Saturday Late Night Street Drags!!

corsair231 said:
Greetings turbo Buick fans. I just got my car back together last week and I hope to make it this week end. I enjoy all of this smack talk and look forward to seeing some strong runs to find out who just talks and who really walks. (There are several local 'tang guys that need to be put in their place as well. :D ) Myself, I could sure use some help in tuning my combo so maybe several of you will let me pick your brains for some good tips. I can only wish for a 10 second streeter right now but with luck I hope for at least some mid 12's. If anybody is coming thru Anson County let me know and maybe we can meet up and convoy to the Rock. Plus, if anyone is interested there is a pretty good Golden Corral on 74 in Rockingham.

I usually come out 218 through Polkton, and then head down 74. Sully was talking about eating in Monroe somewhere, so I may go down 601 to 74 instead. But I'm up for anything!!

K.

princess said:
I will definitely be there whether by myself or with hubby I want to see some serious grudge racing. the video camera is ready to go!. Keith you better run something :p your right, it's a good thing were all friends and know who really talks smack. ;) What time are ya all planning on heading out? are we grilling out?.

If I get the valve spring tools to Steve that Fireturd better show up!!! :mad: Otherwise, I'll just put them back in the tool box... :biggrin:

K.

just got a call, I may be headed back to New Orleans & pick up 2 loads. if this is the case yall will be going without a fast car. :frown: unless you pay me to stay here K., it will only cost you about $5,500 to keep me here. :biggrin:

just got a call, I may be headed back to New Orleans & pick up 2 loads. if this is the case yall will be going without a fast car.

No, there will be other F.A.S.T. cars there.

unless you pay me to stay here K., it will only cost you about $5,500 to keep me here.

Sh!t No, but I might pay that to get you to leave!! :biggrin:

K.

V6 Beast said:
...he has to send his chip halfway across the country to be "adjusted" :biggrin:

You know being the perfectionist that I am... I like having my stuff done right for driving it on the street!! :rolleyes:

K.

TurboIndian said:
well we know Kevin won't be there, at least not with his car.

I was ASSured today that his car would be there!! ;) Sully's gonna be his driver as well... :tongue:

K.

ok lets quit talking this smack ,keith ,steve, thompson :biggrin: cant we all get along ,just kiddin ,if we get my car running this week my car will be there at rockingham ,if not im coming any way :p well see what happens.IF WE TALK SOME MORE SMACK LETS GET IT ON AND OVER WITH .IM ENJOYING THIS SMACK TALK .
THANKSregalwe4 kevin dellinger
have a good night :biggrin: :tongue:

My dear Buick turbo brethren I beseech you that everyone come loaded for horse. We of the Buford clan need to unite for the upcoming hunt on Saturday. We will be outnumbered, but I can assure you that in the words of Maverick (Tom Cruise-Top Gun) it will be a "target rich enviroment". There will be a lot of gunslingers there with 8 cylinders, but have faith, everyone knows that it was not an 8 gun that tamed the west, it was the mighty six shooter .......Why am I preaching from the soap box?, you ask. Well, I was talking to one of my friends today that owns a "Mush"tang and I mentioned that several Buicks were going to the Rock on Sat. He looked puzzled and said that this weekend was the Ford show. I checked it out and sure-nuff, Sat. is the Fast Fords (Isn't that an oxymoron? :D ) day. It is an all Ford event and they're advertising to find the quickest 10.5" tire Fords around. The event is scheduled for daytime hours with the gate opening for everyone else for the late night street drags at 8:00. I'm sure there will probably be a nice crowd that hangs around looking for some late night action. The testosterone will be flowing and the Mudstangs will be giddy from their earlier wins (when it's only Fords racing then a Ford has got to win, right?). I'm sure there will be some mean looks and nasty comments when our hair dryers roll in but we will show them that horses, like dogs, can be taught to roll over and play dead at the sound of a whistle...........Yea, though I walk thru the shadow of the Valley of Dearborn, I will fear no 5.0. For my turbo maketh me.....the baddest mutha in the Valley..... ;)

I have to run to Mobile tonight, but if I get the other 2 loads coming out of Baton Rouge I will not be home untill Sunday. sorry but work must come before play.

well here is the run down from the smack talking Charlotte crowd.

Sully best of a 10.41

Keith best of 11.45 (made more passes last night, than he has made since
I've known him) :eek:

Kevin still scared to race his car, claims he had tow vehicle problems! :rolleyes:

Steve best & only pass of 10.81 broke something in the transmission.

Guess I'll put my 7.75/12.14 down as best ever. Randy did you ever get faster than 13.5.
Not a bad night at all. Track was hooking well although the timers messed up several occasions.

Hate I missed out. It'd be nice if we could get something in the works for Morseville (sp?) or a reschedule of the Farm, for Oct or the 1st of Nov.

TurboIndian said:
Keith best of 11.45 (made more passes last night, than he has made since
I've known him)

Yeah the NCTURBOS sponsored ;), stock motored street car did well for its first time out.

First pass in pure street trim went 12.51 @ 110.08mph w/2.053 60ft., 14-15psi boost.

Second pass we added 26x11.5 ET Streets, race chip, added F.P. & more boost :biggrin: ... 11.457 @ 118.97 w/1.743 60ft., 24-25psi boost.

Third pass we made no changes from the second pass other than I hoped to look at the boost guage this time... 11.494 @ ??? w/1.721 60ft., 24-25psi boost. The car slowed slightly as I over-rev'd 2nd gear buzzing the stock cam to 5625rpm, which it didn't like too well.

All in all we had bunches of fun. We'll look the car over, look at the DS files, and make plans to move closer to the goal of 10.99 for the Reynolds, GA event.

K.

Hey guys, sorry to take so long to post but I've been fairly busy. I had a good time at "The Rock". It was the first time I had the car at the track with any modifications other than an airfilter and a cheap hypertech chip from the late 80's. My prior best had been 14.25 @ 94. I got to make 3 runs. Runs 1 and 2 were very similar with my best being:
R/T- .568
60- 2.164
330- 5.643
1/8- 8.538 @ 84.61
1/4- 13.186 @ 103.25
I think this was pretty good considering it is exactly the way I drive it on the street. I don't think the 60 is too bad. I did this on 245/45/17 street radials at standard pressure and with no traction helpers. Both times I left with 0 boost. I think I may have been helped/hindered by my stock, 215,000 mile converter and trans along with some lag from the 0 boost leave keeping me from breaking loose. I'm still on the learning curve as far as tuning goes though. I had some knock and some timing retard at 19psi. I guess the 3gls. of race gas wasn't enough to get me enough octane. I arrived on empty but no telling how much was left in the tank. Next time I'll visit Lowe's for some toulene. My third run I tried to leave with boost but I was staged with 3 lbs. and I overpowered my brakes. When I tried to stop the spin it stalled. I got it started and left anyway. Run felt good with the cooler air but the timer messed up and I didn't get a slip. I just hate that I lost it next to a mudstang running 12.90's @ 107 that belongs to a guy I know. Over all I was pretty pleased. When I get this thing tuned on good gas, turn up the boost, and maybe get some good tires I'm sure I've got at least a low 12, maybe even a high 11 car. I can't wait to go back to try to find out. Of course in the mean time when I run into my friend and he starts talking smack about this night maybe I can just take his money from him to shut him up. :D Peace Out