raybestos blue plate clutches are losers

WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SO PERSONAL?THEY DO WORK BETTER AND ID LIKE TO SEE YOUR RESULTS IF YOU HAVE THEM.A ROAD TEST AND EXAMINATION IS ALL INEED TO PROVE MY POINT AFTER ALL RAYBESTOS IS NOT BUILDING RACING TRANSMISSIONS,WE ARE.THE CLUTCH IS TOO HARD AND DOESNT HOLD OIL.IT IS A LOSER.IT DOESNT PERFORM PROPERLY IN OUR 2004RS OR 400S.ARGUMENT BASED ON PERSONAL NEED?GET REAL HERE.EVERY TIME I VOICE MY FINDINGS SOMEONE HAS GOT TO POP UP AND CHALLENGE WHAT I HAVE BEEN NICE ENOUGH TO PRESENT TO PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD THRU USE OF MY TIME AND EFFORTS.I AM NOT DOING THIS TO HEAR MYSELF TALK,ONLY TO PRESENT REAL WORLD COMPARISONS FOUND WHILE USING MY TEST EQUIPTMENT ..............MY 4.3 2004R 3.42 ROLLING TEST BED.IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME CALL STEVE GRINER,JOHN KILGORE,MIKES TRANSMISSIONS,ATI ,FB TRANSMISSIONS,SELECT TRANSMISSIONS ,COAN ,ETCETERA KTL.YOU WILL START TO LEARN THAT NO ONE IS TOO HAPPY ABOUT THEM OR HAS FOUND OTHER PRODUCTS THAT WORK BETTER.IF YOU TRY THEM OUT YOULL BE SUPRISED WITH THE RESULTS.ILL SEND YOU THE CLUTCHES AND STEELS FOR FREE.

Me taking it personal? No way. I, as you, was stating what our real world testing has taught us. Just because my opinion is different doesn't mean I should be perceived as arguing. I was clearly stating your methods are subjective. Meaning it was all based on what you felt.
I applaud you presenting your thoughts, it is that they are presented as the ONLY way. You say you don't like how the blues work. That may be fine with your calibration of build, but it isn't with ours. Like I have said many times before, there is more than one way to skin a cat (no response from the PETA crowd please). We understand that and don't go around condemning any one that thinks different than we do. We like to have different philosophies out there. Makes the whole community a better place. But to call the Raybestos blue plates losers and crap is neither correct or responsible.
If there is a noticeable difference, and I truly doubt it is measurable, it is so minute you would be hard pressed to sense it. As far as lasting and use, take a long term test and see which goes further with less problems, that would be a true test.

Mark :D

listen he probably has 10,000 of those stinking blues now he cant get rid of them.i would be blue to.

RAYBESTOS BLUE PLATES ARE LOSERS WITH ANYONES CALIBRATIONS,.LETS SEE THE TEST RESULTS.ALWAYS HEARING LAB TESTS AND NEVER SEE THEM .WHERE ARE THEY .I PRESENTED MINE..

ALL IN THE NAME OF TRUTH.....AND REMEMBER THIS IS WHAT THE BOARDMEMBERSA LOVE.DEBATES AND FACTUAL INFORMATION.

Yep, FACTS. You reported your subjective thoughts, not FACT. We have race th 400's campaigning in the 8's for two years without any problems at all. We have Bruce's daily driver with 120k on it with out any problems at all (120k for Bruce is like 500k on anyone else’s car). Like I said, longevity and reliability are the keys. I have yet to see any unbiased legitimate testing to show anything different. Besides, you are making the claim, you need to substantiate your claims with actually unbiased testing data. At your convenience or course. Mark :D

listen i am sick of hearing about these blues,reds purples etc. in all honesty if you want a transmission to WORK you go to ckperformance. Not these johnny come lately shops that advertise like mad and cant build a tranny if there life depended on it.

And just who is the Johnny come lately trans builder here? And you are right. The thing is, don't bad mouth something you have no true evidence of. If he is in love with the red's thats's cool for him. But to bad mouth just on personal opinion, that is irresponsible. Johnny come lately? You need to do some homework before saying something so vacant. Mark

HEY MARK I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING INTELLIGENT TO SAY.THIS IS FACT...............YOUR NEXT POST WILL BE YOUR 666TH ONE.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.ID LIKE TO SEE THE LAB TEST RESULTS PLEASE.

Here

Start here.

http://www.raybestospowertrain.com/content/products/glossy_pdfs/blue_plate.pdf

Visit the WHOLE site. All they have published are FACTS. not backyard "feeling"
The site will give you all you ever wanted to know about how made and why. Carefully read. It is all there in black and white.
I was involved with this project when it started. have been there all along the way.

PS.
And Jakeshoe... If You should ever refer to me one more time as a "Johnny come lately trans builder" and you will be visiting TBs.com from now on ;)

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

NICEW LINK BUT IF DONT HAVE THE INFO ON THE ALTO RED AND KOLENES THEN HOW DO YOU HAVE DATA TO COMPARE?

Read more through the site. They have the lab and test results there. You just have to navigate it., If not I can post at another date what I have to support the data.

Chris... You silly boy.......;) LOL Gotta love a New Yorker.
What's funny is they think we do not get along, but if it ever came down to it, one NY brother would ALWAYS stand by another NY brother every time.
But, that is a WHOLE nother thread. Someday Chris, we will have to explain it to them :D

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

What you talkin bout Willis? The link works....:D

See my edited post above.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

I thought that when these clutches were originally designed it was for super stock racers in mind. They are supposed to have the ability to have better grab than a standard clutch lining, Gving you the ability to run way lower apply pressures,Reason being that the more pressure the pump must generate the more horsepower you are robbing from the engine. So they would run as little pressure as possible freeing up any horspower being lost in trying generate those pressures.
THe higher the pump pressure the bigger the horspower loss. Same idea why they run thinner oils in race cars. YOu wont find many guys running super stock using 20w-50 and running 80 psi on a 6000 rpm motor.
But what the hell do i know:D
Otto

Ok you 2......Let's settle this debate. Each of you send me a 2004r, no charge ....and I'll beat the sh!t out of each one of 'em for 5,000 miles each. Afterwards I'll send Bruce's tranny to Chris and Chris's tranny to Bruce, and you guys can inspect the condition of the others work! :D Fair enuff???

Seriously, both of you build good stuff. If it weren't for people doing things differently and being creative and competitive....we would ALL be driving FORDS since they were the first vehicle made. Sickens the stomach, huh??

Ed

Dammit!!

Chris and I are both to the heart New Yorkers.

One day you will all understand, this isa the waya wea discussa things! :D:D:D:D

ROFL
Difference of opinions ? Yes.
Brothers down deep? Yes.
Yousa alla gotta knowa whata we tawkin bout. ROFLMAO!

Bruce
WE4