smoking at idle-bad injector or turbo?

Pull the down pipe off the turbo and see if the edmxhaust turbine in wet.

you MUST rev the engine when reviewing. Sounds like oil thru turbo. does it smoke after a hard hit?

FYI - from what I was told if a PTE journal bearing the oil return path and size is critical.

you MUST rev the engine when reviewing. Sounds like oil thru turbo. does it smoke after a hard hit?

FYI - from what I was told if a PTE journal bearing the oil return path and size is critical.
Yes it will smoke when I rev it up, and will smoke when I rev it a bit harder

Just throwing this out there... I know you said you already pulled your downpipe to check for oil but a visual check is not always conclusive. It doesn't take a lot of oil to generate smoke. When my turbo went bad I didn't have any visual oil either but I did have more than .0015" thrust...

Is your oil drain line stock? Does it have a straight shot from the turbo into the block?

Yes it will smoke when I rev it up, and will smoke when I rev it a bit harder

Drop DP again while increasing the rpms. Use a flash light. Once warm with rpm I would assume you’ll see a bit of seepage.

starting a new one now after my findings, so here is a basic rundown of what i have done so far.
compression test 148=150 across the board
leakdown 5-8% leakage
checked for vacuum leaks/exhaust leaks all clean, checked all plenum and intake bolts all tight
fuel press 43psi
pulled downpipe did not see any traces of oil, cold side is clean no oil and shaft play is normal
pulled crossover pipe to inspect if any oil inside, its clean
new denso 02 sensor installed
pcv valve is ok
new plugs installed

so what happens is i start the car no smoke at all,so that tells my seals and guides are ok since there is no puff of smoke at start up like a dripping seal overnight, 5 min after idleing it's a bluish smoke that is so toxic it will kill a man in a matter of minutes!! and i can not nail down if its oil or just dumping fuel from a stuck open injector, as i have read some old threads that raw unburnt fuel "can be blueish smoke" and to not confuse it for oil, also oil changed a few weeks ago, maybe 10 miles on the oil and an hour of idle time and the oil stinks of gas,and spark plugs showing no signs of oil,plugs are very dark like its real rich, any ideas??? i bought the car not too long ago, current chip is 93-alky TT chip #60 injectors, im considering just trying a entire new chip and all new injectors, im about to lose my mind, im running out of things to check!!
Sorry I missed that the oil stinks of gas. Can you or did you tell Eric the injector part number or he supplied them?

starting a new one now after my findings, so here is a basic rundown of what i have done so far.
compression test 148=150 across the board
leakdown 5-8% leakage
checked for vacuum leaks/exhaust leaks all clean, checked all plenum and intake bolts all tight
fuel press 43psi
pulled downpipe did not see any traces of oil, cold side is clean no oil and shaft play is normal
pulled crossover pipe to inspect if any oil inside, its clean
new denso 02 sensor installed
pcv valve is ok
new plugs installed

so what happens is i start the car no smoke at all,so that tells my seals and guides are ok since there is no puff of smoke at start up like a dripping seal overnight, 5 min after idleing it's a bluish smoke that is so toxic it will kill a man in a matter of minutes!! and i can not nail down if its oil or just dumping fuel from a stuck open injector, as i have read some old threads that raw unburnt fuel "can be blueish smoke" and to not confuse it for oil, also oil changed a few weeks ago, maybe 10 miles on the oil and an hour of idle time and the oil stinks of gas,and spark plugs showing no signs of oil,plugs are very dark like its real rich, any ideas??? i bought the car not too long ago, current chip is 93-alky TT chip #60 injectors, im considering just trying a entire new chip and all new injectors, im about to lose my mind, im running out of things to check!!
Sorry I missed that the oil stinks of gas. Can you or did you tell Eric the injector part number or he supplied them?

FYI: Turbo = blow-by = oil smelling like gas and Eric designs his chips to run rich at idle (open loop) to eliminate off idle stumbles.

My engine’s exhaust puts a black mark on the ground if it sits too long [emoji4]

Pulled the plenum today and there is traces of fresh oil in the runners, here are a few pics, not sure if you can pick up on it

Attachments

• 461F425A-D136-4DDC-83A5-2B73C146FD12.jpeg
    461F425A-D136-4DDC-83A5-2B73C146FD12.jpeg
    951.9 KB · Views: 22
  • C79CAE91-085A-4520-9062-74DCB65983A5.jpeg
    C79CAE91-085A-4520-9062-74DCB65983A5.jpeg
    965.5 KB · Views: 22
  • CEEEFDE7-9BE3-4C64-9FED-BC1B0D4782FC.jpeg
    CEEEFDE7-9BE3-4C64-9FED-BC1B0D4782FC.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 23A9C12A-028D-46CF-98C5-7B0A9471C8B7.jpeg
    23A9C12A-028D-46CF-98C5-7B0A9471C8B7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
FYI: Turbo = blow-by = oil smelling like gas and Eric designs his chips to run rich at idle (open loop) to eliminate off idle stumbles.

My engine’s exhaust puts a black mark on the ground if it sits too long [emoji4]
Thanks but I knew that already lol. He said it's been just idling hasn't mentioned wot hits.

I'd relay the part number to him and check what he has to say. There are some fake injectors from China known to run poorly. However they also have a real part number copied onto them.
I’ll check on that, but now with some oil in the intake runners I’m concerned

PCV? If so sucking oil thru it. Plug or catch can...done.
Have already blocked the pcv and still smokes, and now after some reading with the ported irons i have and port matched intake looks like they used the gasket with the valley tray, and seems other people with my issue are useing the fel-pro 1200 gaskets and have solved the smoking problem they had, and this was discovered after checking everything under the sun, and a few have changed turbos 4 times and it still smoked, so now i am really thinking this is my issue with oil in the runners, even checked my up pipe and intercooler again today and they are as dry inside as the day they were installed. frustrated but getting closer i think..

Was the intake manifold modified to block off the EGR valve?

What type of lines are used for the turbo oil feed and oil drain lines?

Do you have a spare set of injectors you can swap in?

Do you have a scope that would allow you to see inside the cylinder?