Relocating Vacuum Lines. Deleting Vacuum Block ? Pros ad Cons?

My lines are all run off of the 1" intake spacer. Got rid of any rubber lines under the hood and went with all teflon lines and Racetronix AN fittings. I made up my own version of the PCV with teflon lines and a Racetronix check valve.

Very Nice !!

IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0070.JPG IMG_0069.JPG
My budget version. I gotta get that paint run sanded out !!!

Really not sure how well the breatheri will work yet but it won't put oil in the I air stream. Trying to get my spare budget engine together so I can try some new self mods and work.
I'm wondering if the breather will puke oil?? The breather cost less th,an 10 bucks and fits snug tight on top of the PCV with a small clamp too. Perfect fit.

I though about tapping that egr cover for 2 screws as well. Do you happen to remember what size you managed to fit in there?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I used 10-32 screws. Need to be short or cut off. Only tapped about 1/4 " to 3/8 " deep. My cover is cosmetic shimstock only. The ports are plugged with pipe plugs underneath.

IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0046.JPG

I used 10-32 screws. Need to be short or cut off. Only tapped about 1/4 " to 3/8 " deep. My cover is cosmetic shimstock only. The ports are plugged with pipe plugs underneath.
Got it, thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My lines are all run off of the 1" intake spacer. Got rid of any rubber lines under the hood and went with all teflon lines and Racetronix AN fittings. I made up my own version of the PCV with teflon lines and a Racetronix check valve.

Nice setup does the coil and mount clear the line? What fittings do you have between rail and reg? Doing same thing with Cruz performance rails thank mike

Nice setup does the coil and mount clear the line? What fittings do you have between rail and reg? Doing same thing with Cruz performance rails thank mike

I'm not running a factory coil pack / ignition module. I am running a distributor. What you see there is all that is behind the intake minus the teflon lines to those 3 spots.

If your running Cruz rails you may as well get his coil bracket too. It leaves more room under the coil than the stock mount. Very nice piece.

Not to get off topic but noticed your pcv breather. How do you like it like that? I run mine open air too thru a tube and it works great. Like that though too!

I think your breather looks good too. I tried a couple breathers on the PCV valve and were too tall.
I went to a local power sports business (motorcycles & ATVs) and ordered a filter that pushed directly into the PCV valve grommet.

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

Last edited:
Here's how I did mine. I used the hose fittings from an aluminum vac block I had. I have Champion Heads and Intake so the EGR is blocked off. The vacuum line going to the going to the EGR Valve is blocked off but there so I can pass the visual emissions inspection.

The only downside is having to remove the ignition module to replace the lines. Well worth the clean look in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_6031 2.JPG
    IMG_6031 2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 202
If you're going to use a drilled and tapped plenum spacer you may have issues with your up pipe hitting the hood liner.
Especially if you're running a Precision SLIC which uses a 3" up pipe vs the stock Buick 2 1/2" up Pipe.
I chose the 1/2" spacer thinking that it may clear, unfortunately not!
The solution I found was purchasing an offset 3" x 2 1/2" silicone reducer coupling which connects the up pipe to the throttle body and offers 1/2" drop.
You could also cut the bottom of your up pipe where it connects to the intercooler which would additionally help to reduce the up pipes height.

Attachments

• HPS 3in by 2.5in offset reducer cplg.jpg
    HPS 3in by 2.5in offset reducer cplg.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 62
I have a Precision SLIC, no plenum spacer and the up pipe still rubs slightly on the hood liner.

I have a Precision SLIC, no plenum spacer and the up pipe still rubs slightly on the hood liner.

Same issue here for me and same Precision SLIC.
I've got a couple of suggestions:
1) Have you cut off a small amount of material on the bottom of your up pipe (where it connects to the intercooler)? You can reduce the angle of your up pipe a smidgeon this way. Just gotta find a shop to put a bead roll back on!
2) Another alternative is install an offset 3" x 2.5" Silicone Reducer Cplg connecting top of up pipe to throttle body. This will lower the up pipe's height by 1/2".
3) Last resort is remove the 3" up pipe and install a 2.5" up pipe to gain an additonal 1/4" clearance.

Attachments

• HPS 3in by 2.5in offset reducer cplg.jpg
    HPS 3in by 2.5in offset reducer cplg.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 35
Same issue here for me and same Precision SLIC.
I've got a couple of suggestions:
1) Have you cut off a small amount of material on the bottom of your up pipe (where it connects to the intercooler)? You can reduce the angle of your up pipe a smidgeon this way. Just gotta find a shop to put a bead roll back on!
2) Another alternative is install an offset 3" x 2.5" Silicone Reducer Cplg connecting top of up pipe to throttle body. This will lower the up pipe's height by 1/2".
3) Last resort is remove the 3" up pipe and install a 2.5" up pipe to gain an additonal 1/4" clearance.
I've thought about it but the slight rub doesn't bother me. The only way I knew it was rubbing is the top of the up pipe is slightly polished. I've seen this tell on lots of GN's.