Rear End Upgrade

Cool I would love to see pictures of the ford ends . So if I do the ford ends I don't have to run C Clip eliminators ? Did u stick with the stock gear set ? 3:42?

ford ends are the way to go imop.

i have cclip eliminators right now.

The ford ends require different axles.

Yes keeping the 3.42

i will try and get nick to take some pics of it before install. im going with baer rear disks as well

I ended up going with a Eaton Trutac , 30spline moser axles , Moser C Clip eliminator , and am decideding on if I should go TA cover or just use my reg . Test fitting the eliminators image.jpegimage.jpeg

I had an 8.5 in my car that ran 9.06 with the Ford ends, 33 spline axles, welded axle tubes and a spool. I remember getting a steel cap for the drivers side with ARP studs.

So I ended up getting a TA cover with there stud kit set the BL to .010 24"
Lbs . I also ended up welding the axle tubes aswell :) waiting on my axles to come so I can press these bearings on then my rear should be able to with stand some abuse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Get ahold of Neal. Lou is very specific in what he works on for customers, unless it's a personal project he sticks to intercooled Turbo Regals. Neal is a VERY smart guy.
Yupe, spoke to Lou. He recommended me to go with someone else to get my rear end rebuild. I was super excited hoping to get such a recognizable mechanic to work on my car. Even if it was just for my differential. Its a non buick future LS-turbo 84 hurst/olds. Felt like a total rejection. Trying to build my dream car and got rejected by one of the best. (n)(n)(n)

Yupe, spoke to Lou. He recommended me to go with someone else to get my rear end rebuild. I was super excited hoping to get such a recognizable mechanic to work on my car. Even if it was just for my differential. Its a non buick future LS-turbo 84 hurst/olds. Felt like a total rejection. Trying to build my dream car and got rejected by one of the best. (n)(n)(n)

You shouldn't feel rejected, Lou is just really specialized at and in what he chooses to do anymore. At his age, I would think that his grumpy old ass has earned the privilege to pick and choose what he works on these days.;)

I'm sorry if i can't be all things to all people I don't accept any jobs that I don't feel comfortable with. After discussing this persons goals it's not something I was interested in & didn't intend to hurt any feelings.

I'm sorry if i can't be all things to all people I don't accept any jobs that I don't feel comfortable with. After discussing this persons goals it's not something I was interested in & didn't intend to hurt any feelings.