Recall

Wow, thanks for posting... Haven't seen a letter, what are they providing in return for a whole car? Am I misunderstanding recalling a whole car?

Wow, thanks for posting... Haven't seen a letter, what are they providing in return for a whole car? Am I misunderstanding recalling a whole car?

I would answer but I have no idea what you're talking about. They won't recall the whole car just fix some stuff.

I got a letter last week saying they're going to issue a recall, but they haven't yet.

Yep, got my notice too. I'm the second owner but I bought it from a Buick dealer as a lease turn-in.

I've got about 110,000 miles on mine and there is some very minor leakage from the valve covers......just like I had with my GN.

BTW, I will continue to park mine in the garage.

I got three letters friday. 97 and 2 98's how hot does mobil one have to get to catch fire?:eek:

lol. X2. That's what I run in mine too. My '98 has 190k on it and I don't even see how that's possible. Hell, I've accidentially spilled oil in that area before and driven long distances (even in the summer) without any problems. I bought mine in '05 with 115k miles on it and the valve cover gaskets were already replaced. Along with the tranny and the "cone" for the blower. I'll take it in to get fixed, but I'm seriously not that worried about it..:rolleyes: They said it's likely to happen "under hard braking"... The brakes were never that good in the car to begin with, for it to brake hard enough where oil could come out of the filler neck. :rolleyes: (hence the "Intrigue brake upgrade package" that are so popular on these cars) People must be putting like 8 quarts of oil in these things or something.. lol

I would be more worried about the fuel lines over the supercharger causing a fire. My brother's GTP cracked a fuel line but we realized it before anything happened. Has anyone else had this kind of a problem?

My dad's Regal GS caught fire yesterday and burned the front half of the car up while he was grocery shopping. He'd just pulled in from an hours drive home. It used to just stink real bad sometimes from the oil, i'm surprised it actually caught fire.

I got the letter

Sent it in to get it fixed. They only replace the front valve cover. I was also told the chances of a fire are higher if your one of those people using mid grade or less octane gas because of higher exhaust temps. I bought my car from a private seller. Everyone should eventually get the letter. I got mine in the beginning of the year. Mine was really bad. Sometimes it looked like it already was on fire with the smoke billowing out.

They replaced the front one on my brothers car and then it started to leak worse because they tweaked the valve cover when they pried it off with a screwdriver.