Put down an LS1 Z with my stock 93 Cobra (GN is down for maintenance)

Okay, I haven't been here for a long time, but it seems to me that people are very quick to get angry when some says something about their favortie car. Don't get me wrong, I like many different cars, but there is a lot of domestic bashing that goes on here. The last time I checked a lot of us are on the same team. With all of the politicians and greenpeace crazies out there we should all stick together before all of our cars become illegal. Don't believe me? It's already starting in California with the SUVs. True, most here probably don't care about SUV's, but what will be next? Divided we will be conquered. So what if someone claims they can beat an LS1, Viper, Corvette, or Space Shuttle? Since when does anyone believe everything they read on this forum or the Internet in general? Jeesh! Yes, I do own a Mustang, but I don't let it bother me when someone calls it slow or a Rustang. Same as when my Mustang buddies talk trash about GM cars. I can't imagine these things bothering people to a point they lose their temper. Next time, just click on the next post....

James

FORD = Fisrt On Race Day....

Hope that makes everyone feel better!:) Bishir, I feel the same way and as you can tell from my user name I don't mind when somebody calls my GN an ugly Brick! I just don't understand why metal-box, lyonsd, GNVAIR, Bob Cosby, stroked347, Terry, and a couple of other Mustang owners take everything said so seriously and why they feel the need to flex their internet muscles:confused: I know damn well what Mustangs are capable of and believe it or not I have posted threads that show how impressed I am by Fords like a thread I started a while back in the lounge when I found out that Chuck Samuel's Pro 5.0 single turbo Stang was the fastest doorslammer with a 6.49 @220mph:eek: I have also stated many times how I think many guys who are interested in Fast Fords should build an older foxbody Stang with an SVO block, FAST system, TH-400, PT-88 turbo, etc. and have themselves the baddest Mustang never made by Ford (the way I see it if I was a Ford guy I would much rather build a single turbo foxbody Stang with all the best parts and have a car that is much faster than an '03 Cobra and just as reliable for a price cheaper than $35K).... What I'm trying to say is that I know plenty about Mustangs and Fords so IMHO all these guys that talk about how they get no respect need to STFU already cause they sound very redundant and it's just getting old!!!! Bottom line is if you don't like bench racing, sh!t talking, and your Mustang not getting the respect you think it deserves please take a deep breath and ignore the person and remember that this is turbobuick.com and NOT www.mustangsandfordsrule.com, cause the constant BS about Fords and Mustangs not getting any respect is a waste of forum space that usually ends in flame wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my .02 whether you like it or not:cool:

Brick i hear what your saying about a fox stange. thats the route i would go too but lots of people like having the newest toy on the block. i too see the defensivness of ford drivers here. go to the corral with a mustange handle and dog out the GN and see how many stange owners jump to its defense.

Okay I own a 5.0 Mustang and I even saw this same post on LS1.com! This I feel isn't BS but a case of a bad driver. I beat a 1999 Vette at the track, and he couldn't drive and burnt out his clutch! He went 14.8, 13.8, 17.1, and then 14.3! He only beat me on the 13.8 run and I had the AOD at the time!

People can make or break a car, my car should be running mid 13s, but I ran the 13.9 a week after begining driving stick! Sounds like this guy couldn't drive very well!

cobra

A crappy driver can make a turd out of anything! Or it could just been a dog! Seems like 2or3% of a car will be wicked fast,95% will be "average",2-3% will be total dogs! I saw a LS1 vette run 9.40's 1/8mile(3.42gear)and my wife's 95 Z-28 ran 9.30's w/2.73 gears and stock except shift kit-vette was auto also. Also outran a 2000 Z-28 at the same track a month or so ago at grudge night-everyone no timed but got a slip. I ran a 9.51 w/a .4xx light(you didn't get a red-first one to end wins)and put about three on him. We ran again and I spun a little and he put 1-1/2 links on me out of the hole but I gained a little through top of first and 1-2 change.
A friend had a 94 Z-28 w/the performance axle(3.23or3.42)and it ran 8.81 in 1/8 w/cat back and airfoil on GSC's-8.30 on 100hp NOS with 2.2 60 ft. All stock it outran every F body it ran except a pretty modded TA(4.10,2800stall,Drag Radials,programmer,headers,cat back,dont remember anymore)and he ran 8.40's in 1/8. He put 6 on us through 1st(fresh blacktop)he even spun a foot or so. We feathered to slow the spin(dang wore out GSC's!)and went a little sideways on 1-2 but pulled within 2-1/2 or 3 links by the end of 1/4(on street).
Point being-on the street anything can happen-driving(good or bad)can make it or break it!!!!!!!!
P.S.- Don't Cobra's have 3.27gear?

As a side note, isn't the fox about 500-600lbs lighter than the f-body? It seems as though 100lbs and 10hp account for about the same ET differences in the quarter. Just something to think about.

I THINK YOUR HEAD IS A LITTLE BIG IF YOU WOULD WOULD LIKE TO COME TO COLUMBUS OHIO AND TRY A ALL STOCK LS1 LONGBLOCK CAR WITH NO POWER ADDER AND A AUTO TRANS.
YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SUCH A BIG HEAD
THE CAR HAS ALL BOLT ON PARTS AND HAS RUN A BEST OF11.94
AT114.00 COME TRY IT!!

wow 114 mph with no power adder, or heads or cam swap? whats your secret? dont tell me your going that fast with just a converter and air lid.

besides for a gn I also own two 93 cobras, took some getting used to but in total stock trim i ran 13.60 with filter, short belt, full exaust, and drag radials. it ran 12.91 at mobil one ford challenge 1999 . Other cobra went 10.30 and the gn is getting there.

off the showroom floor nothing done to it at all with 4000miles on it,it ran13.17@100.93
it is the case of why does it run so good,i couldn't tell you but it ran that 11.94 number at the super chevy show in norwalk ohio with both front tires about 8 inches off the ground with the help of a 3200 stall conv. and mickey 15by10 and i do have a picture of it taken by a man at the track.

all stock ls1 long block
stock trans. with 3200 stall
cold air kit
3.73 rear end gears
flowmaster 3 inch kit
converters hollowed out
rear 02 simulaters
hypertech programer
345 rearwheel horsepower
405ft-lb dynoed at jegs on a mobile dyno

Turborod, you ran 114 mph with 345 rwhp, hhhhmmmm, I say B.S.
No poweradder, stock H/C....... and 405 TQ. hhhmmmmm B.S.

What was your short time on your 11.94 run??????

60 foot was 1.64 with a reaction time of 5.21 anything more you would like to know. also 330 foot 4.75 with a 2
7.49 with a 7 in the 8th,at91.36miles an hour
9.96 , 1000ft
im sorry it was11.94 with a7 my mistake

Nice reaction time, did you subtract that off your real e.t. to come up with your 11 sec. run?

Dude, your h.p. and tq. numbers make zero sense for what you claim. No flame, just fact!

your just madd because your 2 tenths cost you $ 20,000 more.
but like i said i have the time slip and picture to prove it, and your more than welcome when ever your in the ohio area to stop and have a look.
just think of how it will run in the spring with ported heads,a bigger cam and my ati procharger i picked up for 4500.00
that brings me a little closer to your sticker price!!!!but if your ever in the area stop in and have a look ,most people don't believe it until they
see it and hear it run
if you ever talk to someone called 1quick v6 from columbus
he tell you how good it rolls.he has found out on more than 5
times how good it runs.

Turborod, maybe you could prove it at a track next Saturday. Intense is sponsoring a track day at whatever local track you have in Columbus on the 9th. It will mostly be gp's but I'm sure they wouldn't mind another Pontiac.

P.s. you will have to come up with a new personal best to beat a few of the fwd V6 gp's. ;)

Originally posted by turborod
off the showroom floor nothing done to it at all with 4000miles on it,it ran13.17@100.93

That's a pretty low trap speed for such a good ET, especially on street tires. When I ran my Mustang on street tires, I had to go 108mph just to get a 13.1.

Did you lift your foot off the throttle close to the end of the track?