercooler, Alky Injection, Injectors, Stall, Tranny Work, Etc... And The List Goes On But I Just Want A Nice List.........dont Put Me In The Hole Too Much Though Lol...i Would Just Like A Nice List So I Can Check Off The Stuff As I Go....thanks.......

Your going to college? With writing like that? Not to be mean but I read it a few times and still dont understand what you are asking exactly. A little confused. Take your time and ask specific questions. And if you already have the money or will have the money why not by a GN that has this turbo or atleast some supporting mods for this turbo (ie alky, full exhuast, big injectors, built trans, ect ect)

Your going to college? With writing like that? Not to be mean but I read it a few times and still dont understand what you are asking exactly. A little confused. Take your time and ask specific questions. And if you already have the money or will have the money why not by a GN that has this turbo or atleast some supporting mods for this turbo (ie alky, full exhuast, big injectors, built trans, ect ect)

im asking...basically what are the minimal supporting mods for this turbo and im not getting graded on a forum so keep your criticism......

Here are a couple things you will need to support this turbo:
- Walbro intank/Double Pumper or better yet external pump with wiring upgrade
- front mount intercooler, stock location cores are too small to support the max rating on this unit.
- min 72lbs injectors but I would consider 83s
- 3 or 3.5 inch down pipe
- MAF Translator, Pro or after market efi. You could use the stock MAF but it would be a restriction
- 34-3600 stall converter I like PTC (PM dusty bradford for the hook up)

I would consider establishing a relationship with a vendor and have them project manage this undertaking. Cal Hartline, Jack Cotton or Mike Licht and many others could help you through this process.

Get the car first, and make sure the thing runs fine before you mod it, then start modding it here and there. Also we grade here, if you cant type and put things into sentences and paraphrasing, well then you'll get a lot of confused members here ;)

-Adam

Better start working on an engine build up while your at it. I can guarantee the factory main caps wont handle that kind of power. You need to consult with one of the board members/vendors who can walk you through an engine build or it is going to be one short ride.

Get the car first, and make sure the thing runs fine before you mod it, then start modding it here and there. Also we grade here, if you cant type and put things into sentences and paraphrasing, well then you'll get a lot of confused members here ;)

-Adam

ANYWAY!........i just wanted to know what the supporting mods were is all

I hope you know it's gonna cost you around $25k or more to go 10 flat.

Roll cage
Stronger Posi, Axle's
Transmission
Steel Main Caps, or Girdle
Alum. Heads
Turbo
Down Pipe
Exhaust
Intercooler
Wheels/Tires
Crank
Pistons
Rods
Engine Management System
Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc. Plus the cost of the car.

I hope you know it's gonna cost you around $25k or more to go 10 flat.

Roll cage
Stronger Posi, Axle's
Transmission
Steel Main Caps, or Girdle
Alum. Heads
Turbo
Down Pipe
Exhaust
Intercooler
Wheels/Tires
Crank
Pistons
Rods
Engine Management System
Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc.Etc. Plus the cost of the car.

im aware....i want it to be there though when i want to get that far.....so its all good

Then buy an already 10 sec car! I know i would, buy a car that goes the speed for less the price!

And yes, it'll be a LOT of money to do it, and a lot of learning. These cars arent like SBCs or BBCs, the combo has to be right and you gotta know what you're doing with it all.

Why dont you look at a 10 second consistent cars combo, and go off that? :confused:

-Adam

Why would u start buying parts for a car you don't own yet? But anyways if your going to school why would you want the financial struggle of building a car this fast and the maintenance cost involved with it. If I was you I would get a GN first then just put the basic mods on it such as a scanmaster, do the spring cleaning, walbro pump w/hotwire kit, chip, and an exhaust. Basically get the car running perfect first then start your modding. Oh and something else...DO ALOT OF RESEARCH.

A young buick brother with a dream asks a couple questions and gets a free case of hateraide. We were all young once and wanted to rule the world.
Heck I got about 60K into building a 7 second GN before reality kicked my *&^.

Attachments

• haterade1yv.gif
    haterade1yv.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 114
Well I do have about 700 shares into Hateraide Corporation! :D Great comment John Wilde, really made me laugh!

I guess it kinda like the same question over and over, just like 'what kind of bov should i get?' or 'will a manual trans be faster??'

It comes down to looking for a 10 sec recipe. Either way, i hope things do come out good for him, as for getting a TR next year.

Buy used parts.

Lots of TE45a's running around. Try to get one of those on the cheap. 67mm good for 130 mph in the 1/4.

60# mototron injectors

210/210 or so cam (stay small)

ported iron heads should be fine

downpipe

good stock location intercooler or front mount.

weight reductions and chassis setup to get it to hook

Search on TE45a and check out poeple's signatures
- thats what I like doing to find info about a certain part that ppl ar running and how fast they go