Scanmaster as a gauge

I did some bluetoothing today with ALDLDroid, it is THE solution to dragging the laptop with me all the time.

Today, leaving the laptop at home, I jumped in the car, keyed on, turned on aldldroid with logging enabled, dumped the phone in the cup holder and drove to the pizza store and did the same on the return trip. I did a WOT pull on the way home, got a little knock, so I fired up the laptop after dinner. ALDLDroid had dropboxxed my logs, so they were already in the laptop. Opened up my log and saw all the info (knock was on the shift)

Darn sweet.....

Bob
pizza trip.png

We are shipping out the first of the Syclone/Typhoon units this week. XFI is next.

Thanks guys!!

Bob

I installed the ScanmasterG finally.:rolleyes: I did the updates ie; 2.6 software and PL051s19 reflash. I have an old Powerlogger, from early on. Not sure if it's "black". Will I need to do the CapcitorModForBlackPL? What does that do? I'm connecting fine to my Windows10 non bluetooth laptop via the cable. The ScanmasterG is functioning. I cannot seem to connect the ScanmasterG via bluetooth to my other Windows10 bluetooth laptop with the 2.6 software. It's pairing as HC-06. It's on COM3 outgoing, COM4 incoming. I tried setting the PLC to COM3, no worky. Do I need the ScanmasterG update SCMG_1_0.S19? Is that the reflash you mention in post #292? Is it "field reflashable" now? If so how is it done? The bluetooth laptop will connect via the cable. I want to get this working before I try the ADLDroid app. Got an Android tablet and phone to try out with it. I already use Dropbox so that's cool. Looking forward to have logging from any device I happen to have at the time (mostly the phone!) Thanks for making such a cool new device!

OK, I did the mod to the Powerlogger board. I tried the SCMG_1_0.S19 flash. Pressed Reflash, selected the file and got the command window. I pressed enter and the window closed. I know the file is small so I assume it worked? I closed everything and recycled the key. The ScanmasterG still comes up as HC-06. Am I doing something wrong?

the field fix is going to be a special version of the PowerLogger software, which will let you update the gauge thru the PL. Its not ready yet.

the only other way to update the unit (when bluetooth is not configured) takes a special USB cable.

Most guys (a handful) that have seen this issue have sent the units here for update.

Let me make some more of the USB update cables, and we can mail them around among the group. This will make it easier on you guys until I can get the PL update patch done.

If you are having the HC-06 bluetooth issue, send me a PM and I can start a list.

Bob

Last edited:
My G is all boxed up ready to go out in the morning. Should I send it?

What cable are you referring to? I may have on that would work. Is it a USB with just leads on the end or a special pinout connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What cable are you referring to? I may have on that would work. Is it a USB with just leads on the end or a special pinout connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a specific USB-TTL cable made by FTDI, with some custom interfacing circuitry attached to it (2 resistors and a diode).

Bob

Reflash worked great. I can log to my bluetooth laptop wireless. Next to work out the app. I haven't looked to see if I have internal data logs.

Ok, working on the phone app now. I downloaded the SCMG_BT_001a.zip file and extracted it. There was one file in it, the .adx file. Is there supposed to be one for dashboard? I don't see any other choices in the dashboard folder other than main.json. I put the .adx file in the proper folder and can connect and log. I added my own stuff to the dashboard. So now I have a log of the car on not running. It's in the Dropbox datalog folder which is cool. In the folder are 2 files, one with the .csv extention and one with .xdl. Powerlogger uses a .dat file, how do I read the log in the PLC?

The dashboard does not have any portability, but the adx could use a better default screen. The xdl to dat conversion is a new, experimental tweak in Plc, send me a pm and I'll get you Thorndike.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

For those that are intending to go Xfi, what will the G Xfi do? I enjoy the features but am want to go Xfi next year.