Show n' Shine at Saddleback Church

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Hey guys,
If you're interested, the next monthly show 'n shine at Saddleback in Lake Forest is this saturday morning. It runs from 8AM-noon.

I'll be there in my 87 GN sportin' my tail pipes and greasy stock engine, so if you show up, you know that yours looks better than mine.:p

They meet in the main office parking lot on Portola Road next to the El Toro intersection.

Thanks!
Tim

Tim:
Thanks for posting, Tim, & thanks for posting the cancellation, I will try and make the next one. Is this cruise/show always on the samwe Saturday of each month, or is it every so many weeks?

Hi, Gary.
It's always the first saturday of each month from 8AM-12PM...barring bad weather....in the front office parking lot on Portola near the corner of El Toro and Portola/Santa Margarita Pkwy. If you come up El Toro from 5, just turn left onto Portola and it's in the first driveway on your right.

It's just like any other informal show environment...just a bunch of guys (and occasionally a few female drivers) getting together and showing their cars off.

The occasional burn out happens as folks leave the parking lot at the end of the show....:D

Free donuts/coffee/water, tech booth, and sometimes voting and prizes. They started a new thing last month where a guy wanders the line up with a mic and pics someone to talk about their car. My buddy, Chuck (also a new 87 GN owner) got to brag about his 11 second 69 Camaro.

Turn outs have varied from 20-75 cars depending on weather and holidays.

Similar to the Fuddruckers or Donut Derilicts show, it's open to all makes, models, types, etc.

I usually take my 68 Camaro, but last month, my 87 GN was the first Turbo Buick I have ever seen at this show in 1.5 years of going to it, so it'd be cool to get some more/better examples in there....or people might think my tail pipes and grungy engine are normal.:biggrin:

It is a church event, so they just ask attendees to "keep the language clean and about the cars" but other than that it's a low pressure environment open to everyone.

Like I said, it's like any other car show you've been to, so for anyone who fears a show held at a church, you absolutely DO NOT need to worry about anyone coming up and trying to "Heal" you, thump you with a bible, lay hands upon you, baptize you with fire, or force you to pray with them :biggrin: .....unless you beg them for it, then all bets are off and a fight might break out while grudge matches are settled over who gets to save you.:wink:

Just kidding about all that.
All I'm saying is....it's a car show....relax...come out...enjoy yourselves....just leave the potty mouth at home, or bring your favorite bar of soap to chew on during time out. For those with no self control and who need a small strip of duct tape for the lips...I'll bring a roll.

:biggrin:

Tim

Tim:
I will try and make the next show in Feb, and I cam make arrangements to bring the duct tape & a bar of soap. J/K, I can actually curtail that activity when necessary. I consider church grounds sacred, car show or not. thanks for the info.

If the weather forecast holds, Saturday should be a good day for the monthly car show that happens first Sat of every month at Saddleback.:biggrin:

I'll be there but have not decided to drive the GN or the Camaro.:cool:

Anyway...hope to see some of you there, but I know a few will be at Bakersfield if that event is still on.
Show goes from 8AM-noon.

Tim

hope it doese't rain!!!!

I hear ya!
I was driving home tonight on Santiago Canyon Road in my 68 Camaro and had to use my wipers cuz the water started falling.
I growled at the sky:mad: ....the water stopped falling:cool:

Forecast shows tomorrow as being partly cloudy like it was today....rain comes on Sunday. Hopefully that won't change.

See you guys there tomorrow!!!

Well...I feel stood up, man!:confused:
Like the ugly kid trying to get a prom date.:rolleyes:
No Turbo Buicks showed up today!:mad:
Good thing I drove my 68 Camaro.:cool:

I know, I know....next time.:rolleyes:

We'll here's some pix from todays show.:D

Attachments

• P2020262-2.jpg
    P2020262-2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 277
  • P2020263-1.jpg
    P2020263-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 282
  • P2020264-1.jpg
    P2020264-1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 269
  • P2020265-1.jpg
    P2020265-1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 273
  • P2020266-1.jpg
    P2020266-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 273
A few more pix

Here's the scoop on the Camaro's in these pix in case you ever come across them.
Mine (Light blue 68 with white hood)....never been ET'd but should be an easy low 11.
The Yellow and black 69...low 11's on the bottle.
The red and white 73....high 11's on the bottle
The blue and whit 69....stock 350....might break a low 15 on a good day
The maroon 69....mid 10's...all big block nuts n bolts.

Attachments

• P2020267-1.jpg
    P2020267-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 269
  • P2020268-1.jpg
    P2020268-1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 261
Oops, my bad, Tim, too cold this am & looked like rain over here, but cleared up a little later. See you at the pizza shop hopefully.

Nice looking cars. I'll have to go when I get my car back together. Thanks for the pics.

Mike

Yes, Tim, forgot to mention, thanks for posting the pics, looks like lots of fun. Maybe next time.

I hope so, cuz this show absolutely needs some nice Turbo Buick representation.

Mine was the first one there a couple months back, so like I said, you guys don't want this crowd thinking my fancy tail pipes, and grungy engine are normal...and now I have one shiney new driver side header thanks to Lou's repair and paint job a couple weeks back......the car now pulls to the left since the passenger header is still all rusty.:biggrin:

The next show will be March 1st...next Saturday.

I'll be there, but most likely in my Camaro...the GN probably won't be driveable by next Saturday. I have the Intercooler out right now, cleaning it, and will be installing the 160* thermsotat and new water neck too. I'll be done with that by Saturday but then I'll be changing the valve cover gaskets and don't think I'll have it together for the show...I only get to work on the car an hour here and an hour there, so these small jobs take days to do.

My valve cover gaskets are on order...I'm going with the Felpro permadry gaskets, and am not looking forward to pulling the passenger side.

Tim:
Mike (Spoolfool2) Barnard and I am going to try and make it down this Sat to the show, so you had better bring the GN. See you there hopefully.
5 south and turn off which direction? on what road?