Radiator support bushings

DavzGN

I am replacing my radiator and I figured I should replace the 26 year old bushings that hold the radiator. What do people like the rubber or urethane one?

David

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Curious what people think about the urethane as well. I stayed with rubber on my GN, but that's because they were in good shape so they didn't need replacing.

Peter

Curious what people think about the urethane as well. I stayed with rubber on my GN, but that's because they were in good shape so they didn't need replacing.

Peter

X2

I agree with Peter.

When I went to install my new Alradco Radiator I tried installing some polyurethane rad support bushings at the same time. Because they are a different shape than stock...they didn't fit worth a dam. I wasn't up to messing with them so got rid of the poly bushings.
Luckily, my GM ones were in good shape so I just cleaned them up & re-used them.

dave

are you talking about the U shaped cups that hold the radiator from metal-to-metal contact, or the body bushings the core support bolts to? I've never noticed poly radiator locating bushings before. (and if they exist, they sound kinda dumb)

I remember seeing polyurethane bushings on gbodyparts site.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

are you talking about the U shaped cups that hold the radiator from metal-to-metal contact, or the body bushings the core support bolts to? I've never noticed poly radiator locating bushings before. (and if they exist, they sound kinda dumb)

Yup, Earl........these are the top & bottom U shaped cups that hold the radiator in place. They're made by Prothane. Didn't fit worth shit. I couldn't even install the bolts that hold the radiator top plate in place using them. Perhaps if I cut the krap out of them, but I figured why bother?

Dave

Why in the world would you want to locate the radiator more solidly and transmit more NVH into the radiator. I mean, it's a bunch of solder joints... intentionally transmitting buzzing can't be good for longevity (or maybe some foaming of coolant too).

I'd rather used squished heater hose or a fun noodle than polyurethane mounting bushings. LOL