Stage II Head Questions

baknblk

I have been told that Stage II heads are not very street friendly. Just wondering why ? Also, will stock headers work on Stage II heads ?:confused:

Nope..

I have been told that Stage II heads are not very street friendly. Just wondering why ? Also, will stock headers work on Stage II heads ?:confused:

The stage heads flow much more air than the stockers, and would be a "project" to get to work well on the street. They require a different set of headers.

I am going to use my Stage II heads on the street. I would say a lot of what people tell you are myths. Why would they not work well on the street?

There are some people on this board that drive their stage II headed cars on the street.

MAC IN SD has a lot of good information as he has a street driven stage II headed car and loves it. He helped me out a lot with mine.

heads

I probably should have defined street friendly . I only cruise, street race and drive to and from the track. The car is not a daily driver, however I want the ability to do Power Tour type driving.

There's no reason stageII heads wont work just fine on the street. As long as you understand you'll have to get an intake and headers to mate up to them.

Cam: Comp 222/218 HR with Comp HR lifters.
Heads: Chapman fully ported S2's with 2.125 in / 1.625 SS valves.
Modified 4V intake and ATR S2 headers.

T-76 BB turbo, Art Carr 16930 9-inch NLU. 96 PPH injectors with a stock ECM and MAFT with extender extreme.

Stupid, ridiculous bottom end touque - should have gone bigger on the cam. Had to step up to a 180 deg thermostat because it wouldn't warm up.

Anyone who says S2 heads are no good on the street has no personal experience with them. Period. Intake manifold is relatively easy to work out, but since ATR went TU, headers will cost you. That's the biggest drawback.

I think that is a myth that some poeple made up to sell more after market production heads. "myth busted";)