second trip to track,slowed down......wtf?

i dont care about how much you spent on the wideband its just a number , you still need to tune for what the car likes
im telling you the injectors are opened to flow 40lb hr and at your hp level thats too much fuel
simply put you're shoving 40lb hr of fuel in and i showed you where you should be

now you post you previously ran 12.5 and with 30s (you can be assured they were at or near max delivering 30lbhr per injector)
i gave you the example that 12.5s would need 31lbs per hr per injector
do you see the math yet?
you may be overdoing alky but the facts show unless you have a fuel delivery issue based on injector duty there too much fuel in the motor
dont add timing in until you get the fueling sorted out

oh i looked at run 10
and you dont need overdrive at your trap speed , leave the shifter in D
not sure on your wideband but 02 says rich to me
and i tune based on inj vs hp for mph
simple math
your et mph puts you at around 290hp (assume race weight 3700#)
that hp only needs 24lb hr from each injector
(with what i tune for thats how much fuel you need with alky for a 10.5 AF)

that means two different things right?
Yes. I see what you mean,but I'm still unsure.. Again,your narrow band means nothing. I didn't look at your logs. What did your narrow band read?

so i look at o2 sensor and the wideband or just one when tuning,i thought the 02 isnt as accurate.now my wideband tweek chip will it compensate for the over fueling i have?still a little confused ,where do i start

it was 850s and 780 at top , i can tell you at 24psi a narrowband sensor dives (and with that exhaust wheel its even worse) ... thats rich

yeah im completely new to the tuning,used to throwin parts at it,ready to learn the tune

it was 850s and 780 at top , i can tell you at 24psi a narrowband sensor dives (and with that exhaust wheel its even worse) ... thats rich
I don't know about the 24 lbs or the exhaust wheel,but I do know that the narrow band dives during a run period. I think these numbers qualify as a dive and show just how useless the narrow band is. This is the range I,typically see with my narrow band during a run while my wideband shows a constant 10.8 a/f at 28 lbs of boost on E85.
If you do back to back runs,the narrowband will continue to dive and the wideband will continue to read the same.

yes , try a little less in the A/F target and see where it takes you

i would back the boost down and work it up in small steps

great info,ill tune a bit on the streets,im goin back to the tracks in two weeks,ill update everyone,thanks all

i did check my coil pack and found it tested bad across a set of towers,replaced it then the cci fuse kept blowin so i replaced the ignition module too.got my 6.1 wideband chip and tuned it on streets but well see tomorrow at tracks,what kind of times we get.

Updates....
finally went back to tracks last night,final one of season.i got my mph up a little,but et still crappy.i only got 3 runs.and my plogger only worked on the lasat run.heres my timeslips and one log file.(plx wb).i replaced plugs,coil,ign module.i did a compression check.all cylinders 140 except no.2 was 120.it runs great seems like top end dosnt pull as much as low end.
2012-11-15_14-25-08_253.jpg

Attachments

• 1.003.dat
    215.1 KB · Views: 24
finally went back to tracks last night,final one of season.i got my mph up a little,but et still crappy.i only got 3 runs.and my plogger only worked on the lasat run.heres my timeslips and one log file.(plx wb).i replaced plugs,coil,ign module.i did a compression check.all cylinders 140 except no.2 was 120.it runs great seems like top end dosnt pull as much as low end.View attachment 175094
my goals for now are mid elevens.ive got a 85mm maf coming this week.plans are to have drag radials for next season.im yankin the motor and need advise on what to do to it to get my goals .turbo?heads?cam?

hate to see you chasing your tail.the kb chip had alot of timing in it.throwing parts at the car wont make you faster.the car has meth and sounds rich as others have stated.you dont need to yank the motor to go 11's and as you learn the old stock motor is what you can play with yank it when you hurt it.

the 85mm is overkill for your combo,i went 10's on the stock maf and try to read and educate yourself before buying parts.

hate to see you chasing your tail.the kb chip had alot of timing in it.throwing parts at the car wont make you faster.the car has meth and sounds rich as others have stated.you dont need to yank the motor to go 11's and as you learn the old stock motor is what you can play with yank it when you hurt it.
i have one cylinder lower than the rest by 20,ive got a few oil leaks,and this weird ticking noise when i start it,wasnt really gonna throw much more parts ,unless i find something bad.i did tune it with the wideband chip,i leaned it out a bit,i brought the injector duty cycle down a bit too.from 60-65 to 55.still got same times.you guys really think ill pick up 1.5-2 seconds by leaning out and more timing(tuning)?ive also been told that the turbo is kinda crappy.i dont think itll pick up that much et or mph with better tune.and i do study this website,a minimum of an hour a day!ive got a problem searching and studying all the threads.becoame a real habit.