relocating

We are going to be moving south from the northeast in the spring and right now South Carolina is on the top of the list,can anyone tell me where the better places are to move to,what is job market like?taxes?,cost of living?,any input right now will help me make a better choice,north florida is maybe next in line,thanks.
Steve

NC is not that bad.. However there are times i wished i went back to fla.. What do you do?

I grew up here (Raleigh/Durham/RTP) and like the area a lot. (Disclaimer: I don't know if you'll like it as much as me, though)

Why SC (and not NC)?

HTH,
Greg

apperego,where in Fla were you?i do construction work or drive truck,my wife is a paralegal, Greg the only reason i havent looked in NC is that i dont like the helmet law(ya i know kinda dumb reason)i ride a lot.we are looking to get away from the cold and around here the taxes and cost of living are outrageous.thanks guys for input.
Steve

Birmingham is always a good spot, ALOT of opportunities for the self-employed here....wife would have no problem here getting on with a Firm here. Just my 2 cents:)

Originally posted by 311
apperego,where in Fla were you?i do construction work or drive truck,my wife is a paralegal, Greg the only reason i havent looked in NC is that i dont like the helmet law(ya i know kinda dumb reason)i ride a lot.we are looking to get away from the cold and around here the taxes and cost of living are outrageous.thanks guys for input.
Steve

Most of my time was spent in S Fla.. (Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach). I also lived in Clearwater. I would say that if I were to do it again.. I would go to clearwater.. The schools are a hell of allot better, cost of living is lower but it is congested. My brother still lives in Orlando which I like allot but also congested.. Yeah helmet laws I hear you on that.. I used to take my CBRxx to fudruckers in Ft Laud w/helmet off.. then cruise the coast.. which was nice but also the caveat with no helmet law is the lack of a no bug law.. a dragon fly @ 70mph on you face is not too fun. :eek: :eek: and beleive me there are allot of bugs..