SELL me a Transmission!!!!!

PhatGN

The time has come for a trans after 3 or 4 rebuilds this one is toast.
I am looking for something that will handle 700+ftlbs, still retain lock up, and fully automatic shifting. More than likely going to put a brake in this one as well.
SOOO vendors fellow tb'ers, sell me one, tell me who or where and what you got and let me know who you have had the best experience with. Brag as much as you want and tell me why, and what kind of warranty you got or offer

thanks

My dad kept getting his rebuilt then finally went with a Brain Hofer transmission with a transbrake installed. Said he never had another issue. I haven't put one in mine yet, but most likely that is who I will go with.

All the vendors here do great work. I personally have transmissions from each of them with the exception of one and would not hesitate to buy from him either...

I would call each one first and see which one your personality matches up with best. That goes along ways too:wink:

Chris just got back from vacation so you might want to give him your first call. He really know's the 2004r and how to make it work.

The time has come for a trans after 3 or 4 rebuilds this one is toast.
I am looking for something that will handle 700+ftlbs, still retain lock up, and fully automatic shifting. More than likely going to put a brake in this one as well.
SOOO vendors fellow tb'ers, sell me one, tell me who or where and what you got and let me know who you have had the best experience with. Brag as much as you want and tell me why, and what kind of warranty you got or offer

thanks

Give me a call anytime, I will be more than happy to discuss a build for your application.

Dave

I called a few places recently to get a tranny done. I felt most comfortable with Lonnie from Xtreme Automatics and Dave Husek. Dave was really helpful and very honest.

Neither will sell you something you don't need, which other vendors immediately tried to do when I called them.

My dad kept getting his rebuilt then finally went with a Brain Hofer transmission with a transbrake installed. Said he never had another issue. I haven't put one in mine yet, but most likely that is who I will go with.

Tell Dad thanks for the vote of confidence.:cool::redface:

PhatGN,
Do you know James Kiddy? I believe he is in your area. He is putting down some great #`s.
Anyways...
700 ft lbs is no big deal for a properly built 200. The lock up issue is the worst part about what you are looking to do. But, 9 second E.T`s with a 2004R are not difficult to achieve. We do transbrakes in these units 99% of the time.
Look up John Plog. (username johnplogii) Ran low 10`s OVER 600 passes and nearly 4 seasons before a rear end failure blasted the spag in the trans. He is now running 9.7 to 9.8. Just a billet drum and input in that trans. Some local customers in the 9`s. A couple in NJ. Others with 1.3x sixty foots off the brake. I do not claim to have the most units in the 9`s. But, I bet they will do it more times.
Just like Shane pointed out. Any (almost) of the vendors here I would trust in the 9-10 second cars.
For a lock up unit, you are going to need a billet drum, input, OD ring gear and OD planet. Not gonna be cheap, but will be a reliable unit.

Just aside note. We do not build the unit in different stages. So, there is no stage 1, 2, or 3. Most of the billet units are set up for low 10`s, but many have gone quicker. Special request units are done to be good to mid 9`s.

Another side note. The/we vendors will all have issues from time to time. That is the name of the game with these units at times. It has been my experience that when building a "known good core" out of a running car... you have the best results. I have bought tons of cores with unknown histories. Many work awesome. A handful have had weird calibration issues, or some "hidden butchery" performed by a no name corner trans shop. So we all will have a strange unexplained issue form time to time. But, if the valvebody is unhacked, you should be good to go 99.9% of the time.

Give any of us a little more info on your combo, and we can pin it down.

Brian

There is your guy right above my post ! I have one of Brians trannys in my car for several years now. Right off the pallet and until right this second NO PROBLEMS at all !!!! First time off the trans brake at 14lbs and it didn't even flinch the tranny at all, Now the front tires were a diffrent story as they were all up in the air !!!!!!!!!! I have friends running donnies trannys, and pts trannys and do great but after having this one from Brian he will be the only one I deal with from now on for a 200r4 , plus he is willing to stop and help you with any questions you have , just a great guy as well as a heck of a tranny builder. Good luck and I hope you get a good one from whoever you get it from! [ go with Brian and you won't have a problem :] } Daniel
PS here is a break down on my tranny AND Brian gave me a year warrenty on it not that I needed it !!

First, this is a solid bottom 10, high 9 sec capable street/strip trans.
Billet drum and input shaft, fully rollerized gear train, front pump and output shaft, custom servo, and trans brake (stage right type, but quicker, and better releasing). This is a lock up trans and has an upgraded TCC switch and new pressure switches.
The unit also has 555 and 400 boost valves, rev kit, Alto wide red band, billet anchor pin, and extra clutches throughout. The pan also has a drainplug, and baffle for fluid control.