Push Lock Vacuum Fittings

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I have decided to go with push lock fittings coming out of the billet vacuum block. Could someone tell me the sizes for proper line size? The billet block I have now has 3 different size ports. I'm going to have to go with a different block but need proper line sizes. Running out of time to get this car back together before Bowling Green.:biggrin:

Hi,
Oddball size? try 5/32 and 7/32. Most GM stuff is wierd like that. The OReilly guys usually have it available. Good luck with your search.

Cotton sells a kit now to do that you should call him see what he uses if you have to get a new block any way may be worth getting his kit to do it.

Cottons Kit

What does the Cotton kit include? I though I might ask here first but I will be giving them a call tommorow.:cool:

Thanks,

Steve

What does the Cotton kit include? I though I might ask here first but I will be giving them a call tommorow.:cool:

Thanks,

Steve

I'm not sure if the vacuum block and fittings are sold separately or as a whole kit...but call Jack to make sure (413) 789-0531. :wink:

Claude. :smile:

The black tubing is going to be 1/8 or 1/4. Typically the threads are going to be 1/8 npt.

I would suggest you use compression fittings, like the ones on the back of your boost gauge. That way the hose cannot "pop off".. example fuel pressure regulator.

On mine I had drilled out my fuel pressure reg to 1/16 npt, then used a 1/16 npt to -3 male adapter. Then ran -3 braided hose from the FPR to the block. This using SS braided hose. Fittings where nickel from XRP. I used a spacer from Champion and drilled the fittings into it.

3bar MAP, I cut of the ridge on its nipple and installed a compression fitting. Then adapted it to -3 and ran braided hose to it. Cannot be popped off :)

Overkill.. maybe so. The wrong hose pop's off at the end of a pass.. it ruins your day.. and the car can be done for a long time. Look at the brake booster connection.. that fitting is available at Summit.

Many ways this can be done. HTH

Attachments

• TTA engine shot.jpg
    TTA engine shot.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 847
Kit comes complete. Nice stuff though I've yet to install.:redface: I'm curious on how you get the line out of the fitting once installed? Mine even came with 2 additional fittings.

Kit comes complete. Nice stuff though I've yet to install.:redface: I'm curious on how you get the line out of the fitting once installed? Mine even came with 2 additional fittings.

If you look at my pictures (in post #4), you'll see there's a little "ring" around the tubing...Press on it and at the same time, pull on the tubing and there you go!...it'll come out easy! Just push the tubing back in to reinstall...

Claude. :wink:

If you look at my pictures (in post #4), you'll see there's a little "ring" around the tubing...Press on it and at the same time, pull on the tubing and there you go!...it'll come out easy! Just push the tubing back in to reinstall...

Claude. :wink:
Makes sense, thanks.:cool:

Has anybody blown the hoses off of the vacuum block? Mine are so tight they don't need zip ties. I zip tied all of the rest of the connections. Before the zip ties, I blew off the hose at the check valve going to the charcoal canister. Anybody else ever do this?