Stage 2 engine build pics

Some pictures I took today. Will be a few weeks before I'll be able to start it.
Allan G.

Attachments

• Buick 141A.jpg
    Buick 141A.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Buick 143A.jpg
    Buick 143A.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Buick 145A.jpg
    Buick 145A.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,130
Were did you buy the oil pump kit and what did it cost

Guys, Thanks for the compliments.

The oil pump kit is a TA performance unit. Don't remember what I paid but you can find it on there website. It offers some nice features over the old Dutweiler set-up.

Allan G.

wow....clean...i like...

Thanks, I spent a lot of time on the wire harness and rerouting everything to where I wanted it. Now everything is in one bundle under the intake. The grounds are consolidated to one area instead of the zig-zaging all over the place. The FAST system MAP sensor is propery wired to eliminate jumper harnesses from the TPS. Now most of the add-on stuff looks more factory-like.

I'm working on the insides of the fenders so they look nice and painted when looking from the engine bay. The inside of the front valance will get the same treatment. I will probably do the same with the door jams. This will require the car to be down until spring.

Allan G.

Sweet!!!!!!!!! Very nice Allan, few questions;

Are those ATR headers modified to change the turbo location or are they custom made?
What are you using for fuel lines -8 feed and -6 return? or -10 and -8?

Thanks
prasad

Are those ATR headers modified to change the turbo location or are they custom made?

Thanks
prasad

They look like modified ATRs... I know someone who needs to make the same modifications over the winer, and I like how Allans turbo sits. ;)

They look like modified ATRs... I know someone who needs to make the same modifications over the winer, and I like how Allans turbo sits. ;)

That makes two of us!! Well I am on the fence either go with this style or what on Tom J car; flip the flange 90 degrees. Let me know how you're planning to do this cliffy!!

Prasad:cool:

Thanks
prasad

Headers are modified ATR's. Added RJC 1/2" flange to passenger side header. There is a tubular turbo mount supporting the turbo on the bottom.
Fuel lines are -10 supply, -8 return

Allan G.

Headers are modified ATR's. Added RJC 1/2" flange to passenger side header. There is a tubular turbo mount supporting the turbo on the bottom.
Fuel lines are -10 supply, -8 return

Allan G.

Thanks for the quick reply Allan, did you add the 1/2" RJC flange for better seal for the headers or to make easier to get to the spark plugs? or both?

Was the spacer welded all the way around the outer edge as well as the inside where it meets the ports?

Thanks
Prasad

Thanks for the quick reply Allan, did you add the 1/2" RJC flange for better seal for the headers or to make easier to get to the spark plugs? or both?

Was the spacer welded all the way around the outer edge as well as the inside where it meets the ports?

Thanks
Prasad

The Flange didn't make it easier to get to the spark plugs. I changed it for sealing only. The original flange was not really flat.
The flange was welded on the inside and most of the accessable areae on the outside. The bends are very tight and make it imposible to get at with the Tig torch. This was a flange replacement and not a "Spacer". It didn't change the location of the header.
Allan G.

More pictures I took tonight. Lighting wasn't very good. Very close to starting now. Maybe by the weekend.
New dual fans from TR Custom parts set-up as pushers. Power steering tank mounted on radiator support with AN lines.

Allan G.

Attachments

• Buick 146A.jpg
    Buick 146A.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 915
  • Buick 147A.jpg
    Buick 147A.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 911
  • Buick 148A.jpg
    Buick 148A.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 908
Fans worked out great! Never thought about using them as pushers. Concerned that the shroud might restrict the air flow thru the radiator though being used on the front of it. You have enough room for the intercooler????

Fans worked out great! Never thought about using them as pushers. Concerned that the shroud might restrict the air flow thru the radiator though being used on the front of it. You have enough room for the intercooler????

Mark,

The fans now occupy the space the A/C condensor was in. Since I elliminated the A/C, now I have the extra room. It won't effect the intercooler because of this.
Since it doesn't block any more area in the front or back, I don't believe it will be any less effecient.

Allan G.