Pulling the body off the frame.

It is off!

Attachments

• 1420164836900.jpg
    1420164836900.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 215
Hi Steve, this is Harry....learning how to navigate the site. Awesome pics. Awesome tech. Exciting times.

Nice. I would love to do a frame cleaning whereby the frame is rewelded, strengthened, blasted and painted. . . . but I am too old and too tired. Props.

Hey! You're using MY excuse! Welcome to the club, Jerryl.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Where did you place the lift arms on the front? Did the gap between the fender and door move at all while lifting?

Where did you place the lift arms on the front? Did the gap between the fender and door move at all while lifting?
On the very edge of the pinch weld of the body. I did not see anything change. I shook the hell out of the body once it was a few inch clear. Its not going anywhere.

Any idea of what the body weighs ? I may try doing this with a chain hoist from the rafters in the garage.

Thanks
Bryan

Any idea of what the body weighs ? I may try doing this with a chain hoist from the rafters in the garage.

Thanks
Bryan

I don't know a specific weight but me and 2 others helped a buddy pull a 78 Cutty body off (all 4 of us are average Joes). Nothing attached to the body (no trunk lid dash and no windows), totally stripped. We picked it up and walked it out of his garage to a flatbed trailer. I don't remember it being excessively heavy.

You will need three 8', 4x4's B. One is cut in half. Engine and tranny are out and everything is disconnected. Start by putting one of the 4' 4x4's on the jack under the center of the body near the front. Jack it up until you have enough room to put one of the full length 4x4's from one side to the other. Lower body down to trap the 4x4 between the body and the frame. Do the same at the back. Have some cinder blocks stacked high enough so that when you get the 4x4's in place you can lift the body high enough to put the 4x4's on top of the cinder blocks and keep the frame detached.