Secondary Fuel System

Sinister CO

Many moons ago, I had Conley build an engine for me. As part of that build, I received a external fuel pump with some hose, fittings and a pressure switch. There was a one page diagram that showed at a very high level how that system should be installed. My assumption is that I tie into the oil pressure for the switch which makes sense. Snake the hose down to the frame and back to wherever the pump ends up being mounted and then on to the filter and tank. This is the biggest question mark for me. How to add a pickup in the tank? There was nothing included for that portion but the sheet shows a copper tube I believe it is. Would I drill a hole in the tank and solder in a solid pickup tube? Is this just a waste of time nowadays and there are better options out there? It's been a few years since I've even thought about it and my car has been sitting that whole time. Now it looks like it needs a new fuel pump and I'm wondering if I should stick with another Walbro and add this external pump or go a different route. I'm running 60# injectors if that helps. I had reached out to Conley about this when I first got it but never got a response. This was right as they were closing down so you know how that goes. Thanks.

External pumps like you have were pusher pumps before the mega pumps became available. External or internal the technology is better now. For a car with 60lb injectors a good internal pump will be more than enough. Dependent on the fuel type you plan to run will be the basis of the choice of pump. If you are going to spray alky, a standard Walbro 255lph should be fine. E85 needs more pump and must be alcohol compatible. You should probably just email Racetronix or Turbotweak and see what they say.

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks John! I will give them a call. Maybe I'll try Turbotweak since my last one was a Walbro and didn't last all that long. I do have meth injection but I run a 50\50 mix mostly for detonation suppression.