radio harness adapter for 92 to 87 gn

GN&aTY

I have a concert sound in my car now , tring to put a 1992 concert sound unit in my 87 gn , anyone make a harness for the 92 -94 radio to plug into the 87 car harness ? tried radio shack they said no .

GM sells them - not sure of the PN. I used one to put the CD player out of my Ty in my GN. I actually still have the adapter around here somewhere. Lemme know if you can't find one.

Jim

sounds like the exact one i need..lol , puttin radio from the Ty I had in my GN , Thanks

Went to dealer today .. not much help.. and didnt seem interested in helping me with it.

If not, you could just make one. most car audio retailers sell an adapter which has bare wire ends(no connector) for 81-87 gm cars. then all you have to do is go to a scrap yard and snip off the plugs from an 88+ gm radio harness and splice the 2 together. That's what I did, didn't want to cut the harness on the GN..;)

American International and Metra make a factory hardness for the stock radio units. But the color are different, same as aftermarket radios, but there is a wiring instructions that should help you. Looking around 10-15 bucks