Replacing 200r4 with 4l80e

Atl_monte

I was wondering if anyone has swapped their 200r4 to a 4l60e if so were you able to retain the factory shifter?

Title sez 4l80e, actual body has 4l60e
Which are you trying to use?
I had a 700r4 in my car for a long time(20yrs or so) and used the factory shifter/ cable. We used a plate to adapter the rear mount to crossmember and an adapter to get the bell housing to the block. Worked until the thing started rattling so I went back to the 2004r.
I think the 2004r is a better trans than the 700r4 but not just anyone can assemble one that lasts.

I swapped a 400 in mine . I had to switch the shifter plate in the stock shifter . I believe I got mine from g body parts

Title sez 4l80e, actual body has 4l60e
Which are you trying to use?
I had a 700r4 in my car for a long time(20yrs or so) and used the factory shifter/ cable. We used a plate to adapter the rear mount to crossmember and an adapter to get the bell housing to the block. Worked until the thing started rattling so I went back to the 2004r.
I think the 2004r is a better trans than the 700r4 but not just anyone can assemble one that lasts.
well I have a 200r4 in the car now I have a 4l70e trans coupled to a LS2 the reason I didn't drop this setup in a few years ago is because I wanted to retain the functionality of my "lightning rods" so I put a built Lt1 in instead now I have an LS7 as well I had a 700r4 in a Monte Carlo SS a few years ago and hated it swapped it for a 400 so now everyone is telling me to go with a 4l80e

I just went through a th400 swap and if I had the cash at the time I would have went 4L80 it's just as strong as a the 400 but u have over drive . You would need different trans mounts . Shorter drive shaft ,1350yoke , different converter . And a trans controller