Richard Clark Show 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
kirban 2 cents worth

Brian is coming as Santa Claus so he can confuse all the kids as to which major holiday it is....

Kidding Brian I don't know how to post funny little faces.....

You probably liked my line about not pleasing all the people all the time..........

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hey I should have your parts next week they ran them the other day....

In a strange way conflict will increase traffic to this thread so when we have other announcements to make it will be well read.....

Life is too short to bicker over such minor things.........be more concerned this week at avoiding people that sneeze near me.......

Dennis Just don't grab me by my sack full of goodies! :eek: :biggrin:

I missed it last year do to medical issues with my wife. I wished it was 2 weeks later I might have been able to go. I know there will always be conflicting dates. RC is the one kind enough to supply his facility.
I'm sure every one took into consideration of what weekend was what. If this is the best weekend possible or the only one It is what it is.

I don't think anyone involved here said hey lets do it this weekend. I know so & so will not be able to make it. I personally will do my best to make it. If the wife states no way the kids are not missing Halloween then that is the way it will be. I'll take my kids LOL :biggrin:

kirban 2 cents worth

You hit the nail on the head...no one actively sought out that particular weekend it just happened to be the only one that would work for late fall.

Member its a two day event so any local people can attend early Saturday and head back for Halloween or simply attend Sunday.

I think we beat this issue into the ground. Watch for updates

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Never out of ideas its the solutions that are hard to come by

kirban 2 cents worth

the date is what works for the majority of people connected to the event on a national level not simply for NC owners.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis

I have done some searching and i have not seen any polls or threads suggesting that oct 31 is the best date on a national level for this event.

From what i can gather it must certainly be the best date for you and or a certain special guest instead the rest of the national people that will be attending the event.

more 2 cents worth

How can you justify it's the best time nationaly being that there is a buick racing event a weekend proir to the october event and there is another racing event the very next weekend.

SloGn who did you gather info from that this date is the best for Dennis? Clint and Dennis both said earlier in this thread that they are working on dates to get MULTIPLE Big name Buick guests and Don Garlits. This will be a once in a lifetime BUICK event. Clint and Dennis are putting alot of time and work into this. No date is perfect for everyone.

The event last year was within a week or two of several East Coast Buick Events and Clint had a full house.

Pete

SloGn who did you gather info from that this date is the best for Dennis? Clint and Dennis both said earlier in this thread that they are working on dates to get MULTIPLE Big name Buick guests and Don Garlits. This will be a once in a lifetime BUICK event. Clint and Dennis are putting alot of time and work into this. No date is perfect for everyone.

The event last year was within a week or two of several East Coast Buick Events and Clint had a full house.

Pete

WHOA!!! hold up. Clint no longer has anything to do with this event. Clint has backed out due to a phone conversation with Dennis himself. I wish everyone the best of luck however Pete at this time please don't associate my name with this coming event. I got the first event off the ground and running and last yr did virtually all of the leg work to get the vendors in place. Good luck to the efforts given this event unfortunately I will not be able to attend. Thought I was working to make this happen but some things change... WITHOUT notice...

I didn’t get to attend Reynolds last year due to it falling on Halloween. It’s too bad that I’ll have to miss another event this year. To many times and I’m sure I’m not along, we put our hobbies in front of our family. Halloween is not important to me but it is my family and my family is important to me. Poor Planning on the dates. :(

kirban 2 cents worth

My final input on the date for the event:

It almost did not happen this year because we were afraid that their would be bickering over the date. This is not your money being put up but something that Richard Clark has graciousily agreed to do and through ZDDPlus foot the bills for.

Most of you that have been upset about the date reside in NC. I don't see a problem unless Halloween is a 2 day holiday. The event is 100% free. It is not based on needing huge crowds to be successful.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am not going to go into details as to why this date works the best. One reason it has been put off this long is because it almost was decided not to happen at all.

The physical address to the location is:
Autosound 2000
2557 Faucette Lane
Burlington, NC 27217

WHOA!!! hold up. Clint no longer has anything to do with this event. Clint has backed out due to a phone conversation with Dennis himself. I wish everyone the best of luck however Pete at this time please don't associate my name with this coming event. I got the first event off the ground and running and last yr did virtually all of the leg work to get the vendors in place. Good luck to the efforts given this event unfortunately I will not be able to attend. Thought I was working to make this happen but some things change... WITHOUT notice...

what:confused:

kirban 2 cents worth

Most of you that have been upset about the date reside in NC. I don't see a problem unless Halloween is a 2 day holiday. The event is 100% free. It is not based on needing huge crowds to be successful.

I am not going to go into details as to why this date works the best. One reason it has been put off this long is because it almost was decided not to happen at all.

Please understand that Halloween is a problem for people that have children. I am one of those people and I don't want to buy into the image that our Buicks are Grandpa cars and think that I am in the minority on that issue. It may have been a while since you have had to deal with trick-or-treating but it is an early evening event in the Carolinas. Most townships have curfews on Halloween so the idea presented earlier about attending then going trick-or-treating means that one would not be able to attend a whole day at the event.

As far as it only being the residents of North Carolina that are unhappy with the date I think it is more likely that we are the ones that are most vocal about it. But just because we live in NC doesn't mean that we are local to Richard's place. Yes some of us are lucky enough to be able to casually visit Mr. Clark but I am not one of them.

I do have a secret that I must confess. I'm poor. As a member of the less than affluent class of citizens, I cannot afford to attend the national meets. I've never been to BG or Reynolds. I can't afford to waste the money for a motel or even to take the time off of work to go to an out-of-state, multi-day event. That is why I am excited about getting to go to RC's. It is close enough that I can drive, spend the day, and come home. Now I'm having to decide if a four hour round trip for just a half day is worth it. The ones planning on coming from far away probably were not going to do Halloween anyway so why would they complain. The distant ones that are doing Halloween are probably like, "Oh well, I can't go" and they have two other events right there to choose from as well.

Maybe we are spoiled. After all it did start as a GM Turbo-6 group meet. Granted it has taken on a life of it's own and became much larger than our little internet group, but it still has it's roots here so it strikes a pang when we perceive that it's heritage is being ignored. Sort of like Nascar in Tokyo, something just doesn't seem right. After all, even Clint has backed away.

Yes, it's great that Big Daddy Don is going to be there and I would love to meet him but he is not the reason I want to attend. I want to attend because I love these cars and I love my little internet family. I would much rather have a full day of these cars and my friends than a half day of BDD. (Speaking of BDD. What does he have to do with turbo Buicks? I know he is a legend among drag racers but there's not even going to be any track time at this event. :confused: )

That being said and all things all. We really do appreciate the work that it takes to put on an event like this and we thank you but please don't belittle us because we voice our opinions and don't act like because it's a free event, attendance doesn't matter either. The larger the crowd the more money vendors make. The more they make the more they want to be there next time.

Bottom line is, if I make it I make it, if I don't then, oh well. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. If not I will just have to be satisfied with our little monthly GM Turbo-6 meets.

Dennis

I don't recall you being there for a couple of hours back in feb when myself,clint and richard were nailing down the best dates and what was to be on the agenda for the event. The ideas of the learning garage and going back to the track were on the top of the list. The oct 31 date was not even as a possible dates either.

But it seems to me that you have totally changed the events agenda to meet your needs not gm-turbo6's or Richards plans.

kirban 2 cents worth

Lets kill the date issue now as I will not have any further comments about dates or who said what or who wants what etc.

kirbanperformance.com

dnniskirban@yahoo.com

You know, Dennis.. I should stay out of this but I think this is a real d!ck move on you guys part. These guys put a lot of effort into making this event happen last year and now youre coming in on their coat tails and snatching it out from under them. Id be pissed too and I think its messed up you guys pulled this.

Clint, hats off to you dude for not rolling over and taking it.

You know, Dennis.. I should stay out of this but I think this is a real d!ck move on you guys part. These guys put a lot of effort into making this event happen last year and now youre coming in on their coat tails and snatching it out from under them. Id be pissed too and I think its messed up you guys pulled this.

Clint, hats off to you dude for not rolling over and taking it.

+ 1,000

Clint and Everyone else that helped get last years meet going did a fantastic job! The track event, the Dyno's, the vendors, the presentations were all top notch and from the looks of things the event the GM Turbo 6 and Richard started over a year ago is heading down the crapper.

Dennis, with all do respect, this could have been done a lot more diplomatically and everyone could have had their cake and it was possibly that this event could have been even better than the last one (which would be one heck of a feat).

Dennis,

GM TURBO 6 group should plan this event. You already had your show last month. Unless Richard comes into this thread and tells everyone you are the main person in charge then you should back off. There are members of the GM TURBO 6 group that visit Richard in person regularly and I haven't heard (yet) that he made you as the person in total charge. Clint and the other participating GM TURBO 6 members can handle it since they got the event going in the first place. If you want to participate in the show I'm sure you will be welcomed. Come down, set up your booth and make some money selling your parts! Is that too much to ask? :)

Very sorry to hear this. Clint has made EVERYTHING happen in the past!!!

Hopefully this date will be recognized as something unacceptable!!

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.