second trip to track,slowed down......wtf?

greeneyegi

my car originally back in1995 ran a best of 12.59@105.64....1.82 60ft.same motor heads.it ran at 17#with 100 octane mix 91,and a kenne belle chip.and some 9inch wide slicks.
Since then ive put alky,poly body mounts,h/r motor mount{driver}/stock{pass},new trannymount.new hotwire ,walbro fp,new precision wastegate,60lb inj.andchip,plxwideband,scanmaster,powerlogger,mufflers,rjc boost controller,etc
2months ago i ran a best of 13.27@103.73...2.143 6oft.
this weds i ran a best of13.377@99....1.91 60ft
im on 17"street tires 245/40/17.and 24# no knock 91 octane.she runs great pulls harder than these times feel.
heres a pic of best time slip,they all were real close on times ,all were 99mph,except for when i shifted into od(gained about 1 mph)
im goin back in 2 weeks,ive got a new translator and 3.5 maf,and a turbo tweek chip for wideband goin on this weekend.
ill also put some of my powerlogger files here to.
i think the only difference between this and the last trip to the trax was i had the canister over my air kleener on this time(kenny bell ram air)and the spare in the trunk was in this time.
i fiured if i could pull at least 1.9 60" times ide beat the original times from 1995.
im doin something wrong.what is it,any ideas will help.thanks
im not complainin about my times,im havin a blast with this car,i cant imagin it pullin much harder,but times dont lie...

Attachments

• 2012-10-05_13-29-59_536.jpg
    2012-10-05_13-29-59_536.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • 2012-10-05_13-30-09_154.jpg
    2012-10-05_13-30-09_154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • wedsnightdrags.zip
    177.3 KB · Views: 109
at 24psi with stock turbo you should be into the 7s and 88mph 1/8
that cheetah was always slower than stock
bone stock less boost i could get low 12.0s but with 1.6 60
for you should be mid 12s
if everything works in the ignition and fuel delivery that leaves tune
hows the tune? (too rich isnt good for power)
if tune is good ...
how is the ignition system
what plugs and what gap, what do they look like
how is the 02 sensor (any leaded fuel takes a toll on the sensor quickly)

more often than not when i test them i find the stock ign module/coil pack cant get it done up top

oh i looked at run 10
and you dont need overdrive at your trap speed , leave the shifter in D
not sure on your wideband but 02 says rich to me
and i tune based on inj vs hp for mph
simple math
your et mph puts you at around 290hp (assume race weight 3700#)
that hp only needs 24lb hr from each injector
(with what i tune for thats how much fuel you need with alky for a 10.5 AF)

on 65# injectors thats a required duty cycle of 40%

your log shows inj duty at 63% at 4900
for 65@ injectors thats 65x .63 = 40.4lb hr of fuel (per injector)
40lb x 6 injectors = 240lb hr
thats fuel for 480hp
that much fuel at 3700# will support 11.50 at 118 (7.30 @94mph 1/8)

now dont go out and target for 40% inj duty as that will end up too lean because as you pull fuel the car should pickup mph (, if it doesnt pickup or you reach a point it doesnt gain thats it for the boost and timing you are at .... this is what tuning is all about !)

at 12.5 et (109mph 1/4 , 88mph 1/8) the duty at traps should be around 50% ( 31lb/hr per injector )

many years ago when i was all stock going after an 11second slip with that cool KB cannister , i picked up 3mph taking it off and throwing it in the trunk

and that cheeta stage 3 isnt helping , its just a large compressor wheel and comp cover with the stock turbine , my buddy had one from back in the early 90s and it slowed him down, was a dog to spool on D5 converter , convinced him to go back to stock and he went much faster

I agree with the above. That turbo is definitely slower unless you leave under a lot of boost and hook. It has a .82 ex housing which will make it lazy. Id throw a stock .63 garrett ex housing on if it were me. It will spool about 3 times as fast.

i thoght tuning to wideband ,not o2,the wideband is running at 10.8 already isnt that perfect?

i thoght tuning to wideband ,not o2,the wideband is running at 10.8 already isnt that perfect?
Perhaps the 10.8 that you see is the result of a lot of gasoline and a small amount of methanol. You could hit that same number by injecting less gasoline and injecting more methanol. Before you started spraying meth,did you first get all you could get from just gasoline?

no i didnt,i should start backing the alky down to see what the wideband does.if i do it should start going higher counts on the wideband?

this turbo pushed the car 12.59 with 17# no alky,it theoretically, should do at least that et ,right?

no i didnt,i should start backing the alky down to see what the wideband does.if i do it should start going higher counts on the wideband?
Turn the alcohol off and turn the boost down to 17 lbs. Get all you can from that,then turn the alky on and start at a very low number. Then inch up on the boost.

it was 100 octane,it had 30#inijectors ...i have 60# and turbo tweek chip now.can i turn it down that low?

i got that my turbo isnt up to snuff,from your post pacecarta,and you stated my o2 was rich,but my wideband is fine,that part i didnt understand,i spent 250$ in the wideband and find out im supposed to look at the o2?

it was 100 octane,it had 30#inijectors ...i have 60# and turbo tweek chip now.can i turn it down that low?
Yes. Lower the boost to 17 if you are using 93. Lower wot timing to 17 degrees in third and 19 in first and second. Lean out the fuel until your mph maxes out. Then you know what to do. Do a little at a time. It'll run a lot better.

i get the math,i just need to start over at a baseline then start tuning again.i need to know where to start at,i figure my chip is burned for 20-24 #and 19deg timing.is it good to start their or lower like ttype6 states,this info is great there is a lot of interesting ideas going through my head.

i got that my turbo isnt up to snuff,from your post pacecarta,and you stated my o2 was rich,but my wideband is fine,that part i didnt understand,i spent 250$ in the wideband and find out im supposed to look at the o2?
Your wideband is an O2 sensor. I'm sure he was talking about you wideband O2 sensor. Pay no attention to your narrow band O2 sensor. It means nothing.

oh i looked at run 10
and you dont need overdrive at your trap speed , leave the shifter in D
not sure on your wideband but 02 says rich to me
and i tune based on inj vs hp for mph
simple math
your et mph puts you at around 290hp (assume race weight 3700#)
that hp only needs 24lb hr from each injector
(with what i tune for thats how much fuel you need with alky for a 10.5 AF)

that means two different things right?