SD2 / Powerlogger Pro 2014 Update - Flexfuel

yeah, sorry about that..

exactly which PLC version are you guys running?

Bob

The one posted on this thread and I reflashed the pl with the s19 44 2.5.0

im experiencing a connection issue with my powerlogger. plc version 2.3.0 pl flash pl043.s19

this first issue has been happening since I started using it. I open up the plc (I have the auto connect box checked but It never has auto connected) so I hit monitor and I get the configuring pop up and it connects. then out of nowhere it exits monitor mode and I have to hit monitor again to get it to connect. some times when it connects in monitor mode it is already recording so I need to hit review then monitor again to get it to stay in monitor mode then it works fine like it is should.

the latest problem now is after I go through all the start up stuff ^^^^ It will be running perfectly fine and then exit monitor mode randomly. the only way to get it to connect again is to unplug the usb and exit plc and restart. it also gives me a beep noise if I try to monitor again without unplugging the usb. I did catch it losing itself in a log tonight

Attachments

• lost connection.dat
    17.6 KB · Views: 139
you may need the ground update for your PL.

is it worse with the engine running?

Bob

if the PL is green, and bought more than a month ago. (or the board rev is PL200R7 or older)

Bob

Ok. I bought it 3 or 4 years ago but the board is black. I'll check the rev# tonight.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How do you tell what rev. it is? This is a pic.

Attachments

• 1405375215757.jpg
    1405375215757.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 227
Do I need to do the grounding update? Well that fix everything that is happening or just a guess and check type of thing

im not really sure whats happening, the black PLs didn't have a grounding problem, but the update might help.

Bob

the grounding update was just adding connections from the USB connector shell to the ground on the PL board. If you want to solder connections on the PL, there is a video linked on here somewhere where I show how to add the grounds. Or you can send the unit here.

Bob

Soldered the usb plug and other connector together and the system hasn't locked up on several extended runs.
I think it's fixed.

the grounding update was just adding connections from the USB connector shell to the ground on the PL board. If you want to solder connections on the PL, there is a video linked on here somewhere where I show how to add the grounds. Or you can send the unit here.

Bob
I did look at the pl and the two cord connectors don't even have a metal shell on mine, so I don't need to do it I believe. so I think that could be eliminated. I posted in the sd2 general discussion with a log I cought.

I did look at the pl and the two cord connectors don't even have a metal shell on mine, so I don't need to do it I believe. so I think that could be eliminated. I posted in the sd2 general discussion with a log I cought.

it might still benefit from additional grounding of the USB connector.

Bob