Scan master numbers

Daniel Lane

Just turned the switch on for these. Do I need to take then while idling instead?
Af- 03
L8- 00
Bat- 11.1
Int- 128
Bl- 128
Mph- 0
Clt- 89
Ats- 69
R- 0
Tps- .38
Iac- 150
Cc- 0
Nal- 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. In park at idle after driving a bit to it get warmed up good.

Drive around for about 10 minutes until the Clt (coolant) is at least in the 160's then re-post the numbers..

Af - 05
L8 - 35
Bat - 11.0
Int - 125
Bl - 147
Clt - 203
Ats - 141
R - 675
Tps - .40
Iac - 49
Cc - 240 - lot of going up and down here.

Batt low.
Clnt at 203 too high.
BL too high. Pulling fuel. Exhaust leaks?

I know it sounds rookie but how can fix the iac, tow and Bl. I certain it has an exhaust leak. Working on fixing that.

After reading that i have a few things to look at. It seems my alternator could be bad. i also need to adjust the IAC down a little and the TPS needs to be adjusted up which i can do. Any help on what may be causing the CLT to be above normal operating temp? i have narrowed down my BLM's as well. i have a vacuum leak that i believe i found today. Does anyone know where i could exactly what vacuum hoses the grand national takes. I have searched but everybody says to use what the local parts store has. I did that and they didnt work due to size i think. I have the diagram to following all the routing so i'm good there.

Is the fan kicking on? coolant is high, car seems to need a good spring cleaning then check numbers again.. what chip? idle is low also, battery is old, many vacuum leaks..

The fan does kick on. I've done most of the spring cleaning. All that is left is spark plugs, wires, and chasing those leaks. No chip, factory. Battery was only a few hours old when i took these numbers.

The fan does kick on. I've done most of the spring cleaning. All that is left is spark plugs, wires, and chasing those leaks. No chip, factory. Battery was only a few hours old when i took these numbers.

Clogged radiator..Silt in the core tubes, corrosion in the tubes, wrong stat, all contribute to hi H2o temps.
Vac leaks are no help with op temp, either.
Check the alt output w/ a volt meter. Then check at the battery. Should be very little difference.
Check the cable ends. Corrosion will sneak under the cable shell... Look for the "green grunge" in there.
Check the grnd cable. It should be on a bolt, just below the turbo. CLEAN & TITE!

alright, ill flush the radiator with some cleaner. what are the core tubes you speak of? Heater core? ill also replace the thermostat. Ill check the alternator. I know where the ground wire is hooked to, it's on the water pump. Does anyone have the exact instructions on how to replace the entire vacuum line system. I want to do them in high quality silicone but i haven't been able to find the exact sizes and lengths.

alright, ill flush the radiator with some cleaner. what are the core tubes you speak of? Heater core? ill also replace the thermostat. Ill check the alternator. I know where the ground wire is hooked to, it's on the water pump. Does anyone have the exact instructions on how to replace the entire vacuum line system. I want to do them in high quality silicone but i haven't been able to find the exact sizes and lengths.

I was referring to the rad core tubes..Drain the water down, and take a look at the tube ends..White, crusty crap on them??
If the system has been neglected, the heater core won't be much better....
It doesn't go on the wp. It goes under the turbo support bolt.

WHAT???? NO the ground wire is NOT hooked on the water pump. The main ground as was said above runs from the battery negative terminal to a bolt at the bottom of the turbo support bracket. No way it should be on the water pump. Post pics please.
The core tubes are the radiator core tubes. They clog over time.

c4e11f99cf9fe56dfbcea36910815089.jpg
tried to post a video but it wouldn't allow me. That's the black ground wire hooked straight to the pump.
da546c3a6510f01891a83d9f3ced2c2e.jpg
also would like to know what this is? Comes over from underneath the throttle body. I know it's vacuum related. All the other issues should be fixed tomorrow.

86 Grand National, Hotwire kit, glowshift gauges, more asap.