Screw Lexus, Jaguar, etc. What's your most hated commercials? Part Deux!

gnXfan

GNless but Debtfree too!
OK - restarted this as a second thread as the other one got way too long.

Absolutely hate the Lexus one where the guy goes out as it starts to rain and uncovers his convertible classic to cover his new Lexus.:rolleyes:

The Axe Effect.
When did deoderant become "body spray"? Men don't use "body spray". Might as well get out the FDS.

any feminine product endorsement drives me batty. it's fine on like lifetime or whatever, but you see the junk on like comedy central all the time. you don't see ads for jock itch products tromping around on martha stewart reruns, so why do I have to see **** for tampons/fds/maxi pads/etc etc. grrrr.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
The Axe Effect.
When did deoderant become "body spray"? Men don't use "body spray". Might as well get out the FDS.

Yeah but you'd buy a case and hang around elevators if it worked;)

I don't know his name but he is a C&W singer who sings about how tough his Ford F150 pick up is get's on my damn nerves!

I hate that commercial.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He also does those stupid 10 10 220 ads as well!

Originally posted by gnXfan
Yeah but you'd buy a case and hang around elevators if it worked;)

Buy a case? Hell I'd buy stock in it, sit back and wait to get rich!

I'd like to add to the list again:

-The orgasm shampoo for women. It was cool the first time to hear it, but it's gotten obnoxious. If shampoo could really do that to you, every one of you guys would be in the your shower right now testing it out. And again. And again. And again...

-Any ad with Carrot Top in it. Be it long distance commercials, anything else he's done in the past or anything he may do in the future.

Any Chevy commercial with the song "Like a Rock" in it..I HATE THAT SONG,,thanks to those commercials!

three words come to mind.

mazda

zoom zoom

i hope that kid drops dead and that music, christ almighty WTF are they thinking???? i literally have to change the channel, turn the TV off or mute it and read something until their commercials are over.

now that i got that one out of the way lets list some others.

the commercials for the lancer, could they be more annoying?
i dont know about the rest of america but personally i think that kind of singing belongs in the shower so the rest of us are spared from this atrocity. oh and the eclipse commercials.

any and all feminine hygene commericials. as a woman you should know about this stuff and you shouldnt need a reminder every 15 minutes on the TV.

commericials aimed at a particular race.

i find these commercials to be very annoying as i find them to be racist, like the companies have to make a commercial just for black people (mcdonalds flatbread ckicken sandwich comes to mind.) or hispanics. i guess they feel that unless they make commmercials specifically for them not one black person will ever enter a mcdonalds or buy a PT cruiser at their local dodge dealer.

local lawyer commercials. i have an especially deep rooted hatred for these ambulance chasers. trying to get rich off the ignorance of innocent victims just so they can turn a coin at the expense of others all the while claiming they're working JUST FOR YOUand that they have your interests at heart. i guess they think everyone is incredibly stupid.

burgerking commercials. i hate steve harvey, there i said it and i feel better. this man went from being a kind of popular kinda funny person who had his own sitcom to hawking whoppers to ignorant people who will buy them two three or four at a time at the expense of loading themselves up with about 40 grams of fat per burger. good job there steve!

the ford f-150 commercial. i HATE that no talent huge billy goat goatee having SOB and his "thats all i drive" BS lyrics. im tempted to sue ford for driving me a tad farther into sanity under the reason that commercial is so annoying noone can watch as often as they have shown without havingit effect them mentally.
and ford no boundaries commericals. sorry bill ford, im not impressed!!!! i'll stick with my now 18 year old car.

buick and their harley earl commercials. again highly annoying and not only that they unveil a SUV and he claims "ive come back to build you a great car" um thats an SUV!!! and considering their about to go the way of cadillac and focus mainly on a demographic that has one foot in the grave they made a bigger mistake doing that more so than the commercials. their downfall for chasing a dying demographic (literally) will be punishment enough for the commercials.

pontiac commericals. didnt think i'dmention them eh? wrong!
not as annoying as the buick commericals i still find them to be annoying. i like james brown but its wearing thin on me and im not going to forgive GM for such things as the gutless GP 2+2 and not keeping the car RWD. i hope GM wakes up one day and realizes that making better cars will improve their sales and making cars people want more than what they want people to have will help them in the long run more than them relying on stupid commercials and lowering their APR to boost their sales. yes superchargede cars are nice but not when you have to deal with torque steer when you go WOT. frigging tards.

dodge commercials. the hemi commercial especially annoys me. they make the two guys in it look like they are total backwoods rednecks. if thats what they think of the poeple who own the cars they built back then they should be ashamed of themselves. they could have done that commercial better than they did. i guess its that german part of the company wanting to make fun of americans in a not so subtle way.

VW!!!!! my god i cant stand any commercial they come out with. drivers wanted? WTF else would they sell cars to? children? the paralyzed??? passengers? our pets? the dead? people with no drivers license? their latest one for the beetle is really ticking me off. showing a bunch of square crap and then showing the beetle. i dont get it. its just a car people and not a very impressive one at that. although i still think the turbonium commercials were the absolute worst. they make it look like they invented the turbo and are the first car company to use a turbo in a car.

honda commercials. i havent seen the one everyone is talking about with the riced out cars in it but i simply cant stand their commercials. their high and mighty attitude is laughable. yeah they make good grocery getters but they try to make it seem like their grocery getters are performance cars or at least their language leads you to believe that stating HP figures. what they fail to tell you is that the torque figures are always lower than their HP figures and that you have to wind the car up to 7500 RPM to get into the torque curve of the engine. sorry 7500 RPM doesnt sound like an acceptable cruising RPM. they should stick to showing off how much fuel economy their cars get instead, im more impressed by that anyway.

yes the chevy like a rock commercials are annoying and seem to get worse as the years go by. and trying to make the truck look enormous in their commercials isnt fooling anyone, its just annoying. they need to stick figurs and facts, not stupid songs and insipid ploys to get you to believe they make a superior product.

thats enough for now.

Originally posted by MY85pontiac
three words come to mind.

mazda

zoom zoom

i hope that kid drops dead and that music, christ almighty WTF are they thinking???? i literally have to change the channel, turn the TV off or mute it and read something until their commercials are over.

now that i got that one out of the way lets list some others.

the commercials for the lancer, could they be more annoying?
i dont know about the rest of america but personally i think that kind of singing belongs in the shower so the rest of us are spared from this atrocity. oh and the eclipse commercials.

any and all feminine hygene commericials. as a woman you should know about this stuff and you shouldnt need a reminder every 15 minutes on the TV.

commericials aimed at a particular race.

i find these commercials to be very annoying as i find them to be racist, like the companies have to make a commercial just for black people (mcdonalds flatbread ckicken sandwich comes to mind.) or hispanics. i guess they feel that unless they make commmercials specifically for them not one black person will ever enter a mcdonalds or buy a PT cruiser at their local dodge dealer.

local lawyer commercials. i have an especially deep rooted hatred for these ambulance chasers. trying to get rich off the ignorance of innocent victims just so they can turn a coin at the expense of others all the while claiming they're working JUST FOR YOUand that they have your interests at heart. i guess they think everyone is incredibly stupid.

burgerking commercials. i hate steve harvey, there i said it and i feel better. this man went from being a kind of popular kinda funny person who had his own sitcom to hawking whoppers to ignorant people who will buy them two three or four at a time at the expense of loading themselves up with about 40 grams of fat per burger. good job there steve!

the ford f-150 commercial. i HATE that no talent huge billy goat goatee having SOB and his "thats all i drive" BS lyrics. im tempted to sue ford for driving me a tad farther into sanity under the reason that commercial is so annoying noone can watch as often as they have shown without havingit effect them mentally.
and ford no boundaries commericals. sorry bill ford, im not impressed!!!! i'll stick with my now 18 year old car.

buick and their harley earl commercials. again highly annoying and not only that they unveil a SUV and he claims "ive come back to build you a great car" um thats an SUV!!! and considering their about to go the way of cadillac and focus mainly on a demographic that has one foot in the grave they made a bigger mistake doing that more so than the commercials. their downfall for chasing a dying demographic (literally) will be punishment enough for the commercials.

pontiac commericals. didnt think i'dmention them eh? wrong!
not as annoying as the buick commericals i still find them to be annoying. i like james brown but its wearing thin on me and im not going to forgive GM for such things as the gutless GP 2+2 and not keeping the car RWD. i hope GM wakes up one day and realizes that making better cars will improve their sales and making cars people want more than what they want people to have will help them in the long run more than them relying on stupid commercials and lowering their APR to boost their sales. yes superchargede cars are nice but not when you have to deal with torque steer when you go WOT. frigging tards.

dodge commercials. the hemi commercial especially annoys me. they make the two guys in it look like they are total backwoods rednecks. if thats what they think of the poeple who own the cars they built back then they should be ashamed of themselves. they could have done that commercial better than they did. i guess its that german part of the company wanting to make fun of americans in a not so subtle way.

VW!!!!! my god i cant stand any commercial they come out with. drivers wanted? WTF else would they sell cars to? children? the paralyzed??? passengers? our pets? the dead? people with no drivers license? their latest one for the beetle is really ticking me off. showing a bunch of square crap and then showing the beetle. i dont get it. its just a car people and not a very impressive one at that. although i still think the turbonium commercials were the absolute worst. they make it look like they invented the turbo and are the first car company to use a turbo in a car.

honda commercials. i havent seen the one everyone is talking about with the riced out cars in it but i simply cant stand their commercials. their high and mighty attitude is laughable. yeah they make good grocery getters but they try to make it seem like their grocery getters are performance cars or at least their language leads you to believe that stating HP figures. what they fail to tell you is that the torque figures are always lower than their HP figures and that you have to wind the car up to 7500 RPM to get into the torque curve of the engine. sorry 7500 RPM doesnt sound like an acceptable cruising RPM. they should stick to showing off how much fuel economy their cars get instead, im more impressed by that anyway.

yes the chevy like a rock commercials are annoying and seem to get worse as the years go by. and trying to make the truck look enormous in their commercials isnt fooling anyone, its just annoying. they need to stick figurs and facts, not stupid songs and insipid ploys to get you to believe they make a superior product.

thats enough for now.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Do you feel better now?

Thought that one deserved repeating. Glad to see someone even more pent up than I am. ;)

actually i do feel a bit better. just about every commercial out there isnt really so much about selling us a product as much as they are assuming that we are all very stupid. if you really pay attetnion you'll notice about 99% of the commercials will leave you sitting feeling either dumb or engraged because you will have noticed that they treat you like an idiot.

i hate TV.

actually i do feel a bit better. just about every commercial out there isnt really so much about selling us a product as much as they are assuming that we are all very stupid. if you really pay attetnion you'll notice about 99% of the commercials will leave you sitting feeling either dumb or engraged because you will have noticed that they treat you like an idiot.

i hate TV.

absolutely - and you know this is true because the one or two clever ones have you saying outloud, hey this is a good one:D

i like to pay attention to commercials for movies and how they are different on different channels. sometimes so much that the plot looks entirely different.

yes and he had licked the car five inches higher he would have shown himself for what he really isa window licker.

:rolleyes:

its anything but funny. VW's are not that great, its just a car.

I'm impressed with my brothers-in-law 2000 TDI Jetta,,,,it gets 45 miles per gallon. Seems pretty impressive to me.
David shouldn't that be "slow86gn"? Beeotch!!

Any Dell commercial or one with that lamer Dell Dude in it. I'm so sick of seeing Dell commercials.

Originally posted by gnturboray
I'm impressed with my brothers-in-law 2000 TDI Jetta,,,,it gets 45 miles per gallon. Seems pretty impressive to me.
David shouldn't that be "slow86gn"? Beeotch!!

Shouldn't that sig be "off Road" instead?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: