Random Questions

Would you consider it SFI or non b4b if you run a throttle body instead of a carb or still the same principle???

Wish i could help, but I have only owned 82/83 turbo regals. I don't know much about the early TCC other than what I have read. The factory manual contains a lot of info on the turbo motor and is worth getting a copy of. I was suprised by how well they cover everything, but I guess they had to, since it was all new to the shop mechanics.

Rich is right on the mark here. The sad thing is most of it is written at a fourth grade reading level. You have to remember when the cars came out you could still earn a living without a HS diploma.:eek: The more technical things have become it requires more education and it wasn't as easy then as it is now. When the manual gets here I'll do my best to post some of the info for everyone but I will also be skirting copyright infringment if I'm not careful.:frown:

Rich is right on the mark here. The sad thing is most of it is written at a fourth grade reading level. You have to remember when the cars came out you could still earn a living without a HS diploma.:eek: The more technical things have become it requires more education and it wasn't as easy then as it is now. When the manual gets here I'll do my best to post some of the info for everyone but I will also be skirting copyright infringment if I'm not careful.:frown:

hey charlie whats your o2 about my above comment?

Well thanks anyways Rich:biggrin: Making a N/A into a factory D/T is a pain in the A:mad:

Yeah, Charlie... I will need some of that copyrighted material:biggrin:

Well if all else fails... B/T sounds much easier to get going, but harder to tune:(

Can the electric choke be removed? I was looking at it, but it looked like some of the linkages are connected to it. The problem is, the waste gate for the "85 turbo is right in the way of the choke and the other two waste gates I have wont fit right... I might just have to find an adjustable one if I can`t take the choke off... I never use a choke anyways... that`s what the gas pedal is for:biggrin:

I thought about that too... using a ford(mustang or...) throttle body, but I think you would need the computer to control it right?

who knows, i would think so unless you buy a kit like an edelbrock or one from jegs and those cost as much as a decent honda civic:eek:

Can the electric choke be removed? I was looking at it, but it looked like some of the linkages are connected to it. The problem is, the waste gate for the "85 turbo is right in the way of the choke and the other two waste gates I have wont fit right... I might just have to find an adjustable one if I can`t take the choke off... I never use a choke anyways... that`s what the gas pedal is for:biggrin:

Believe it or not, its a serious question:biggrin::confused:

I found a throttle body thats why, it may bo for a marquis though.

I don't think you could even come close to adapting it kid.:biggrin:

Yes it can be removed but it will give you issues on a cold start Jase. Leaving it on will help you drive it in the frozen north after all.:smile:

lol

what the hell is a choke?

A.j.

I know right... never even heard of such a device:biggrin:

Well, I finally ponyed up the cash and got the mini-starter... what a massive difference in size and weight:eek: and it has a cool wind to it too. All I have to do is tap the key and its running... I might tie the old one to my bumper and haul ass down a bumpy road:biggrin:... what a huge pain in the A it was:mad:

1001181h.jpg

You should've sent me a note Jase. I could've gotten you a mini starter that was gear reduction for less tha $100 shipped.