Scanmaster as a gauge

The Scanmaster G for XFI will display all the usual parameters, including the wideband AFR, and knock retard that we are all used to.

It will also act as a wireless comm cable when you want to connect with your laptop.

It will also capture peak knock and leanest AFR during a WOT pull like all the scanmasters.

I am working on the Bluetooth logging to android, and internal logging also. Although most of you guys have the internal logging in the XFI already.

Bob

final testing over the next week or 2. I'm holding the first one in my hand (and typing with the other one...)

Bob

What do I need for a scanmaster g to read boost and wideband afr other than a power logger ? Trying to get my parts list together.

The powerlogger passes the information thru (at high speed) to the Scanmaster. So you need a wideband AFR sensor kit, and a MAP sensor.

How is your car set up ?

Bob

Right now I have no wideband and a factory map sensor. Was thinking of going with a plx wideband and multi gauge but I like the idea of using the scanmaster instead. What would be good parts to go with that work well with the powerloger ? I also don't have that yet either.

I have the PLX, and its ok. The way it wires in is a little chintzy. I liked my Innovate, and the AEM stuff has a good reputation.

Generally, all of the units are pretty good nowadays.

Everything works fine with the PowerLogger.

Bob

I personally prefer the PLX. Not sure about the chintzy part Bob mentioned, maybe he'll clerify. I cannot however recommend Innovate, primarilly because of the problems they seem to exhibit, and the need to recalibrate. Most top brands like PLX and AEM are self calibrating.
If you decide on the PLX, all you need is the SM-AFR which doesn't include a gauge because you'll have your AFR displayed on the Scanmaster G.

I was referring to the power wiring which I think is too thin, and the power connector which does not have a latch.

That said, I have one, and don't plan to replace it. It works just fine.

Bob

The XFI version has all the aux sensor stuff in it, and can display Fuel pressure. The Buick version does not at the moment, but I will be adding that capability to the software this spring.

Bob

All updates are free downloads. The Scanmaster G is easily reflashed from a PC/laptop over Bluetooth.

As a note, the aux analog channels are part of the PowerLogger. There is no way to get fuel pressure to read on the gauge if you are just connected to the ECM ALDL stream.

Bob

How do you reset trouble codes on the scanmaster g, and is the update available yet so it can display fuel pressure ? Thanks