QA1 Coilovers, anyone try them ?

HzEmall Regal

Don't hack your car !!
I have been playing the suspension ping pong show for a few months now, going back and forth and trying to decide what to exactly do and what is a waste of money.

I recently found the coil overs for G-Bodies and am considering them.............

I currently have 16x8 Centerlines on the car, dropped spindles and ST coils all the way around, the previous owner put those little rubber stops to stop the coils from compressing and I have never gotten around to doing anything yet as I have been focusing on other area's of the car.

I thought at Shockwaves, but it would only be for fine tuning the ride stance and I haven't seen or installed a set of bags yet that didn't have some type of leak................so I thought the coil overs might be a option.

Thoughts ?

I have tracked down and found all the upgraded frame supports and bars and will be adding those, going to upgrade the front brakes to bigger and convert the rears to disc, debating on tubular arms up front as well.

Go to www.scandc.com and look at the suspension mods available from Marcus for G body cars. While drop spindles may make your car look great, the drop spindles make the suspension geometry far worse than stock. Drop spindle create more geometry problems than you can imagine.

Talk with Marcus and see the correct method for upgrading the handling/suspension on a G body with correct parts to provide correct suspension geometry for a superb handling car. You can make a G body pull over 1G on a skid pad!

Drop spindles come into play alot in drag racing with your instant center, but it can be easily fixed by changing the angle of the rear control arms with fabricated brackets to raise or lower the mounting point.

I've heard nothing but good things of g-bodies and QA1's. I just recently picked up a front kit myself.