Stage 2 at Phillip Island GP circuit Melbourne, Australia Sept 2009

Stage 2 Torana

Hi all, I just finished putting the Stage 2 V6 in my circuit race car. At the minute it's running N/A till we sort the rest of the car out. It still makes over 500hp at the flywheel at 8,000rpm. I'm pretty sure it's the only running Stage 2 in Australia at this time. Awesome engine, can't wait to turbo it..!!
Here's a pic of the car and a sample video from our first race out in it with the stage 2. Most of the other cars are running 700hp 6litre chevs..

YouTube - Sports sedans Race 1 Phillip Island 26/9/09 1st lap

VMRC_R2_0687.jpg

congrats, looks like you are giving them more than they can handle as is

wait when you turbo that sucker and put in about 10 psi, you are going to shoot right pass those guys you are racing now like then are standing still. :)

You already giving them all they can take, if you turbo it, you will dominate!!! Great to see Buick in the land down under!

Where did the other cars go?

After that first lap, we were the quickest on track by 4 seconds a lap. After 5 laps, we were the length of the front straight ahead, then had a front suspension failure at 270km/h. The car survived without too much damage and we ran the rest of the weekend. Last race, went from last to 5th in 2 laps. I'll try and post that race soon...Garry.

Gary,

That is a great looking and running car.
Good luck with your campaign.