Setup Criticism

Fix the stock ones and keep an eye on the board as well as evilbay for a set of postons headers. That's the only option on headers out there if you're lucky enough to find some.

its my pleasure to help. Don't hesitate to call if you need. thats open to anyone on the board. also i forgot to pm you about the crank sensor. just give it a good cleaning and make sure you got a good clearance between the reluctor ring and the sensor. Also as far as the cam sensor give it a good cleaning and inspect it for cracks or anything broken.

Project hot air

Heads were picked up yesterday,new comp 980 installed as well. Gaskets are FELPRO 1000. arrived as well..Im going with ARP bolts--Also still need alky injector..Is there work to do on the mainfold for this or do i install in the intake to turbo tube like this pic shows?

Attachments

• IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0093.jpg
    DSC_0093.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 101
just install it in the adapter or if you want even higher like inside the turbo. the higher up IMPO the better. just makes sure when you install the nozzle that its in the middle and facing towards the front of the car not left or right. There is a ^ inside our intake so it needs to be in the middle so the alky will go to both sides of the intake evenly.

Project hot air

No problem asking..Were basically building similar motors with the Typical parts it appears....Heads were in great shape.Only had 5000 miles on them.I forgot that the turbo,heads and cam,timing chain were replaced and new pistons .030 were installed at 65000 miles....That was 1990.I havent really drover her much since then.Once i wanted the car DETAILED after sitting in a garage all those years ,thats when the car got trashed!!! Had to tear down the motor after having the whole car stripped to bare metal and painted. Anyway I replace the seals,Add the Comp 980 springs and replaced the retainers,And resurfaced the deck..And valve job.The car was taken out on a joy ride and i assumed the heads were trashed? Blown head gasket ? They actually were in great shape..Anyway if you have descent heads like mine were should be around $175 for a valve job,seals and resurfacing..The springs were $45.00 the gaskets were $110.00 with delivery...ARP head bolts $40.00.. Thats what I have in them so far. oh yeah..$6.50 for some 1500 degree paint.

Im keeping the stock pushrods and rockers.(for now)

Attachments

• DSC_0090.jpg
    DSC_0090.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 114
Project HOT AIR

More and more parts arriving and getting installed.:DStill need the alky injection and hot wire and fuel pumps setup.Just ordered the Gbody adjustable regulator Boost suggested.Too bad I have to work,I would have this car done by now.Having alot of things powder coated while im at it. Still looking for headers..I really got a good look at the factory ones today as i was reinstalling them..What a joke..All the pipes dont even flow in any real direction.I really wish i had the welding fabricating tools and experience.These have got to go.

Has anyone just added headers and seen a dramatic difference just by that change?

Attachments

• DSC_0206.jpg
    DSC_0206.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 115
project hot air

Just got the powder coasted parts today,adjustable fuel regulator,led cam sensor and just ordered the 3bar sensor for the 87 ecm conversion and powerlogger with TT chip .Alky kit is on its way!!!

What else would help this hot air out? Planning on new fuel pumps with hot wire setup,dual electric fans.Already installed 160 degree faILSAFE TSTAT

looking for headers and plan on picking up TA33 at BG in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone have an opininon on the porcelain tip plug wires or I was thinking mallory.10.5 spiral core ?

Attachments

• DSC_0333.jpg
    DSC_0333.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 102
Yours is coming out really nice! Hopefully mine will be just as nice when I start haha. What else did you do to the intake? It looks like its a lighter silver now.. Are those new injectors :eek:!

Project hot air

Brent-Your far from done answering my questions:biggrin:

Should receive the scanmaster and 3bar sensor new TT chip and 87ecm by monday.plan on getting most miscellanious items cleaned and installed this weekend..Did a lot more tonight..Shes getting close...

The powder coated parts came out great.Thinking about ceramic coating the turbo.

Really like this regulator.Also got a new laptop ready to go for the setup and recording.

Attachments

• DSC_0368.jpg
    DSC_0368.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0363.jpg
    DSC_0363.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 169
project hot air

I located a guy who has some headers for sale but with a delta gate setup.I did some reasearch and it sounds like a good setup and eliminates the stock elbow restriction.What would be the downside of going this direction?
Its coming along great.Almost there.still need to replace the fan with electric but thats simple enough..:p

Attachments

• DSC_0442.jpg
    DSC_0442.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 153
looking good, so you have the powerlogger on its way as well?

as for the headers with the delta gate, no real downside. just need to see where they put the gate and how its plumbed. im guessing the put the delta gate on the crossover?

Hey all. I am thinking of going with the electric fan conversion if it offers any better cooling than stock. I see that Boost you have it. Is there a kit I can buy?

my fans are ramcharger fans with a caspers harness. problem is ramchargers is no longer in business. you can still get them from gbodyparts

GBodyParts.com Online

caspers makes a fan kit for our car

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

not sure how the wiring come's from brian but, maybe you could have him just sale you the fans and get the wiring from caspers since i know thats the one i have on my car and its designed for it.

Hope this help

project hot air

brent-I did order the powerlogger and 3bar sensor,,also new TT chip to run 87ecm and alky.......

project hot air

Lots of hard work to get my toys...Heres my other Turbo (Super Charged) All aluminum block and heads ....Plan on getting the 85 running tonight then installing the powerlogger and ecm this weekend..........I need headers who do you know with some?

Attachments

• DSC_0211.jpg
    DSC_0211.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 127
ya i work hard :) there was a set of Lee Thompson headers for sale here but im sure they sold already. only thing you can do is keep posting in the wanted section for ATR or Poston headers. or get a custom BWR set made