Some Teaser Mini-Tub Pics.....

A couple of quick questions...

1. Are you putting the external wastegate off the header? Just wondering what the setup looks like if you do, to compare to mine.

2. Are you putting an inline accufab regulator on the champion fuel rail? My setup didn't seem to like it so I converted to an external regulator. Seems like a few have run into issues with that setup on fast cars.

A couple of quick questions...

1. Are you putting the external wastegate off the header? Just wondering what the setup looks like if you do, to compare to mine.

2. Are you putting an inline accufab regulator on the champion fuel rail? My setup didn't seem to like it so I converted to an external regulator. Seems like a few have run into issues with that setup on fast cars.

Actually yes and yes. The downpipe portion is complete with a very smooth transition in the bend as I requested. The Tial WG will come off the header. I will gets pics when it's finished. I will try to get some DP pics today.

Im gonna be opting for a dual fuel (Race/Pump gas) system so the external regulator will be used. I actually bought a new inline accufab reg. that was going on the Champion rail but will dedinately be switching.

Brett, how thick is your frame where it was notched and welded? It doesn't appear to be very thick, which led me to the question of how strong that area really needs to be and what forces are acting on the frame in that area.

If you hooked and lifted the wheels, would all (most) the lifting forces be generated where the 4 rear control arms mount? thus the reinforcing you did in this area...

From the rear axle back, i might guess that the frame is really only holding up the trunk?

Do you have any pics of the car with the tubs installed and the interior installed? can you notice the tub at all in the back seat?

Thanks,
Nate

Brett, how thick is your frame where it was notched and welded? It doesn't appear to be very thick, which led me to the question of how strong that area really needs to be and what forces are acting on the frame in that area.

If you hooked and lifted the wheels, would all (most) the lifting forces be generated where the 4 rear control arms mount? thus the reinforcing you did in this area...

From the rear axle back, i might guess that the frame is really only holding up the trunk?

Do you have any pics of the car with the tubs installed and the interior installed? can you notice the tub at all in the back seat?

Thanks,
Nate
The area where the frame was notched and welded is actually much thicker and stronger then that thin piece of metal from the factory. If you go back and look at the pics you will see that an 1/8 inch of solid steel was welded in place. Look at the last pics to see how thin the metal from the factory frame is and the fact that it is hollow in between.

There is also a bar that connects both sides of the frame which makes it even stronger then it was stock. I only did the reinforcing near the control arm mount because some have broke there. But there are numerous 8 and 9 second cars that dont have the brace so it's not needed but every little bit will help I guess.

The car was up on the lift today with another one under it so I could not get a pic of the interior in it like I wanted to today. But the interior fits flawless. You would never know by looking at the rear seats that there was a mini-tub done.

Attachments

• MINI TUB COMPLETE 011.jpg
    MINI TUB COMPLETE 011.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 821
  • MINI TUB COMPLETE 034.jpg
    MINI TUB COMPLETE 034.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 815
  • BILLY T 001.jpg
    BILLY T 001.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 836
  • BILLY T 002.jpg
    BILLY T 002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 839
  • MINI TUB COMPLETE 014.jpg
    MINI TUB COMPLETE 014.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 806
Tial 44 mm WG.

Attachments

• BILLY T 032.jpg
    BILLY T 032.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 798
  • BILLY T 033.jpg
    BILLY T 033.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 785
Looks great Brett, you can tell they do quality fabrication work!

BTW, your build-up sounds awesome and it should be one wicked street car!:cool:

Looking good Brett but think I would have gone for a roll bar while everything is apart. Car is never going to pass for a sleeper anyway!:rolleyes:

Looking good Brett but think I would have gone for a roll bar while everything is apart. Car is never going to pass for a sleeper anyway!:rolleyes:
Yea, the sleeper effect might be tough to pull off but the tires are stuffed under there pretty well so at night it will look fairly calm. Definately NO bar of any sort ever! I'm sure many have said that....:rolleyes:

I can make 1/8 mile passes:)

Few pics of interior put back in place after the mini-tub as well as the carpeted trunk with spare tire....:)

Attachments

• INTERIOR AND TRUNK 001.jpg
    INTERIOR AND TRUNK 001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 698
  • INTERIOR AND TRUNK 003.jpg
    INTERIOR AND TRUNK 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 701
  • INTERIOR AND TRUNK 004.jpg
    INTERIOR AND TRUNK 004.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 709
  • INTERIOR AND TRUNK 005.jpg
    INTERIOR AND TRUNK 005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 702
  • INTERIOR AND TRUNK 006.jpg
    INTERIOR AND TRUNK 006.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 702
Few pics of interior put back in place after the mini-tub as well as the carpeted trunk with spare tire....:)

that looks great Dude. :eek:
i would love to see in person.
i can only hope that mines looks half as good as yours when i get done with it.
i have the same Blue on Blue with chrome "T".