Sally's GN build

This is the hydro kit and master cylinder that I'm using. I went with a vacuum set-up a couple of years ago when my powermaster was dying but didn't like it. Waste of $500.... This Hydratech kit is very nice but what sucks about it is the master cylinder is ugly, and I like my shit to look nice..... So I went with the Baer polished 1-1/8 master cylinder. I also have Baer disk on all four corners. I got mine from Scott @ GNS. Scott's a great guy and will help you with anything he can.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44185/HYDRATECH+HYDRO+BOOST+CONVERSION+KIT+#7618.html
http://baer.com/Remaster.html
Chris, that master cylinder is outright just beautiful. How long has Bear been making them? I liked my Willwood just fine. Now that I saw Bear's, I want to toss it off a bridge. You have a pic of that set-up in your TR? If so, please share.

Here is my set-up. Show us yours.
IMG_0099.JPG

Chris, that master cylinder is outright just beautiful. How long has Bear been making them? I liked my Willwood just fine. Now that I saw Bear's, I want to toss it off a bridge. You have a pic of that set-up in your TR? If so, please share.

Here is my set-up. Show us yours.View attachment 263465[/QUOTE

Joe, the set up you have is beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing. Baer came out with this in January or February and the 1-1/8 came out in March or April. I went with Baer's because that's all I could find in something that was polished. Never knew that Willwood had a polished MC. The MC that came with my Hydratech kit is from a corvette and it's nothing fancy. Kirban offers it with the Hydratech kit that he sells. 20 years ago it would have been a queen, but now there's so much nice stuff out there. Wouldn't change a thing with your Willwood set-up....

Oh got a few things back.

Had rear seats made to match the fronts, and had the turbo thing put in my new head rests. Also had my center console done in suede.

test fit in the car.

Last edited:
Now this is my take. These seats might look good w/a "cutie" sitting in them, but, IMHO, the seats would probably look better in a limited. Again, that's just my humble opinion. You have to suit your taste, after all it is your vehicle.

Well since Gbody screwed me.

Where can I find a new dash for a GN?
If your dash isn't torn or cracked, I would work with it.

Remove all the trim. Chrome strip, dash trim panel, AC vents, glove box lock. Carefully take some good detergent (Dawn works well) and some Scotch-Brite and softly scrub it down and rinse it with clean water. Air dry it and leave it for a day or 2. Wipe it down with some alcohol and then spray it with a good vinyl spray paint. The stuff sticks pretty good. You don't have to worry much about it chipping or flaking if your not abusive to your interior. For instance, don't let any kids/friends get in and decide to put there feet up on the dash.

Based on your new upholstery, I would go with black. If I changed the color to black then I would probably do all the trim. Doors, back panels etc.......

I talked to Scot at GNS at the GS Nationals and saw his latest dash insert he is working on, you'll want to contact him, has GPS based speedo, looks killer...

Sally,

I apologize for not seeing your e-mails. please give us a call Monday @ (865) 680-4008

If your dash isn't torn or cracked, I would work with it.

Remove all the trim. Chrome strip, dash trim panel, AC vents, glove box lock. Carefully take some good detergent (Dawn works well) and some Scotch-Brite and softly scrub it down and rinse it with clean water. Air dry it and leave it for a day or 2. Wipe it down with some alcohol and then spray it with a good vinyl spray paint. The stuff sticks pretty good. You don't have to worry much about it chipping or flaking if your not abusive to your interior. For instance, don't let any kids/friends get in and decide to put there feet up on the dash.

Based on your new upholstery, I would go with black. If I changed the color to black then I would probably do all the trim. Doors, back panels etc.......

my dash has holes in it from a tach and glue marks on it. So ya I'll need a new one.

Awesome to see this!

After you had called me up and picked my brain about a Buick build a while back. I had wondered if you ever pulled the trigger on buying one. I figured after all my ranting and complaining about my car that you would have ran away from them. I apologize about that! Glad to see that it didnt deter you and things are working out!

Lol didn't think anyone cared.

I got all the interior done, got my new built motor sitting next to the car and the standalone on my work bench.

But bought two more cars and have been messing around with those, always got to play with me toys lol.

Lol didn't think anyone cared.

I got all the interior done, got my new built motor sitting next to the car and the standalone on my work bench.

But bought two more cars and have been messing around with those, always got to play with me toys lol.
Well after your G-Body affair, I thought you were going to bail out on this project. Besides, no one reads magazines anymore, do they?

I don't want your thread to veer off in the wrong direction, But I just want to say, all brand specific Hot-Rodding has it's good and bad experiences with venders/characters. I'm sure you know this by now. Considering this isn't your first or only project.

Setting this aside, post some pics when you get a chance.