Running extremely lean at idle and boost??????

diponyou

So just got done getting my car back from nick and it is running completely lean. I mean maxing out my afr gauge lean at almost all rpms.

idle-full lean
any boost- full lean

the only time it doesnt go lean is if I just barely keep my foot on the throttle about 1/3 of the way

It idles like ass and does not seem safe to drive at all

Here is my setup, and all of it is brand new-

dual 255s with hotwire kit from racetronix
120# injectors from racetronix
fuel injector harness with hotwire kit from racetronix
kirban fpr set to 65psi base pressure -few years old

the second pump is activated via hobbs switch at 6psi
Ive swapped pumps and it makes no difference

I reset ecu a few times with absolutely no change.

I have a scanmaster and wideband o2 gauge monitoring my afrs and they both are showing the same symptoms

what am I missing here????? There has to be just something stupid that is wrong, everything is new...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to go double check all grounds and see if there is anything obvious wrong.

turbotweak chip for e85
ecu modded for low-z injectors
plenty of e85 in the tank

I just made sure the ground for the pumps was nice and clean and it was

I even made it so it is running both pumps constantly and no change in the afrs, the only thing that changed was the load on the alternator

wtf????

I can try another 02 I have a known good spare

It is using an ls1 maf with translator

I will swap out o2s and report back with all the readings, should have done that in the first place but i am just a little pissed off and flustered about this.

Thanks for your responses btw

I can try another 02 I have a known good spare

It is using an ls1 maf with translator

I will swap out o2s and report back with all the readings, should have done that in the first place but i am just a little pissed off and flustered about this.

Thanks for your responses btw

no worries bud, im sure nick will be able to figure it out as well :)

Could it be a vacuum leak?

Definitely possible

Currently at idle it read 20lbs of vacuum at idle

I swapped o2 sensors and its still running like ass

Here are my readings on my scanmaster
o2 millivolts bounce between 170-800 at idle
af-06
L8-35
bat 13.1
int-131
bl-121-129
clt-160
ats-143
r- 950-1025
tps-.46-.48
iac-53
cc-168-189

that was after driving around the block and in park. Both fuel pumps running constant. At 5psi-10psi the wideband reads between 16-18(which is pegging the gauge lean)

adjusted iac to 23
tps is now at 43

absolutely no difference
still running like its on 4 cylinders in low rpms
popping and bucking and full lean

o2 mv at idle still fluctuates from 170-800 at idle in park

Sounding more like a faulty wideband, since your narrowband seems to be working normally.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

"All brand new". Does this mean Nick installed these parts?
Have you asked him?
"kirban fpr set to 65psi base pressure -few years old".
Still working at that set psi? Why 65 psi as a base setting? Is the tune set up using the corrected flow numbers? [The 120's at 65 psi, are now 147pph]

Brandon, here are a couple things to check, first the wiring around the alt especially for the fuel pump circuit?

Since you had removed the intake, I had to guess on some of the wiring and where it went? I know the harness grounds are on right, but not sure about the fuel pump circuit you have, and are both pumps working?

You should also be sure the Racetronics injector harness wiring is hooked up as it should as it was wrapped around the booster and a wire or connector could be loose?

Also, since it ran out of fuel here, and I added 10 gallons, be sure you do have adequate fuel supply, like maybe the filter could have received some trash?

Ater I installed the heads and intake it fired up on the first turn, and idled without me doing anything. It sat and idled 10 minutes with the AC on before you arrived yesterday.

Call me if you need help.

Have you asked him?
Still working at that set psi? Why 65 psi as a base setting? Is the tune set up using the corrected flow numbers? [The 120's at 65 psi, are now 147pph]

This is an e-85 car Chuck, and I just replaced the head gaskets.

The intake had been removed, and the car was towed here? :confused:

Have you asked him?

Sorry for the confusion, everything besides the kirban fpr which is a few years old, is new.

Sounding more like a faulty wideband, since your narrowband seems to be working normally.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I considered this for a second, but the running conditions coincide with the wideband readings. When gauge is reading full lean, car runs like dogsh!t.
And as the o2 mv drop on the scanmaster, so does the wideband.

Nick, I double checked all the fuel pump wiring last night but I will go through it one more time for good measure. And I was thinking the same thing about the fuel filter. I will see about swapping that out for a new one if I can pick one up locally.

Check cooler couplings and maf pipe connections?

I will double check all today.

Misfire will cause lean readings on wb. Also want to say when mine was misfiring the stft's were reading +- .05 of the stoich setting so they were not picking up the unburnt air as precise as the wb was. I would check wires and plugs. Can you log any injector parameters?

Misfire will cause lean readings on wb. Also want to say when mine was misfiring the stft's were reading +- .05 of the stoich setting so they were not picking up the unburnt air as precise as the wb was. I would check wires and plugs. Can you log any injector parameters?

brand new moroso ultra40 wires
brand new coil pack
and brand new plugs

But I am definitely not ruling this out as a possibility.

My only way of monitoring things is via scanmaster and my wideband.

Fuel filter is clean an completely unobstructed.
Next I will check the couplers and for any other major vac leaks

Couplers are all fine

Nick thinks it is the ported intake manifold not sealing correctly and I would have to agree with him.

That is the only part besides the new headgaskets that was changed out and he was saying before that it was giving him a hard time.

I am going to see about driving the car back over to Nick's this weekend and letting him just put the old intake on whenever he has the chance.