Question Regarding Accel DFI 6.0

xLusi0n

The "manual" states that:

The batch fire spark and fuel ECU incorporates a series of 4 internal peak and hold 4/ 1 drivers and has the ability to run 8 low impedance injectors at full duty cycle for short periods of time.

I'm slightly confused...so if I'm running this on a 4 cylinder (4 injectors)...how does this affect it? Can I then safely run low impedance injectors all the time?

It says it has 4 peak/hold drivers...and then it says it can run 8 of them for short periods of times...

Also, if it has 4 peak/hold drivers...what do I need to run high impedance injectors?

Thanks in advance!

There are only 4 drivers in the gen6 box, each driver can support two injectors at a time. I have never seen a problem of drivers failing on the gen 6 box with low impedance injectors. You will be fine. You need nothing tio run hi impedance injectors, just rememeber the biggest injector i would ever run on a gen 6 is absolute max 72 on the street and 83 race only,

So, if I run just 4 low imped injectors, I should be fine...running 8 could cause failure?

Why do you say not to run 83 only 72 for daily...my plans were to run 850cc (about 83) (either hi or low, depending on availability)...

Thanks.

It wont matter if you run 4 or 8 injectors as each driver will still see 2 injectors connected to it. The dfi can't control the injector well at idle below 1ms pulse width and fuel control will be poor, meaning its going to be PIG rich at idle, but for the track thats fine.

Thanks...I'm glad you brought that up...I have a question, is the "minimum rise time" based on the injector or is it based on the ECM?

I see what you mean by not using 850s, I did some calculation and if I put in 850s, I would have to drop my fuel pressure to 27psi in order to keep the same flow...and at 27psi I wouldn't get good fuel atomization...

So, if the 6.0's limits are ~1.0ms then does it even matter if I get low impedance or high impedance injectors? (in terms of getting lower minimum rise times) Thanks!